2011 Bloody Elbow Tournament of Bad: Harold Howard Region Round of 64 Voting, Part On

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

WrestlingSmarks News

Reaction score

After a long and extensive process, esteemed colleague Brent Brookhouse and I are proud to bring you the 2011 Bloody Elbow Tournament of Bad, an idea stolen from local Chicago sports radio show Boers and Bernstein. The concept is simple: compile a list of 64 of the worst things related to the sport of MMA and pit them against one another in an NCAA Tournament-style bracket. You, the readers, vote on each matchup until we have our ultimate champion.

Last night, Chael Sonnen's credibility, Joe and Dana's five-minute shoutfest, thanking God during postfight interview, and the state of Japanese MMA all advanced to the Round of 32 in the Art Jimmerson Region. Check out the updated bracket.

You still have time to vote for the second part of the Art Jimmerson Region. One game is currently separated by a mere 17 votes.

Today's matchups:

(1) Tape-delayed MMA vs. (16) Male fighters with tramp stamps

(8) "Live" interviews during UFC Fight Night vs. (9) Shinya Aoki's tears

(5) Bro hugs vs. (12) Aleksander Emelianenko competing with Hepatitis C

(4) No knees to the head on the ground vs. (13) MMA Global Invasion in the Dominican Republic

Photos courtesy of Dave Mandel, Masa Fukui, Jeff Sherwood, Sherdog, Google Image Search, my private UFC collection, and the abandoned Nemesis Fighting website.

Voting after the break. Polls close at midnight ET tomorrow.