2008 NBA Free Agent List

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Rell

Reaction score
Thanks, thats an interesting list.

LA is losing Sasha and/or Ronny this summer. Ariza is returning from a knee injury, so his best bet would be to not exercise his players option. LA has to extend Farmar and Bynums rookie contract, so one of them (Ronny or Sasha) has to walk or take less money. Philly showed interest in Ronny, so maybe he'll be a sixer.

Soulpower

I can see Ronny taking less money to stay in LA... and eventually getting a big contract due in part to his friendship with Kobe. As for Vujacic, he's always struck me as the kind of guy who would bolt after getting the first big contract offer.

Bynum HAS to get big money. I know he's been dealing with the knee problems, but he's still a kid and he has plenty of time to get healthy. Signing him SHOULD be the Lakers top priority. I don't see Farmar going anywhere either.

I couldn't help but notice that SA has to sign most of their bench to new contracts... This might be their last year as a legit contender (At least until 2 or 3 more years >_>). Then there's Detroit. Even though he's 60, I would re-sign Hunter (Unless they draft another PG) and maybe re-sign Jarvis Hayes (Depends on wheter or not HE WOULD PLAY!).

Still, Detroit looks in good shape... Though I'd like to see them make a play for Daniel Gibson.

Enigma22

Reaction score
theres a pretty good chance the cavs will just resign gibson unless we sign another pg... and he wouldnt get much playing time on detroit so i think he would just want to stay put...

where do u think gilbert arenas is gonna go? im pretty sure the wizards dont really want him... if hes gonna be healthy i would want the cavs to try and pick him up cause he would definitely help pretty much every team if he was healthy...

Rell

Reaction score
The only other possibilities is re-signing with the Wizards, or coming back to LA

Of course, with the Clippers not the Wizards

The Clippers have the money, he's said that he'd love to come back LA, so I really think this will happen. The Clips with Brand (who's already stated he's not going anywhere) Arenas, and Kamen could be a legitimate contender.

Enigma22

Reaction score
clippers would make the playoffs but i dont think they would contend for a championship...

the cavs really need a solid point guard so i think they could try to pick him up if they think hes gonna be healthy next year...

Rell

Reaction score
I think Cleavland would be better off with a pure pg like TJ Ford, or Mo Williams (maybe trade draft picks or something). A guard that looks to create offense for others. They already have one of the most dominant scorers in the world, adding another scorer would be crazy. If Cleavland ads a pure pg, a spot up shooter to spread the floor, maybe Sasha (from the Lakers), and a player that can score with his back to the basket, they'd be an Eastern contender.

Mo Williams (Or Beno Udrih)
Lebron James / JR Smith (FA)
Sasha Vujacic (FA) / Wally Z / Sasha P
Emeka Okafor (FA)/ Ben Wallace
Big Z / Anderson V / a great low-post defender, Kwame Brown maybe?
+Draft picks

I know Kwame cant score, but his back to the basket defense is above average. If theres one aspect of the game he's mastered, its that.

That team could contend in the East

Enigma22

Reaction score
all they really need to be serious championship contenders is a point guard... i agree mo williams is a better fit and i wouldnt mind if they traded varejao/gibson/pavlovic/wally/damon jones (if anyone wants him)... obviously we wouldnt trade all of them for mo williams but i wouldnt mind getting rid of a few of them and gaining someone like mo... idk if they really need okafor or kwame brown especially if they still have wallace and varejao... Vujacic would be a great pick up tho... Jose Calderon could also be a good trade for the cavs i think...

circle

Reaction score
If Baron Davis opts out of his contract then I'll expect the flood gates to open.

I would like to see TJ Ford in Cleveland, but his injury history bothers me.

Mo Williams is a shoot first point guard...I don't think he is a good fit for Cleveland's system, but whoever they pick in the draft better fit well with their out of whack lineup.