Zoey Stark talks Survivor Series, learning from Trish Stratus, more

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers

Zoey Stark is headed to Chicago this weekend for WWE Survivor Series as she challenges WWE Women's World Champion Rhea Ripley.

Stark, who got drafted to Raw this year, earned this shot against Ripley by winning a November battle royal. Since then, she has confronted the dominant titleholder several times to let her know that she's coming for the title.

I talked to Stark about her whirlwind year since getting called up in addition to her thoughts about working with Trish Stratus & Becky Lynch, and her massive opportunity Saturday.

You can watch our full talk above.

Getting called up

Since getting drafted, Starks has teamed with Trish Stratus, wrestled Becky Lynch, and is challenging Ripley. Stark explained that she did not think this would all happen so fast, saying "it's insane."

"It's been great and honestly, almost a little overwhelming when you put it in perspective of everything that I have done so far. It's insane. You know, when I got drafted, I never thought would happen this fast. So to actually be in this position is so cool."

The goal for NXT talent is to get called up to Raw or Smackdown, so Stark shared that when she found out she was getting drafted, she "broke down and cried a lot."

"I was trying to hold it together and everything, but this is what I've worked so hard for: to be able to get an opportunity on the main roster. So to have at it now, it's so hard to even put into words. I'm so incredibly happy every single time I walk into an arena and I get to look around and see the whole set up. It's so surreal to be able to just look up and look around me like, 'Oh, man, I get to perform in front of all these people tonight.'"

Trish Stratus

Instantly, Stark was paired with Stratus, essentially her sidekick, as Stratus beefed with Lynch that led to a series of matches between the two. During this feud, Stark even got the opportunity to wrestle Lynch on Raw in addition to a falls count anywhere match.

Stark spoke about getting the rub from Stratus so soon after her main roster call-up.

"I was not thinking that I would be working alongside Trish Stratus when I first got to Monday Night Raw. I thought it was just going to be a couple of small things here and there and then like a slow build. But no, they threw me right into the fire and had me hang out with Trish Stratus.

"It was a lot of fun and I still learn a lot from her. She's absolutely amazing. The one thing I would say is like, she's very big on her 'why?' For a storyline or a promo or a match. It's always trying to answer the 'why's.' That way, the fans could grasp what's going on. So that's what I always try and take with me with every little thing that I do."

Becky Lynch

Lynch said working with Lynch was "a little scary" because she is "on the top of the food chain."

"She's done it all. So to be able to share a ring with her or share the mic with her, I'm just sitting back and trying to learn as much as possible. Whether she's giving me advice or I am just sitting there and watching her and watching how she reacts to certain things. But yeah, just sharing a ring with her. You learn so much from her, she's absolutely amazing. If I take the character stuff out of it and everything. As far as our storyline goes, she is so fun to work with and you learn so much from her and she's a superstar. She's great."

Promos

Raw is an entirely different animal that NXT. I asked Stark if she's faced any challenges since being called up to the main roster to which she spoke sincerely about her promos being a challenge.

"Definitely promos. I'm great inside of the ring. I know that, I'm very athletic and I know what I'm doing when I step through those ropes. But promos can be a little bit challenging from time to time. I feel like every single time I go out there, I'm getting better and better and better.

"And really, at the end of the day, that's all anyone can really ask for, you know? And people could sit there and make fun of my promo work or say whatever, but they're not doing it. They don't know what it's like to have a microphone in your hand. You're talking to one person across the ring with fans chanting and saying whatever, saying the 'what' chant so they could critique and do whatever they want."

"But unless you have been in that ring doing exactly what I've been doing, you can't. I'm not going to take your advice and I'm not going to listen to you, you know? So definitely the promo work is one thing that I've been working on and I feel like every time I go out there, I'm getting better and better."

"And I go to Paul Heyman, I do go to Becky Lynch. And I try and ask these questions to make sure that I'm putting up the best product possible."

Stark also shared that she Stratus is just a phone call away, and also helps her out with anything she might need.

"She will take time out of her day and she'll sit there and go over it with me."

Rhea Ripley

Stark said she's "excited" for Saturday's challenge of Ripley as she's always wanted to wrestle her.

"Oh, I'm really excited for this one. Before I even came to the main roster, I said I've always wanted to really wrestle Ripley and to be able to have a good storyline with her. And now we're actually here. It's that time for it. So I'm completely ready and I'm prepared for it. And we're gonna have a hard-hitting match and it's going to be exciting."

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Should be a fantastic match if they're given the time.

I'm a fan of her ring work, just needs to work on the rest and she could be an important piece of the division.