Ziggler on 3 hour RAW and the Rock

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Senhor Perfect

Bulletproof
Reaction score
Dolph Ziggler spoke with NOVA FM while in Australia last week doing promotional work for WWE. Ziggler was asked if RAW being three-hours is too much. He replied:

"No and here's why. We have so many superstars who aren't on TV every week or at all. We have so many great guys that are fighting for 30 seconds on TV or to be in a backstage shot for a couple seconds. I think with three hours, it's going to be that much better to start establishing new WWE Superstars. In the long run, that's a much better idea for WWE so you can start having kids relate to the different characters."

Ziggler also admitted that he was one of the talents who thought a year or two ago that The Rock was back for a month to take all the big spots. Ziggler defended The Rock's return:

"Rock is back to bring more eyes to the WWE than what would have been on them. The whole thing is to get a new audience to cross over and enjoy our show. In the long run, him being in that spot and coming back to giving back to WWE will bring, hopefully, lots of eyes who normally wouldn't see it."
Read more at http://www.lordsofpain.net/news/wwe/Dolph_Ziggler_Talks_About_RAW_Being_Three_Hours_and_The_Rock_Bringing_More_Fans.html#6IDfOOLBqWKRlRlI.99

:obama:

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
Agree with him on three-hour Raws. If they change the pace/style in which they book the show, three hours can be a blessing. But if they stretch the three-hour format the way they are, it won't work. And on the Rock, yes, he brings more eyes to the product, but not necessarily in the long run. If they only have him work a program with Cena for a while he'll bring viewers in but only in the time span that he's there, they should use him to put someone who needs the rub over.

Swift

Alien Princess
Banned
Reaction score
But people who normally wouldn't be watching will tune in, and they'll get to see guys like Cesaro, Ryback, Sheamus kicking ass and will probably continue watching to see those guys, even after Rock's gone. "Hey this Ryback guy is pretty brutal! Might have to start watching"

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
deth said:
But people who normally wouldn't be watching will tune in, and they'll get to see guys like Cesaro, Ryback, Sheamus kicking ass and will probably continue watching to see those guys, even after Rock's gone. "Hey this Ryback guy is pretty brutal! Might have to start watching"

Nice point. But that would require WWE to book a decent product outside of what Rock/Brock/etc do, so people won't go "why is this midget dancing with this giant guy? lol just here to see the rock and tune off later"

Swift

Alien Princess
Banned
Reaction score
Leo C said:
Nice point. But that would require WWE to book a decent product outside of what Rock/Brock/etc do, so people won't go "why is this midget dancing with this giant guy? lol just here to see the rock and tune off later"

I think they're doing okay (though they can do better obviously). They have Rock and Brock keeping the casuals interested, but they're also pushing guys like Cesaro, Sheamus, Ziggler, The Shield, Ryback, hell even guys like PTP or 3MB are on TV quite a bit (even if it's just jobbing lol). All "new" guys.

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
deth said:
I think they're doing okay (though they can do better obviously). They have Rock and Brock keeping the casuals interested, but they're also pushing guys like Cesaro, Sheamus, Ziggler, The Shield, Ryback, hell even guys like PTP or 3MB are on TV quite a bit (even if it's just jobbing lol). All "new" guys.

Yeah, it's true. They're pushing some good talent, but it's all a matter of chance. A guy can tune in a good or a bad moment. If you tune in a show for the first time and you have a match such as Punk/Bryan going on, you'll think, man, this thing is good. Doesn't even need to be a match, a good promo, a good gimmick on the screen will hold you. But some moments are just embarrassing. I do agree with you though.

Saylor

Champion
Reaction score
Website
www.wweforums.net
Dolph Ziggler saying it like it is and I agree. I defiantly agree with him on the 3 hours and The Rock as The Rock is a movie star which will cause more viewers to tune in and give them a reason to tune in such as stars like Ryback, The Shield, Sheamus, The Miz, etc. It's a logical way of thinking and Dolph Ziggler hit the nail on the head with that one, good points.

Dat Kid1

King of smurf Style
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
I agree with Ziggler, Rock is back to bring eyes to the WWE. Rock brings back all the old wrestling fans and WWE caters to women and children viewers. Product still sucks though.