Zeus

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
b9fd74d72cc9c7297834bfc35cc9b215.jpg

Now remember the landscape of wrestling in 1989 was still cartoony and cheesy, so you have to look at it on that scale.

You take the villain from Hogan's latest movie and bill him as a super badass heel who is here to prove things wouldn't turn out like they did in the movie. Simple enough, right? Introducing Savage to the angle was a brilliant move and created for a highly entertaining feud IMO.

Deebo wasn't a great wrestler obviously, but he didn't have to be. He just had to look like a beast and no sell people's offense. I thought the tag team cage match they had at Summerslam was pretty damn good.

Senhor Perfect

Bulletproof
Reaction score
Savage deserves SO much credit for putting up with that wooden hack. Liston could not execute/sell any move, it was then I started to wonder if wrestling really was fake @ 5 years old. Thanks Tiny! :annoyed:

Lockard 23

The WWF/E Guru
Reaction score
Fun fact: There was actually talks of putting the title on Zeus for a brief period. No Holds Barred might have been a disappointment (Vince did lose money on it, though it's still better than every movie WWE Films puts out these days, except for The Condemned) but the angle is Zeus was actually quite popular.

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
Senhor Perfect said:
Savage deserves SO much credit for putting up with that wooden hack. Liston could not execute/sell any move, it was then I started to wonder if wrestling really was fake @ 5 years old. Thanks Tiny! :annoyed:

Those promos are gold.

Lockard 23

The WWF/E Guru
Reaction score
Senhor Perfect said:

Well, fittingly enough, 1989 was also the year when Vince McMahon came out and admitted that it was in fact just a show.