Zeb/Swagger face turn soon?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

RoyalRaven

Fooqy Booqy Biggest Gamer Winner!
Banned
Reaction score
Well, I think it's rather obvious that we will have a match between Rusev and Swagger at the Battleground PPV but unlike most, I have a feeling that Rusev will at least win round one in this feud and remain undefeated for just a little while longer...

Swaggers gonna be jobbing hard in this feud!

Red Rain

The Bully
Technician
Reaction score
Just because the character of "Zeb Colter" has always been a heel doesn't mean that Dutch can't work face. He's done it before and successfully all over the country. In fact, without Zeb, there's no way that Jack could really work strongly face.

As it is, I actually think this would be a good time to allow Rusev to take a loss. It does a lot of things both for him and for Swagger.

1) It shows that Rusev, while almost unbeatable, can be beaten. If Swagger has to snatch a "dusty" victory from the jaws of defeat once or twice, it shows that it takes a cunning opponent to beat him, but it also makes Rusev more approachable as a character and more believable in the "Reality Era".

2) It builds Swagger. WWE has always been high on Swagger and giving him a duke or two over Rusev, who's beaten all comers convincingly, particularly if it's done by a little bit of trickery, gives Swagger a cunning side and shows that he's willing to do what it takes to win a match.

Of course, both of these are points of character development building two guys for the long term rather than focusing on the immediate, something WWE has historically not been very good at. But, they've also had huge successes in the character development area (Rocky, SCSA, Curt Hennig, Jake Roberts, John Cena, Daniel Bryan). So, i's worth it to try.

wk

This is confusing to me. I mean does Rusev really have such a big future that Big E would job to him?
I realize somebody big has to eat the pins, but Big E is still a young cat.
In fact, Rusev pales to Umaga. Umaga was the perfect monster character who had long term potential
Umaga was one of the few 'jobbers' who actually dug a really good match out of John Cena in the early years

CrayJ Lee

Champion
Reaction score
Website
bewitchingbennett.tumblr.com
They have to do something different with the gimmick. If they keep it the same way, it runs the risk of becoming predictable and stale in feuds. With a face turn, I'd be interested to see how they could flip it around so they could get crowd support and how they'd make amends for their past comments about immigrants in this country. Given the recent developments in our country with the huge influx of illegal immigrants and the humanitarian concerns surrounding that, there's lots of ways they could tie it all together.

Reactions: Snowman1

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
Plus, Swagger had been a heel forever, literally. It was clear he was never going to achieve anything as a heel anyway, why not try something different? In the worst case scenario he'll be jobbing in the midcard like he already used to do.

Aids Johnson

The Beast
Champion
Reaction score
His face turn will be incorporated with his stance as jobber to the big guys. Swag is cabbage.

BaraaKhalaf92

Champion
Reaction score
I would like to see him as a face for once..
I think he will do great.