Yushin Okami Feels That He Lost First Fight With Anderson Silva

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

WrestlingSmarks News

Reaction score
UFCMiddleweightYushinOkami_large.jpg
Yushin Okami will be challenging Anderson Silva for the UFC middleweight title at UFC 134, and most fans know that this is a rematch of the 2006 battle at Rumble on the Rock 8 in Hawaii. Okami won the first bout by disqualification after Anderson used an illegal kick from his guard to hurt Okami, who was unable to continue. Okami spoke to Tatame about that bout, and while he has the W on his record, he doesn't feel like he won the fight:

"I won by DQ, but I felt I lost that fight," he said, responding to Anderson, who said he faked he was hurt to stop the fight. "There was a damage. There is no point to talk about past things so I don't really care of what people say about last fight. However, that experience made me stronger and as a result I was able to fight in UFC afterwards so I really thank and respect Silva. The word that he says to that I was dressed in damage last is past. I am not dressed. This time I will fight with respect and it will be a chance to show who's the best".

Okami (26-5, 10-2 UFC) will try to end Anderson's 14-fight winning streak on August 27th in Rio.