Your Worst Ideas...

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Cloud

Champion
Reaction score
It was Mughil on the curry mile.

And no way Prestwich just up the road from where I'm based in Bury.

acailler

Reaction score
My other half used to live in Fallowfield when she was a mere student...I know the curry mile well...NOM.

My other half lives in Prestwhich, local stop Bowker Vale
Grandparents live in Unsworth
Sister lives in Pic :D

Cloud

Champion
Reaction score
Yup know them areas fairly well Prestwich better than most as used to date a girl round there in the past.

And yes NOM at the curry mile it's awesome.

Reactions: acailler

Robbie Coletrain

Big Robbie
Reaction score
Sticking blue tack up my nose when I was younger and having to go to hospital.

Cloud

Champion
Reaction score
On putting things in strange places.

1. Shoved lego up my bum as a kid #godknows
2. Pissed in my dads VCR as a child as well haha

acailler

Reaction score
kanenite95 said:
I used to wrestle with my bros when i was little, i tried to dive at my bro, he moved, i hit my head on a desk and ripped it open. Why i dove at him when there was a desk right behind him is beyond me

That explains...SO much. :urm:

Reactions: Dolph'sZiggler

acailler

Reaction score
In Western culture, the finger (as in giving someone the finger or the bird), also known as the finger wave, the middle finger, flipping someone off, or flicking someone off, is an obscene hand gesture, often meaning the phrases "up yours", "fuck off" ("screw off") or "fuck you" ("screw you") . It is performed by showing the back of a closed fist that has only the middle finger extended upwards. In a more common and less obscene use,[clarification needed] extending the finger is the universal[citation needed] symbol of contempt.
Contents [hide]
1 Origin
2 Other names
3 See also
4 References
5 External links
[edit]Origin

The finger is one of the most ancient insult gestures and was seen as phallic in meaning.[1] The earliest attested reference to the finger comes from Ancient Greece when it was known as the ?????????[2][3] (katapugon, from kata - ????, "downwards"[4] and pug? - ????, "rump, buttocks"[5]) and reference is made to using the finger in ancient Greek comedy to insult another person, where the term katapugon also meant "a male (or a female, katapugaina[6]) who submits to anal penetration".[7] In Ancient Roman writings it is identified as the digitus impudicus (impudent finger)[8][1] and the widespread usage of the finger in many cultures is likely because of the geographical influence of the Roman Empire and Greco-Roman civilization.[citation needed] Another possible origin of this gesture can be found in the first-century Mediterranean world, where extending the finger was one of many methods used to divert the ever-present threat of the evil eye offense.[9]

Baseball pitcher Old Hoss Radbourn pictured giving the finger to cameraman, 1886. (Back row, far left). First known photograph of the gesture.[10]
According to anthropologist Desmond Morris, the gesture probably came to the United States from Italian immigrants and is documented as early as 1886 when a baseball pitcher for the Boston Beaneaters, Old Hoss Radbourn, was photographed giving it to a member of the rival New York Giants.[1]
[edit]Other names

The gesture has also been referred to flipping, flicking off (sometimes flashing or flying), one-digit salute, the bird;[11] or it could be flipping somebody off.[11]
[edit]See also

Bras d'honneur
Obscene gesture
V Sign, for the obscene bird-finger gesture in the UK
[edit]References

^ a b c Nasaw, Daniel (2012-02-06). "When did the middle finger become offensive?". BBC News Magazine (BBC). Retrieved 2012-02-07.
^ ?????????, Henry George Liddell, Robert Scott, A Greek-English Lexicon, on Perseus
^ David M. Halperin, John J. Winkler, Before Sexuality: The Construction of Erotic Experience in the Ancient Greek World, p.186. Princeton University Press, on Google books
^ ????, Henry George Liddell, Robert Scott, A Greek-English Lexicon, on Perseus
^ ????, Henry George Liddell, Robert Scott, A Greek-English Lexicon, on Perseus
^ Claude Calame, Janet Lloyd, The poetics of eros in Ancient Greece, p. 137, Princeton University Press, 1999, on Google books
^ Beth Cohen, Not the classical ideal: Athens and the construction of the other in Greek art, p.186, Brill, 2000
^ Adams, Cecil. "What's the origin of 'the finger'?" Straight Dope, September 4, 1998
^ Malina, Bruce J., The New Testament World: Insights from Cultural Anthropology, 3rd Ed., (Louisville: Westminster John Knox Press, 2001)
^ Achorn, Edward (2010). Fifty-nine in '84: Old Hoss Radbourn, Barehanded Baseball, and the Greatest Season a Pitcher Ever Had. Smithsonian Books. p. 24. ISBN 978-0-06-182586-6.
^ a b Kipfer, Barbara Ann; Chapman, Robert L. (2008). American Slang. HarperCollins. p. 165. ISBN 978-0-06-117947-1. OCLC 191931926.
[edit]External links

Wikimedia Commons has media related to: Middle finger gestures
Robbins, Ira P. (2004), Digitus Impudicus: The Middle Finger and the Law, retrieved 2010-03-01.

DONE.

acailler

Reaction score
punk__s_smug_smile_by_svp_cule-d36ej4b.jpg

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
Worst idea I ever had? Coming into this thread.

I figured the thread would turn into sex chat within 3 posts. Turns out it took 4.

Jose Tortilla

Champion
Reaction score
Going out with my uncle in Spain after the World Cup 2010 final..