Your Best Teen Movies?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
I didn't even say decent, I said surprisingly good. Not gonna lie that movie was sad as fuck. I thought it was well done and stayed true to the source material better than most book movies. I expected it to just be another movie from a popular teen book that had poor acting and relied on the book to sell it (which probably helped TFioS as well), but I enjoyed most of it. I don't really get how it's insulting to people that have their diseases either. If anything it presents them with something more realistic. Life sucks and then you die so you might as well make the best of it while you have your chance.

Won't go into too much detail, but I thought it was overly sentimental, and made its characters look like cardborad cut outs. Plus I just found them annoying, and if you find them annoying you are just not going to buy into the film full-stop. The scene in the Anne Frank House was just crap to try and link the experience of having cancer with going through the Holocaust is just cheap. The only things which saved the film for me, were the lead performance, and Williem Defoe's mad Dutch accient!:yes:

I respect that it worked for you, as it has for many.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
The Faculty is another which stands out for me. Remember it being described by Total Film as "The Breakfast Club meets Invasion of the Body Snatchers which seems fitting. Think I enjoyed it more for the grown up cast, but it was good fun.

Also, a French director called Celine Sciamma has produced two wonder teen dramas in Water Lilies (2008), and Tomboy (2011), and has new film Girlhood on the way.

StylezFx

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
theshield
Favorite Wrestler
thewhyats
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
therock3
The Breakfast Club (before my time but is a good movie)
American Pie
Love & Basketball
Juice
Boyz n the Hood
Superbad
House Party
How High (just funny as shit)

Twitchy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
heathslater
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Favorite Wrestler
alsnow
Favorite Wrestler
melina
The Breakfast Club (before my time but is a good movie)
American Pie
Love & Basketball
Juice
Boyz n the Hood
Superbad
House Party
How High (just funny as shit)

Superbad could be the best movie of all day. "Oh like cumming cumming, AHHHHH"