Yabba Dabba WWE! Cena, McMahon Set For Flintstones Movie

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Wangman Page

Cowboy Shit
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
hulkhogan
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
boots2asses
WWE Studios has teamed with Warner Bros. to co-produce a “Flintstonesâ€￾ animated movie that will be released direct-to-homevideo platforms in early 2015.

Toon will feature Vince McMahon, John Cena, CM Punk and other stars on WWE’s talent roster as themselves – with a Flintstones twist (Vince McMagma, John Cenastone, CM Punkrock – as Fred, Barney and friends attend the first WWE main event.

The film will be produced by Warner Bros. Animation and WWE Studios.

Warner Home Video will distrib the film across all home video platforms, with WWE promoting the pic cross its own TV shows, magazine, websites and live events.

“The Flintstonesâ€￾ becomes the second animated co-production between the companies after they announced an animated “Scooby-Dooâ€￾ film that will feature WWE’s stars in a new mystery when it’s released in March, just before “WrestleMania 30.â€￾

Deal to co-produce a “Flintstonesâ€￾ film also extends an ongoing joke involving John Cena over the last several years.

Given Cena’s decision to build a brand around wearing brightly colored T-shirts and hats, he was called “fruity pebblesâ€￾ as an insult during a feud with Dwayne “The Rockâ€￾ Johnson.

But WWE embraced the term and brokered an endorsement deal with Post Cereals that put Cena on boxes of Fruity Pebbles and Cocoa Pebbles — even replacing Fred Flintstone — to promote “WrestleManiaâ€￾ and other pay-per-views over the last two years. Cena also has been shown backstage eating bowls of Fruity Pebbles during shows as part of the promo.

The cereal, introduced in 1971, features characters from “The Flintstonesâ€￾ and is the oldest cereal brand based on characters from a TV series or movie.

The Flintstones also enable WWE to expand its efforts to build its family audience. It’s also tag teamed with Saban to produce “WWE Saturday Morning Slam,â€￾ a Saturday morning series that’s been airing on the Vortexx block of kids shows on the CW. WWE also will co-produce the TV movie “Christmas Bounty,â€￾ with ABC Family, to air during its “25 Days of Christmasâ€￾ programming block this winter.

“WWE is family-friendly entertainment, so partnering with Warner Bros. on a Flintstones-WWE project was a natural extension of our ‘Scooby-Doo’ deal,â€￾ said Michael Luisi, president, WWE Studios. “This new, animated feature allows us to showcase our brand with young fans and loyal Flintstones enthusiasts alike.â€￾

And for Warner Bros., a pair up with WWE enables the studio to build some buzz around its aging “Flintstonesâ€￾ brand the way it’s been able to continue its “Scooby-Dooâ€￾ series through new sequels and spinoffs over the years.

“Warner Bros. is thrilled to continue our partnership with WWE Studios as we begin production of the latest ‘Flintstones’ animated feature,â€￾ said Jeff Brown, executive VP and general manager, TV, Warner Home Video. “Our recent production collaborations have proven successful and we have the utmost confidence that the latest tag team between the WWE Superstars and The Flintstones will deliver the same results.â€￾

This is great I hope that they only have a short role in the film but I like it. good for them.

Joey

Reaction score
This sounds fun! For once WWE Talent isnt starring in an action movie about an ex-marine.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
For once WWE Talent isnt starring in an action movie about an ex-marine.
You mean like every other movie they've starred in except for the Marine movies? :lol:

Joey

Reaction score
You mean like every other movie they've starred in except for the Marine movies? :lol:

I mean other than the marine there was 12 rounds, also an ex-marine. The important part is that its not an action flick.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
I mean other than the marine there was 12 rounds, also an ex-marine. The important part is that its not an action flick.
Oh so you're just referring to Cena? Because yeah, HHH and Big Show have starred in comedy, Kane and Brodus in horror, Wade Barrett in a thriller, Orton in a drama, etc.

Joey

Reaction score
Oh so you're just referring to Cena? Because yeah, HHH and Big Show have starred in comedy, Kane and Brodus in horror, Wade Barrett in a thriller, Orton in a drama, etc.

Okay, i made a small exaggeration. I dont remember HHH and Show in a comedy, but Kane's "See No Evil" could count as an Action-Horror. And Idek about Barrett's. Point is, this is a change.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
It's probably better for you not to know about Big Show's movie, Knucklehead was pretty horrible. :lol: The Chaperone with HHH was surprisingly funny, but then again I was drunk when I watched it so that could be why.

The movie Barrett was in is called Dead Man Down and also stars Colin Farrell, Terrence Howard and Noomi Rapace. It's a damn good little revenge thriller, well worth a watch.

Anyhow, yeah, its good that they branch out, they've been making more money by focusing on other genres, particularly thrillers, where DMD and The Call both did fairly well.

Joey

Reaction score
oh! I saw knucklehead.

The "big dummy" from the orphanage, that becomes a championship boxer. Yeah, not the best movie i've ever seen. Reminded me of Nacho Libre, except Nacho Libre was funny.