Y2J Signs A New Contract & Reveals His Schedule

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

KITT

The Artiste
Reaction score
Life couldn't be better. It's just that watching other wrestling promotions really makes you realize how much WWE sucks, thus I bury them deeper. As far as Jericho in particular, well, it's not my fault that he comes back twice every year and has just put about half the roster over. He can still put on fine matches but he's just no very much relevant anymore.

Relevance is in the eye of the beholder. That's very subjective as are most of our opinions regarding any art form, i.e. WWE sucking.

I for one can't stand ROH. They do fancy moves, but they can't sell worth a fuck. That's the center of a wrestling match, selling. Ricky Morton shit.

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
Relevance is in the eye of the beholder. That's very subjective as are most of our opinions regarding any art form, i.e. WWE sucking.

I for one can't stand ROH. They do fancy moves, but they can't sell worth a fuck. That's the center of a wrestling match, selling. Ricky Morton shit.
True. It is subjective. But yeah, imo his star power has diminished over the last few years.

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
Wonder when the last time was that Kitt watched ROH.

Because the no selling is far from a problem in today's ROH except for with guys like Elgin

KITT

The Artiste
Reaction score
That's a fair statement, Leo

KITT

The Artiste
Reaction score
Wonder when the last time was that Kitt watched ROH.

Because the no selling is far from a problem in today's ROH except for with guys like Elgin
I watched last month

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
I watched last month
Name some examples then please. Because ROH is the American promotion that I actually follow meticulously. And I see very little no selling in ROH's product right now. Do I see guys powering through pain and moves? Yes, but in the ROH universe it makes sense, it is a form of selling. ROH works more like strong style wrestling, where a part of the selling and the story is working through the pain, seeing who's the toughest and strongest if you catch my drift. Finishers and such are over all protected, there are a few miscreants on that front sure but ROH has worked over the years to move their style into a more strong style meets sports entertainment style and done it well.

Of course are guys in ROH who are bad sellers, I'll give you that. Michael Elgin is a self acknowledged bad seller and has said that he is working on that. And Kyle O'Reilly tends to forget that he has had a leg worked over for most of a match. But it is far from indyriffic like say PWG no selling.

That said, if we cannot allow guys in a "sports wrestling" promotion to fight through strikes and moves, then we shouldn't have allowed guys like Hogan and Warrior to hulk up either. Because that was fucking no selling.

Last edited:

KITT

The Artiste
Reaction score
This is a more finely nuanced debate than I realized initially. I can't name specific matches or wrestlers for you, but I can check another episode out this weekend and share more specific notes.

I am very familiar with strong style, and that ROH considers itself American strong style. Also don't take away from my comments that I am belittling the talent or effort given in ROH. It's clearly a wonderful breeding ground for talent to either go to WWE or Japan.

Time is short at the moment but we can definitely go further into the nuances of selling later on. The examples of Warrior and Hogan no selling aren't really relevant I feel to the discussion we are having. They have very specific characters who that makes sense for. It worked for them but it would be ridiculous to see someone like Tyson Kidd kick out of an AA and shrug off all the previous offense to hit his finish.