X-Men Origins: Wolverine

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

The GOAT

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
I just watched this film for the first time and while it was enjoyable enough, what's up with the brotherly rivalry between Wolverine and Sabertooth going unresolved? For two hours, they built it up as this big showdown that would go down at the end with one of them (Sabertooth, obviously) dying, but then they team up against Wade and then part ways and that's it?!

It'd be OK if it was resolved in a latter film, but I just saw the cast for the Wolverine film (which I haven't watched yet) and nowhere is Sabertooth/Liev Schreiber listed anywhere. Disappointing.

Also, on another note, after watching this film, William Stryker's death from X-2 is kind of disappointing. This film kind of makes you wish Wolverine had gutted him personally, but I guess that's a whole separate topic.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
IMO I completely throw that movie out of the picture, I just really did not care for how they presented it.. they essentially ruined Deadpool (although apparently not, now they're just going to ignore that completely yet still use the same person).. they also fucked up with Gambit entirely, the storyline they tried to give him as well as the actor they chose to play him in the form of Taylor Kitsch was just very far off...

Personally The Wolverine was almost done just right, Sabretooth would make absolutely no sense in that storyline and that is most likely why he was not involved in the movie.. I do believe there will be one more Wolverine-based movie that may end the rivalry for good, but with the route they're going on now I'm not sure I'd be willing to see them risk the nice flow they have currently by doing an in-between storyline involving another meeting between Logan and Victor.. granted I do really want to see it end.. hopefully just like in the comics with Wolverine decapitating Sabretooth (although in a PG13 world I doubt that would be how they did it :p)

The GOAT

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
Well, he and/or Sabertooth DID decapitate Wade at the end, so that style of death is certainly possible in a future movie.

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
I just watched this film for the first time and while it was enjoyable enough, what's up with the brotherly rivalry between Wolverine and Sabertooth going unresolved? For two hours, they built it up as this big showdown that would go down at the end with one of them (Sabertooth, obviously) dying, but then they team up against Wade and then part ways and that's it?!

Because it's the timeline prequel to the original 3 X-men movies. With Sabertooth being very much alive in X-1 (implied that he dies at the end of X-1 but knowing Sabertooth he probably survived).

The GOAT

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
Because it's the timeline prequel to the original 3 X-men movies. With Sabertooth being very much alive in X-1 (implied that he dies at the end of X-1 but knowing Sabertooth he probably survived).

It's been awhile since I saw the original X-Men film so that completely slipped my mind.