WWF - Royal Rumble 1999

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

danman

Reaction score
ok well most of youdon't know me but a few might... I hope most of you get to know me with this BTB....

Backstory
200px-Royal_Rumble_1999.jpg

Results
Numbers in parentheses indicate the length of the match.

Sunday Night HEAT match: Christian defeated Jeff Hardy (11:00)
Christian pinned Hardy.

Sunday Night HEAT match: Bob Holly and Scorpio defeated Too Much (Scott Taylor and Brian Christopher) (3:52)
Holly pinned Christopher.

Sunday Night HEAT match: Mankind defeated Mabel (5:04)
Mankind pinned Mabel.

After the match, Mabel hit Mankind with a Big Splash to soften him up for his title match later in the night.

The Big Boss Man defeated Road Dogg (11:52)
Boss Man pinned Road Dogg after a Boss Man Slam.

Ken Shamrock defeated Billy Gunn to retain the WWF Intercontinental Championship (14:24)

Shamrock forced Gunn to submit with the Ankle Lock.
During the match, Val Venis interfered and hit a DDT on Shamrock.

X-Pac defeated Gangrel to retain the WWF European Championship (5:53)
X-Pac pinned Gangrel after an X-Factor.

Sable defeated Luna Vachon in a Strap match to retain the WWF Women's Championship (4:43)

Sable won after touching all four corners after a fan attacked Luna.
The Rock defeated Mankind in an "I Quit" match to win the WWF Championship (21:46)

Rock won after placing the microphone by Mankind's mouth and letting the words "I quit" (taken from a previous Mankind promo) play out on the speakers.

Vince McMahon won the 1999 Royal Rumble (56:38)
The final two participants were Vince McMahon and Steve Austin. McMahon won when The Rock interfered and distracted Austin, letting McMahon eliminate him from behind.

Vince snuck out of the ring under the bottom rope, with Austin chasing him afterwards. The two brawled in a bathroom but The Corporation came and attacked Austin. Austin was then taken into an ambulance van.

Royal Rumble (1999) was the twelfth annual Royal Rumble professional wrestling pay-per-view event produced by the World Wrestling Federation. It took place on January 24, 1999 at the Arrowhead Pond in Anaheim, California. The official theme song was the in-house produced song "No Chance in Hell" by The Chris Warren Band, which would later become Vince McMahon's entrance theme. The tag line was "No Chance in Hell".

One of the main themes of the Rumble match was a bounty Vince McMahon had placed on Steve Austin. McMahon offered USD$100,000 to anyone who could eliminate Austin from the match. Though Vince was the one who eliminated him..

Roster -

Vince
Shane
Taker
Austin
X pack
Stephanie
Trips
Rock
Edge
Christian
Mabel
Viscera
Foley
Big Boss Man
Kane
Godfather
Chyna
Billy Gunn
Road Dog
Sable
Ken Shamrock
Golda
Bradshaw
Faarooq
Mark Henry
Luna
Bob Holly
Matt Hardy
Jeff Hardy
Kurgan

(I continue of from where this left off with the show after being my first show which should be up in close to a week.)

THE Brian Kendrick's Biceps

By memory you quit your last BTB, so I'm not quite sure about this. I wish you luck, but I don't see you lasting too long tbh.

Evil Austin

I do wish you luck but by knowing you outside of the forum.. you probably are going to need it..

McLovin

Reaction score
This could be a very good BTB, not many BTBs have succeeded in this time region on IWF. Hopefully you can do well.