WWE's lack of interest in Samoa Joe.

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
– World Wrestling Entertainment officials reportedly did not reach out to Samoa Joe during a few day period last month he was a free agent. There were people in the organization pushing Joe to be signed, but results were not had before he reached a new agreement with TNA Wrestling.

source: PWInsider.com

My take on this would be that it would have to be a major reason why there was no Samoa Joe interest WWE-side, which wouldn't make much sense, since Joe is one of the best around. Could it be his physique? Not from the company that borught in Trevor Murdoch, the most unlikely looking WWE superstar post 90s. Again the same company that kept bringing back Mabel/Viscera/Big Daddy V time and time again. Could it be that he workst too stiff? Not a chance, since WWE's style of work is more tight due to the HD camera angles. Most people won't believe it, but WWE's style is more intense than TNA's and ROH's.

It could be his attitude, which is well documented as being notoriously foul tempered. Although this was the same company that brought in Taz, and Scott Steiner, one became an announcer the other was shown the door. This might be the reason why Samoa Joe wasn't offered anything, it could be his attitude that is holding him back. People with bad attitudes and heat magnets are just not tolerated in WWE. They can afford to say no to even the greatest of workers.

Thoughts?

Prodigy

Banned
Reaction score
I possibly think it's because of his attitude and with WWE's recent budget cuts and release of talents it may not of been good for them to risk it.

I think another reason though is the fact WWE pride themselves on being more a less homegrown as in most talents work in indies before working up in their developmental ect. Whereas TNA is a bunch of WWE guys with a few non WWE guys. Really think that could be why.

Brock Lesnar

Reaction score
I don't see Samoa Joe being a good fit for the WWE, he's a TNA guy and I think they'd hold it against him. Plus his build isn't something that would get him over, and frankly I think he'd be under utilized in the big E.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
He has been underutilized for almost 3 years, nothing the WWE would do is worse than what Russo and Co, have done to him. Something tells me he could get over, he can talk. Not Rock like, but definitely better than Orton. He can have some of the greatest matches of the year. But for some reason there just wasn't any interest.

The talent is there, just not the interest.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
I think WWE just see Joe as too much of an indie type wrestler, both in look and ring style. But then again if Umaga got over I think Joe can.

If I was him I would see WWE as the lesser of two evils. I think ever since his TNA Title run bombed, he has never recovered, and has been repackenged unsuccesfully too many times. His TNA days are numbered while Russio, Hogan and Bishoff are around. It is worth noting than part of Joe's down fall is down to him as well, because he really let himself go, and got lazy.

But it is a shame because in ROH, and for the first half of his TNA run he was world class.

The New F'n Show

Reaction score
I really thought Joe would have been smart to return to ROH as TNA has nothing for him and ROH has been putting on some great shows lately. But I was very wrong.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I was surprised that WWE didn't have much interest in Joe. I thought that they could do a lot for him and that he would be given a good chance there. Many didn't think that Punk or Danielson could make it yet Punk has become a maineventer and Danielson is well on his way. Yes he would be the biggest name from TNA they have brought across but I still think that he would have had a better shot there than in TNA where he continues to be buried.

I agree that ROH would have been a better option for him. At least for six months or so to get his groove back with wrestling.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Joes does have a lot to prove, the guy is a shadow of his former self.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Joes does have a lot to prove, the guy is a shadow of his former self.