WWE's camera policy for upcoming WrestleMania XVII ?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

ahmadka

Reaction score
Hi all ... Well I'm booked to attend the WrestleMania XVII waiting to happen in just over a week (cant wait!) .. And I wanted to know if WWE event's have any restrictions on cameras and such ... I've heard many different things by googling the web, and dont know which still applies and which doesn't ...

I've heard that taking pictures with cell phones gets you thrown out ?! ..

I've heard that DSLR cameras, or cameras for which 'lens can be changed', aren't allowed ..

And I've also heard that any camera other than those very small pathetic point and shoot cameras are also not allowed inside ...

And yet on the ticket which I have it says "No Lasers/Video Cameras" ... And from this I understand that maybe 'Still Cameras' are allowed ?!

Anyways, this is the camera which I plan to take .. It may look like a DSLR, but its really just an average camera with a slightly bigger lens:

http://www.amazon.com/Panasonic-DMC-FZ35-Digital-Optical-Stabilized/dp/B002IKLJU0

Would this camera be okay ?

Can anyone help me out on this, as this is my first WWE event .. ?

Thanks in advance people :)

Mike Chaos

Reaction score
Well judging from past Wrestlemania's and other WWE live events, you see the crowd always flashing their cameras. I don't see why you wouldn't be able to have a camera. How can they kick you out of an event that you paid for if you are following the rules that is stated on the ticket?

Of course I am no expert on this considering I have never been to a WM. Plus they check you at the door, so if you have your camera at the door you can ask the security guy who pats you down or the ticket scanner, that way you can avoid all problems later.

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
False. My friend uploaded videos and photos DURING the event last year from both his phone and his camera.

1chiban

Reaction score
I think they don't like you taking videos. That's why you run the risk using your cell phone in the vicinity of a steward as you could handily be using the video function.

However, I personally don't even understand that as the cell phone footage is not the same as what the TV output is, therefore surely it isn't copyright infringement?

Reaction score
You can tell your forum is slow when this is a topic on the top of the page.