WWE to Broadcast RAW and Smackdown from Mexico

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
WWE® to Broadcast Raw® and SmackDown® from Mexico

LONDON--(BUSINESS WIRE)--WWE (NYSE:WWE) today announced that for the first time ever its weekly flagship TV shows “WWE Raw†and “WWE SmackDown†will take place in Mexico at the Palacio de los Deportes Arena in Mexico City on Saturday, October 15 and Sunday, October 16 respectively.

“We look forward to bringing the entertainment that only WWE can provide to our fans in Mexico.â€

In the U.S. and Mexico, “WWE Raw†will then air on Monday, October 17 and “WWE SmackDown†will air on Friday, October 21. Outside of the U.S., the televised events will be seen in more than 145 countries. These broadcasts will make Mexico one of only four countries outside of the U.S. and Canada to have ever hosted Raw and SmackDown televised live events. Others include the UK, Japan and Italy.

“Bringing our weekly flagship TV programs to Mexico, one of WWE’s most important international markets, demonstrates the company’s ongoing commitment to its worldwide audience and long term programming partners,†said Andrew Whitaker, Executive Vice President, International, WWE. “We look forward to bringing the entertainment that only WWE can provide to our fans in Mexico.â€

Tickets for both live events at the Palacio de los Deportes Arena will go on sale this summer.

This was bound to happen, it is the next big market after UK and I am surprised they haven't taped there before. They have three big mexican stars on the roster plus Chavo so they have wrestlers that will appeal to the locals. The ratings in Mexico have been huge for RAW and Smackdown especially since Sin Cara and Del Rio were added to the shows.

This will be a huge money spinner for them.

Hopefully Australia is the next country on the list for them to tape RAW and Smackdown.

Lucky

Reaction score
Great news for WWE as it's going after yet another market. Should be big with Del Rio and Sin Cara as you noted. Will Mysterio still be with the company though? That's a question that has to be asked.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
It's in October, he signed a new contract last year I believe, and seeing as WWE contracts are roughly around three years, Rey isn't going anywhere for awhile.

Lucky

Reaction score
You must not be reading how many times he's reportedly asked for his release then. That's why I bring that up.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
He could keep asking for his release until he is blue in the face, no chance of WWE letting him go. They would tie his asshole up in court like they did Brock Lesnar.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
When they are down there filming I expect them to do some more tryouts as well to sign another one or two big names from Mexico. I am sure that there are plenty more that could add a lot to WWE.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Would signing more luchadores water down the crop they have now? WCW signed almost every major AAA, CMLL, EMLL star out there and kind of watered down the mistique of the Luchadore.

Having a select few to market would ensure that you have a top star and not a bunch of luchadores stuck in limbo like in WCW or when TNA tried to sign up stars from AAA.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I can see them looking for at least one more as they seem to want to increase the amount of international talent they have. Mysterio wouldn't have that long left and even if he sticks around for another couple of years two luchadores on each brand isn't overkill. They could easily book a couple of guys in a tag team if they didn't want four of them as singles wrestlers at one time. I agree that having more than half a dozen would be overkill but four wouldn't be too many especially when you never know when someone will get injured.