WWE: The Road to Immortality

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

BattleTank

What A Maneuver!
Reaction score
OcTEx1I.png

WWE PRESENTS: BACKLASH
APRIL 30, 2006
Rupp Arena- Lexington, KY

giphy.gif

We are in a dimly lit room…We hear footsteps…the camera inches closer and closer until we can make out Triple H’s boots and the hammer end of his sledgehammer…

Backlash: A strong or adverse reaction…

“Master of Shadows” by Two Steps From Hell
begins to play as the camera pans up to Triple H, who wields his sledgehammer through the lens, busting the camera into a million pieces. The pieces then animate themselves back together as various clips begin to play…

“I AM THE KING OF KINGS!”

John Cena locks in the STFU on Triple H…

“I will NOT back down!”

Edge spears Mick Foley through a flaming table…

“I want MY briefcase BACK!”

RVD scales the ladder and snatches the Money in the Bank briefcase…

“Mr. Money in the Bank…ROB…VAN…DAM!”

Vince and Shane take out Shawn Michaels with steel chairs…

“You’re gonna wish that GOD was your tag team partner!”

Shawn Michaels skies through the air with an elbow drop on a trash can-covered Vince…

“There’s a reason they call me…THE SHOW STOPPAAA!”

Shelton Benjamin pins Ric Flair to win the Intercontinental Championship…

“There really ain’t no stoppin’ me NOW!”

Carlito spits an apple in Kane’s face…

“Kane and Big Show…now they…are not COOL!”

Mickie James pins Trish Stratus…

“You can look but you can’t touch, Trish!”

Umaga destroys everybody…

“SAMOAAAA!”

Various clips of each matchup for Backlash stream across as “Master of Shadows” picks up a few octaves towards the end of the song…

“There’s carnage everywhere, KING!”

The camera pans back to Triple H in the dimly lit room as he picks back up his sledgehammer…

“LONG LIVE THE KING!”

The screen fades to black…

9g2a21D.png

giphy.gif

Fireworks blast throughout the SOLD OUT Rupp Arena as “Master of Shadows” blasts in the background…

“WE ARE LIVE! WE ARE SOLD OUT!”

Jim Ross’ famous voice greets us as we pan down to the announcer’s desk where he and Jerry Lawler are waiting for us…

“Welcome everybody to BACKLASH! I’m Jim Ross alongside my colleague Jerry “The King” Lawler. And King, what a night we have in store here at Backlash!”

“We have a huge night. But I’ve got some questions, JR. What kind of shape is John Cena in? And how exactly will Shawn Michaels walk out of here on his own two feet? Trish and Mickie in Round 2! AHH I can’t wait!”

“All of those burning questions plus much, much more will be answered here at Backlash!”

dMxE6jc.png

“WOOO!”

Ric Flair’s famous tune begins to blast as the hot crowd is on their feet! “The Nature Boy” struts out wearing a black and blue robe, looking as dapper as ever! Flair “woo’s” the crowd as he enjoys a nice welcome out here first at Backlash!

“AIN’T NO STOPPIN’ ME”

The reigning Intercontinental Champion Shelton Benjamin pops through the curtain. Shelton, now flashy since he ditched his Mama, has on a pair of sunglasses and a stylish shirt as he holds his coveted Intercontinental Championship over his shoulder. Shelton hops into the ring and poses on the top turnbuckle, IC title high above his head.

Shelton hops down and looks over at Ric Flair, who is still showing respect for the future World Champion Shelton Benjamin by nodding his head in approval…

aIDZYIB.png

Intercontinental Championship
©Shelton Benjamin vs. “The Nature Boy” Ric Flair

The bell rings and we are under way for our opening contest at BACKLASH! Flair and Shelton circle each other before Flair reaches out his hand, still showing respect for the man that beat him for the IC title back in February…

Shelton thinks twice about the handshake but eventually obliges…

FLAIR SLAPS SHELTON BENJAMIN ACROSS THE FACE!!

Shelton stumbles back as Flair struts and “woo’s” to the crowd’s delight. Shelton charges at Flair and catches him with a knee to the sternum. Shelton winds up and slaps Flair across the face, returning the favor from just moments earlier!

Shelton applies a headlock. Flair tries bouncing Shelton off the ropes but the reigning IC Champion is too strong and won’t budge, taking Flair down to the mat. Shelton goes to one knee as Flair throws a few punches and elbows to the ribs. Flair slips out of the headlock and applies a hammer lock. Shelton slides underneath it and delivers a forearm smash to the back of Ric Flair!

“Ric Flair has never been known to be dealing with a healthy back, but after the trauma he took to the back at Wrestlemania 22, every little blow feels like an ice pick digging into his back!” JR plays up Flair’s injured back history…

Shelton gets Flair down to one knee before he flies off the ropes, dropkicking Flair right in the back!

Flair screams in pain as Shelton zones in. Shelton lifts Flair up and connects with a scoop slam. Shelton with the first pinfall attempt of the night…

1…2..NO!”

Flair kicks out. Shelton works over Flair’s back some more as he drives his knee right into the center, while stretching Flair’s arms back against his body. Flair screams in pain but is close enough to the ropes that he is able to get a foot on the bottom rope, and Shelton eventually breaks the hold.

Flair holds his back in pain as he uses the ropes for leverage to get to his feet. Shelton charges at him but Flair sees it coming at the last second and ducks while pulling the rope down with him, sending Shelton flying over the ropes and to the floor!

But Shelton Benjamin uses his God-given, freakish athleticism and somehow lands on his feet on the outside floor! Shelton grabs a hold of Flair’s legs and drops him to the mat from the outside. Benjamin hops up onto the apron and then slingshots himself over the ropes…

SLINGSHOT LEG DROP ACROSS THE BACK OF RIC FLAIR!!

Shelton with the cover!

1…2…NO!!

Flair kicks out again, but his back is now worse for wear. Shelton lifts Flair to his feet but “the dirtiest player in the game” is waiting with a THUMB TO THE EYE! Flair backs Shelton into the corner, spreads his arms across the ropes…

KIFE EDGE CHOP!

The crowd “WOO’s” along as Flair winds back and delivers another! And then another!

Flair then lifts Shelton up and connects with a vertical suplex!

Flair begins working over Shelton’s legs, softening them up for the dreaded Figure Four Leg Lock! Flair stomps on them, twists them, and them stomps again! Flair off the ropes comes back with a running jumping knee drop right to the left leg of Shelton Benjamin!

Flair grabs a hold of Shelton’s legs and gets ready for the FIGURE FOURbut Shelton uses his ridiculous leg strength and spins Flair right out of his grasp and to the mat! Shelton measures up Flair and goes for a Bicycle Kick but Flair ducks, grabs a hold of Shelton’s legs once more…

FIGURE FOUR LEG LOCK!!!

Shelton writhes in pain as Flair has his patented finisher locked in, dead smack in the middle of the ring! Shelton tries to grab at Flair’s face but Flair ducks his head back and lets out a loud “WOOO!”

Shelton begins to dig deep as he slowly is able to turn Flair over…but instead of taking the pain of his own signature move, Flair decides to break the hold instead. Flair is back up to his feet quickly as he wraps his arms around Shelton. Flair goes for a Back Suplex but Shelton hops out of it, landing on his feet. Flair quickly turns around…

AND RUNS RIGHT INTO A SUPERKICK FROM SHELTON!!

Shelton with the cover!!!

1….2….NOOO!!

Flair kicks out at the last possible second! Shelton hops back to his feet…

BUT RIC FLAIR SCHOOLBOYS HIM….

FLAIR HAS A HANDFUL OF TIGHTS….

1…2….NOOO!!

Shelton springs out of the Schoolboy rollup attempt…

T-BONE SUPLEX!!!

Shelton pulled that one from out of nowhere!!! Shelton hooks the leg one more time…

1…2….3!!!

Winner at 12:34 AND STILL INTERCONTINENTAL CHAMPION- Shelton Benjamin

Shelton’s must blasts as the referee hands him his IC title! Shelton gets to his feet, limping and staggering, as he buries his head in the turnbuckle, catching his breath.

“Shelton Benjamin was on his A-Game here tonight, King!” JR shouts…

“Ric Flair tried pulling out some of his infamous dirty tricks, but Shelton Benjamin was able to counter everything!” Lawler responds…

Shelton poses with his IC title in the middle of the ring until Ric Flair grabs him by the shoulder, turning him around. The two share a brief staredown before Flair extends his hand once more. Shelton looks around, but by now, he knows he’s earned the respect of “The Nature Boy”…and shakes Ric Flair’s hand!

The crowd cheers at the gesture as Flair holds Benjamin’s arm high in the air…

“Shelton Benjamin has just gained the respect of one of the best to ever do it. This kid is going places!” JR says as Shelton poses one last time on the turnbuckle, IC title proudly high above his head…

dMxE6jc.png

We cut to the back where Vince and Shane McMahon are in their dressing room, getting ready for their big matchup with Shawn Michaels later on tonight. Vince is oiling up his arms while Shane moves around, punching at the air.

“Yo, Dad. You think all that praying stuff Michaels does actually works?”

Vince looks over at Shane and snarks.

“I don’t know, Son. I’ve never prayed a day in my life. Here, lets get down to our knees, and start praying. Let’s see what happens…”

Vince and Shane get down on their knees and look up at the ceiling…

“Dear Lord…”

There is a knock on their door.

“Come in…” Vince says, with a smug grin on his face…

Candace Michelle and Maria walk in as Vince’s eyes light up. The two Divas each grab a hold of Vince’s arms as he proudly looks over at Shane…

“See that, Shane. Maybe praying does work after all. My prayer’s have just been answered!”

|||----|||----|||----|||

We cut to Carlito and Torrie Wilson (with Fifi) walking backstage. The two are now presumed a couple, although Carlito’s tag team partner Chris Masters does not approve. As Carlito snacks on an apple, Chris Masters catches up.

“Hey Chris! Carlito said it’s fine if I come down to the ring with you two for your match!” An excited Torrie Wilson says to Masters. Masters has the look of disgust after hearing her words as he shakes his protein shake bottle.

“Carlito, c’mon man. Keep your eye on the prize! We know Kane and Big Show are about to be at odds. We don’t need any distractions!”

Carlito scoffs at Masters inferring to his girlfriend Torrie Wilson as a distraction.

“Chris, she’s no distraction. She’s motivation!”

Carlito stares at Torrie’s body, up and down, which gets a pop from the crowd. Masters shakes his head as he has one last thing to say.

“I think it’s best if we have separate entrances tonight. Torrie will ruin my poses.”

Carlito brings Torrie in close as he consoles her while she frowns at Masters not wanting her in his entrance.

“Fine, whatever you want. Just be ready to win, and just remember when we go out there…to be…cool!” Carlito says as he grabs Torrie’s hand as the two walk away. Masters looks on while drinking his protein shake, still shaking his head, worried that his tag team partner’s head is not in the right place tonight…

|||----|||----|||----|||

“Well, King. It doesn’t get any more dysfunctional than this. Two tag teams with serious problems!”
JR says as we cut back down to ringside.

“Kane and The Big Show have been a powder keg since they won the titles. Carlito and Chris Masters are ready to blow at any second. The silver lining in this entire thing, you know what it is JR?” Lawler begins to smile…

“Torrie Wilson!”

JR rolls his eyes as a graphic pops up on our screen, getting us ready for our next match- The RAW Tag team Championship!

dMxE6jc.png

“MASTERPIECE”

Chris Masters’ music begins to blast as the crowd noticeably boos the bodybuilder! Masters does his posing routine on stage, and as he is about to get to the crescendo of his performance, his music stops…

“I SPIT IN THE FACE…OF PEOPLE WHO DON’T WANT TO BE COOL…”

The crowd lets out a big reaction for Carlito as he pops through the curtain, holding hands with Torrie Wilson. The two soak in the cheers from the crowd. Carlito pats the angry Chris Masters on the shoulder as he and Torrie walk right past Masters to the ring. Masters throws his arms up and follows behind.

“BIG & SLOW CHEMICAL”

The mashup of both Big Show and Kane’s theme song hits as fire pounds from the entrance way! The reigning Tag Team Champions, who have been quiet other than a few squabbles leading up to Backlash emerge from the curtain. The two massive men seem to be on the same page tonight as they head down to the ring with a purpose…

wa7xAWr.png

RAW Tag Team Championship
©Kane & The Big Show vs. Chris Masters & Carlito w/Torrie Wilson

The bell rings as Kane and Carlito start things off. The two lock up. Carlito immediately ducks underneath and goes to wrap his arms around Kane’s waist but Kane is waiting with a back elbow. Kane muscles Carlito over towards the corner of the ring as he begins to choke him. The referee orders Kane to break the hold. As Kane lifts his hands up, Carlito with a kick to the sternum. Carlito races off the ropes and ducks a clothesline. He bounces back off the ropes and slides in between Kane’s legs. Kane turns around and runs right into a DROPKICK from Carlito!

Carlito isn’t done as he bounces back off the ropes and connects with a step-up enzeguri! Kane is down to one knee as Carlito continues his fiery start by connecting with a running knee to the head of Kane! Carlito pops up and looks out at the crowd…

The crowd cheers for Carlito as he looks down at Torrie Wilson for her approval. As he does, Chris Masters tags himself in by smacking Carlito across the back!

Masters hops into the ring after a self-tag and pounds away on Kane’s back. Kane fights back and tosses Masters in the corner. Kane runs full speed ahead and connects with a big splash in the corner! Kane walks over towards Big Show and makes the tag.

Big Show pounds away on Masters before lifting him to his feet. Big Show rears his head back…and connects with a HEADBUTT!

Masters hits the ground hard as Big Show tags Kane back in. Big Show holds Masters’ arms behind him as Kane delivers some vicious body blows!

“Kane and The Big Show are showing their veteran prowess. Cutting the ring in half so Chris Masters is left fending for himself, and all Carlito can do is look on!” JR points out…

Kane lifts Masters up and hits a scoop slam. Kane with the cover…

1…2…NO!

Masters kicks out. Kane lifts Masters back to his feet and goes to bounce him off the ropes but Masters reverses the whip. Kane comes back off the ropes and Masters connects with a LARIAT!

Instead of covering Kane, Masters uses his downtime to flex for the crowd! Carlito shouts at him to pin Kane, but Masters brushes him off. Masters turns back around…

AND EATS A BIG BOOT FROM KANE!!!

Kane crawls over to Big Show for the HOT TAG!

Big Show goes on the offensive with rights and lefts! Masters is dazed as Big Show zones in, reaching his hand back for his dreaded Chokeslam…Big Show wraps his hand around Masters but just as he does, Torrie Wilson hops onto the apron to distract the referee…

Carlito with a CHOPBLOCK to Big Show! Big Show lets his grip of Masters’ throat go as he drops to one knee. Kane hops into the ring to get in on the fun and goes for a big boot to Carlito but at the last second Masters tackles Carlito out of the way…

But Kane barely holds up just before he delivers a Big Boot to his tag team partner. In fact, his size 18 boot grazes Big Show’s chin, something Big Show doesn’t seem too happy about. However, the two monsters stay on the same page for the time being…

Big Show and Kane nod to each other as they both begin to attack Masters and Carlito. Eventually, the referee is able to restore order. Big Show tags in Kane as Kane is ready to finish Masters off!

Kane goes for a chokeslam on Masters but Masters is ready for it this time and grabs Kane’s arms, then reaches behind Kane’s head…

MASTERLOCK!!!

Masters has it locked in tight! Kane’s arms begin to flail around as he tries his best to escape! Kane slowly begins to use his monster strength to back out of the move. Kane finally is able to break out of the hold. He lifts Masters up and connects with a desperation SIDEWALK SLAM!!!

Both Kane and Masters are down. Each man slowly begins their crawl to their respective corner. Carlito has the crowd at his back, reaching his arm out. On the other side of the ring, Kane reaches out to tag Big Show…

WHEN BIG SHOW HOPS DOWN OFF OF THE APRON?!?!?!?

Kane, with a perplexed look on his face, shouts out at Big Show. Big Show looks out at Kane and shoes him away with his arms…

“I don’t need this shit anymore!”

Big Show says as the audio is picked up from the camera. Big Show slowly walks up the ramp, watching the action!

Carlito gets the hot tag as he begins to direct traffic. He lifts Kane up and connects with a vertical suplex!!

Carlito motions for Masters to hop into the ring. Masters obliges as he lifts Kane up. Carlito bounces off the ropes…

CHOKESLAM/LUNGBUSTER COMBO!!!!

Carlito tosses Masters out of the way and covers Kane…

1…2…3!!!!

Winners at 10:31 AND NEW RAW TAG TEAM CHAMPIONS- Carlito & Chris Masters

They’ve done it! Carlito and Chris Masters are your NEW RAW Tag Team Champions!

Carlito quickly grabs both titles from the referee, handing one over to Torrie who is now in the ring celebrating. Masters looks over at the two and shakes his head.

Masters forcefully grabs the title from Carlito and holds it high in the air as the crowd boos! Carlito takes the title from Torrie and holds it high in the air as the crowd cheers!

“Carlito and Chris Masters may still have some problems to work out, but for now they are your new Tag Team Champions!” JR says as the two head up the ramp.

“I can’t believe The Big Show just walked out on Kane like that, JR! I’ve had a few women walk out on me so I know the feeling, and Kane is probably hurting right now!” Lawler adds in…

“Well, for one thing, we can be sure that Vince McMahon had something to do with The Big Show ditching Kane and the Tag titles. I’ll bet my bottom dollar on it!” JR follows up, sensing there is more to this story…

For now, Carlito and Chris Masters have finally ended the near six month title reign of Kane and The Big Show!

dMxE6jc.png

It’s time for a promo hyping up our next Pay-Per-View! Judgement Day! LIVE! May 21, 2006 showcasing the best SMACKDOWN has to offer!

|||----|||----|||----|||

We pick up in the back where Edge and Lita are walking down the hallway. Loud boos echo through the arena at the sight of Edge. He stares intently ahead, ready to wage war on RVD later on tonight in hopes of winning RVD’s Money in the Bank briefcase from him!

|||----|||----|||----|||

Jonathan Coachman is standing by with Women’s Champion Mickie James. The Coach asks Mickie what her strategy for beating Trish Stratus in just a few short moments will be…

“Hey Trish! That little shower stunt you pulled on me? Nice try! I know your tactics now, and I know just the buttons…to push….to take you down!”

Mickie begins to walk away until quickly pulling the mic from Coach’s hands…

“Oh, and I almost forgot. Trish, I have a little surprise in store for you tonight…I hope you love it!”

The deranged Mickie James walks off the set as we head back down to ringside…

“Up next, Mickie James defends her Women’s title against Trish Stratus! And King, we all know this one is personal!” JR shouts…

“JR, you know I love surprises! What do you think Mickie has in store for Trish?” Lawler is at the edge of his seat for this one…

“Whatever it is, it certainly isn’t whatever you’re imagining right now, King!” JR follows up…

dMxE6jc.png

“OHH, IT’S TIME TO ROCK AND ROLL!”

Trish Stratus’ music hits as the crowd is on their feet for the icon Diva. Trish plays into the crowd as she heads down to the ring. She poses on the top turnbuckle before looking up at the stage, intent on ending Mickie James tonight and taking back her Women’s title…

“OBSESSION”

Mickie James’ music hits as she pops through the curtain. She holds the Women’s title high above her head as she looks down into the ring at Trish and laughs. Mickie runs down the ramp and slides into the ring, giving a seductive look over towards Trish. She waves to Trish before climbing to the top turnbuckle, posing with the title…

wr1MsPh.png

Women’s Championship
©Mickie James vs. Trish Stratus

Just as the opening bell rings…

TRISH JUMPS ON TOP OF MICKIE JAMES AND BEGINS POUNDING AT HER FACE…GRABBING HER HAIR…MICKIE ROLLS ON TOP OF TRISH AND DOES THE SAME…

IT’S A FULL ON CAT FIGHT!!!

“Ahh! Look at this! This is what heaven looks like, JR!”
Lawler cannot control himself…

Mickie grabs a hold of Trish’s top and tries her hardest to rip it off, but Trish is able to kick Mickie off of her!

The camera pans into Trish who has a busted lip. She wipes the blood from her mouth as she glares over at Mickie.

The camera pans into Mickie who is also sporting blood, running from her nose. Mickie tastes the blood and lets out an evil laugh as she charges at Trish…

Drop toe hold from Trish slams Mickie’s face right into the mat! Trish goes on the offensive as she slams Mickie’s head repeatedly into the mat. One would think this would fade Mickie, but instead, the twisted woman laughs louder each time her head slams into the mat!

Trish backs off and winds up for a kick but Mickie blocks it, spins her around, kicks her in the gut…

IMPLANT DDT TO TRISH!!

Mickie with the cover…

1…2…NO!

It’s going to take more than that to put Trish away! Mickie lifts Trish to her feet but Trish responds with elbows to the sternum. Trish grabs Mickie by the hair and tosses her into the corner. Trish licks her hand and then winds back…

AND DELIVERS A WICKED KNIFE EDGE CHOP!!

Mickie falls to the mat, clutching her chest as Trish zeroes in on not only Mickie, but a chance to win back the Women’s title! Trish grabs Mickie by the hair and repeatedly kicks her in the head!

Trish signals for the end as she grabs a hold of Mickie’s head, leaping up for Stratusfaction…

BUT MICKIE TOSSES HER ASIDE, AND TRISH GOES FLYING TO THE FLOOR!!

Trish holds her back in pain as she looks up…

AND MICKIE DIVES THROUGH THE MIDDLE ROPE RIGHT ONTO TRISH!!!

Mickie lifts Trish to her feet, staring into her eyes. She thinks about kissing Trish, but instead slams her head into the ring apron! Mickie slides Trish back inside the ring as she ascends to the top turnbuckle. Mickie gains her balance, leaps off…

AND GOES FOR A TOP ROPE LEG DROP…

BUT TRISH MOVES OUT OF THE WAY!!

Trish is back to her feet, sizing up Mickie….

CHICK KICK!!!

Trish connects! Trish goes to cover Mickie but just before she does, A BLONDE MUSCULAR WOMAN hops into the ring and grabs Trish like a rag doll…

PENDULUM BACKBREAKER!!!

The referee immediately calls for the bell…

Winner at 7:21 by DQ- Trish Stratus

Trish has won, but by DQ which means Mickie James retains her Women’s title!

But the bigger story is this muscular blonde woman who continues her vicious assault on Trish! She lifts Trish over her head and connects with a Fireman’s Carry Michinoku Driver!!

The crowd is in awe of this woman as she looks over at Mickie. Mickie, clutching her Women’s title, jumps into her arms!

“I don’t know what we’ve just seen here. This woman came through the crowd and absolutely destroyed Trish Stratus!” JR shouts…

“I guess this was Mickie’s surprise! And what a surprise it was! I love blondes!” Lawler follows up…

Mickie jumps on the muscular blonde woman’s back as she carries Mickie up the entrance ramp. Back at ringside, a team of medics are in the ring treating Trish Stratus. Trish is able to walk off on her own two feet, with a look of vengeance on her face! She shouts and points up at Mickie on the back of her new friend, this “surprise” she spoke about. Mickie looks back down at Trish and blows her a kiss!

dMxE6jc.png

Back in the McMahon dressing room, Vince, Shane, Candace and Maria are down on their knees, praying.

“C’mon Dad, let’s hurry this up, get in your amen’s, our match is next…”

Shane says as Vince looks over at him…

“And dear Lord, please keep these two voluptuous woman waiting right here for me after I tear your favorite son from LIMB to LIMB, sending him to the DEPTHS OF HELL for all eternity…”

Vince takes a peek at Candace’s curves…

“A-by God-men…”

Vince and Shane are about to head out before Vince’s phone rings. He picks up, shifting his tone from playful to important as he hears whoever is on the other end…

“Okay…”

“Good…”

“Good…”

“PERFECT! GOD DAMNIT I’M GOOD!”

Vince hangs up and begins to smile…

“Who was that?”

Shane wonders…

“Somebody who has our best interests in mind for tonight…”

Vince and Shane head out of the dressing room, ready for their big encounter with Shawn Michaels, NEXT!

|||----|||----|||----|||

We cut to a quick scene of TRIPLE H taping up his wrists. Triple H gets an unexpected loud cheer reaction from the crowd. He continues taping up, getting ready for his big WWE Championship match against John Cena later tonight…

|||----|||----|||----|||

The Coach is standing by with “The Heartbreak Kid” Shawn Michaels! The crowd lets out a loud pop at the sight of HBK. Coach asks Shawn how he feels heading into his match, knowing the odds are stacked against him…

“Listen here, Coach. I’ve been in worse situations leading up to a big match before, to say the least. See, I have nothing left to prove to Vince, Shane, or any other stooge that wants to get involved. My confidence has never been higher than it is right now.”

Coach asks Shawn if he has any type of strategy for the numbers game…

“Y’know, Vince was onto something when he said I should wish God was my tag team partner tonight. Because, the funny thing is, is that God is always by my side. He’s always in my corner. And tonight won’t be any different. I’ve done a lot of praying and reflecting before this match, and I can say confidently that I am ready for whatever God has in store for me tonight!”

Shawn heads off the set as we send it back down to ringside…

A graphic pops up showcasing our next matchup, the big Handicap Match pitting Shawn Michaels all alone against Vince and Shane McMahon!

“This one will not be for the faint at heart, folks. The Heartbreak Kid continues his grueling war with the chairman and his son.” JR hypes the match…

“Shawn Michaels better have God and all 12 apostles if he is gonna walk out of here on his own two feet. Vince McMahon is hell-bent on ending Michaels’ career once and for all. And with The Spirit Squad lurking, the numbers game just might be too much for HBK to overcome two months in a row!” Lawler follows up…

dMxE6jc.png

“SEXY BOY!”

Shawn Michaels’ music blasts as he is given the loudest ovation of the night! Shawn gets down to his knees, says a quick prayer and looks up to the Heavens as fireworks shoot out behind him. Shawn has an extra pep in his step tonight as he heads into the ring, does his signature flexing pose as fireworks go off behind him!

“NO CHANCE!”

Vince and Shane McMahon are out next, to the loudest boos of the night! Vince, decked out in his black sleeveless shirt does his classic strut down to the ring as Shane, sporting a Backlash baseball jersey follows suit. The two stop at the bottom of the aisle way to pose and look around, soaking in the boos. Vince flexes his muscles for the world to see…

HBK FLIES OVER THE ROPES…THROUGH THE AIR…ONTO BOTH MEN!!!

The bell rings, and that’s basically all the referee is good for minus counting the pinfall!

sd7dM6x.png

2-On-1 Handicap Match
Shawn Michaels vs. Vince & Shane McMahon

HBK continues his early assault as he pounds away on the fallen chairman’s head! Shane jumps on HBK’s back but HBK is ready and runs backwards, slamming Shane McMahon right into the ring post!

The crowd is at fever pitch for Shawn Michaels in the early going! Shawn looks underneath the ring, pulling our various weapons. A table, chair, cookie sheet, trash can and kendo stick are HBK’s weapons of choice.

Shawn lifts the chair high above his head…

AND SLAMS IT DOWN ON SHANE’S BACK!!

Vince tries to grab the chair from HBK but he kicks the chairman in the gut, winds back…

VICIOUS CHAIR SHOT RIGHT TO THE HEAD OF VINCE MCMAHON!!

The chair bends the opposite way as Vince folds like a cheap suit. Vince is busted open as HBK picks up the cookie sheet. He goes to hit Vince over the head with it but Shane grabs it out of Shawn’s hands. Shane goes to hit HBK with the cookie sheet but HBK ducks…

SWEET CHIN MUSIC TO THE COOKIE SHEET RIGHT INTO SHANE MCMAHON’S FACE!!!

“Shawn Michaels is on fire right now! He has a lot of pent up anger, and is proving a point that he isn’t going anywhere!”
JR shouts…

The action continues on the outside, as this match has yet to make it inside the ring! Shawn grabs a hold of Shane and tosses him hard into the barricade. Before HBK can turn around…

VINCE DRILLS HIM OVER THE BACK WITH A KENDO STICK!!

Shawn crumbles to the ground as Vince’s onslaught continues…

CONTINUOUSLY CRACKING HBK OVER THE BACK WITH THE KENDO STICK UNTIL IT FALLS APART!!

Vince holds the broken kendo stick high in the air as he steps on the fallen Michaels. Vince grabs Michaels by his hair…

VINCE BEGINS TO DIG THE BROKEN KENDO STICK INTO HBK’S FOREHEAD!!!

HBK is now busted open as Vince tosses him back to the ground. Shane is back on his feet as he and Vince begin stomping down on Shawn Michaels!

“This is where the numbers game will start to play an advantage for the McMahons! HBK is all alone!” JR says as the camera pans into Michaels, wearing a crimson mask…

Vince holds the wobbly Michaels up as Shane begins getting his boxing punches in, complete with all the footwork and animation as Mike Tyson! Shane rears back for one knockout punch…

BUT HBK DUCKS…AND SHANE DRILLS VINCE IN THE SIDE OF THE HEAD!!

Shane turns around…

AND EATS ANOTHER SWEET CHIN MUSIC FROM HBK!!!

Michaels is starting to feel the effects of the kendo stick beating as his back begins to welt up. Michaels holds his back while he drags the fallen Vince. He grabs him by the head and smashes him into the announcer’s table. Michaels then begins to clean house, wiping the table clear from all monitors and water bottles. He places Vince on top of the table as he begins to contemplate his next move.

Shawn Michaels begins to climb to the top turnbuckle. As he ascends, boos reign down from the crowd.

THE SPIRIT SQUAD IS HERE!!

All five men sprint down to save their boss! Kenny pushes Vince off the table as Nicky cracks HBK across the back with a steel chair, and HBK ends up crotching himself on the top turnbuckle! Johnny, Mitch and Mikey keep HBK held up on the top turnbuckle as they lift him back up. Nicky and Kenny hold on for assistance as ALL FIVE MEMBERS have their hands on HBK, who is stuck on the top turnbuckle.

The Spirit Squad counts in unison as if they are at a cheering competition…

AND LAUNCH HBK OFF THE TOP ROPE…

HBK COMES CRASHING DOWN THROUGH THE ANNOUNCER’S TABLE!!!

The move gets a faint “holy shit!” from the crowd, but they didn’t want to see their favorite get launched from the top rope through the announcer’s table! Vince and Shane are now in total control as a heap of rubble buries HBK underneath the broken table.

Vince pushes the table rubble out of the way and grabs HBK, punching him in the head for good measure. Vince slides HBK into the ring as he taunts the crowd.

The match FINALLY makes it into the ring as Vince tosses HBK into the corner, following up with a clothesline that sends HBK to the mat in a seated position.

Shane tosses the trash can inside the ring as the crowd knows what’s coming next. Shane places the trash can across HBK’s body as Vince holds it down for good measure. Shane takes his time, showboating as he climbs to the opposite side of the ring. Shane looks out…

HBK ELBOWS VINCE IN THE HEAD, HITS HIM WITH THE TRASH CAN, HOPS UP…

ALL WHILE SHANE MCMAHON IS IN MID-AIR…

SHANE IS MID-FLIGHT…

WHEN HE EATS ANOTHER SWEET CHIN MUSIC FROM HBK!!!!

The crowd pops at the INSANE spot as everybody is down in the ring! The Spirt Squad quickly circle the ring, preying on the fallen HBK…

HBK kicks up…

SCM TO NICKY!

SCM TO MIKEY!!

SCM TO KENNY!!!

SCM TO MITCH!!!!

SCM TO JOHNNY!!!!!

ALL FIVE SPIRIT SQUAD MEMBERS EAT A SWEET CHIN MUSIC!!!

“SHAWN MICHAELS IS ON FIRE!!! This man has the heart of a lion! Everybody is getting a taste of Shawn Michaels’ boot tonight!”
JR shouts as the crowd is at fever pitch!

Vince is back on his feet, lurking behind HBK with a steel chair in hand…

AT THE LAST SECOND HBK SEES VINCE, AND DRILLS THE CHAIR WITH A SWEET CHIN MUSIC RIGHT INTO VINCE’S FACE!!!

HBK, now completely exhausted, drops to one knee and throws himself on top of Shane McMahon…

1…2………..

WHAT THE HELL?!?!?!?

THE BIG SHOW
emerges from somewhere in the crowd or under the ring, nobody knows since we didn’t see the camera shot…and grabs HBK by his leg, pulling him underneath the bottom rope!

The force of Big Show pulling HBK causes Shawn to land face first on a steel chair on the outside floor!

Vince and Shane, both worse for wear, look out at the monster who stands over the fallen and badly hurt Shawn Michaels, begin to laugh. The crowd is HOT on Big Show, with some fans even tossing garbage at the 7 foot monster.

The Big Show isn’t done quite yet as he his massive paw around HBK’s throat…

CHOKESLAM ONTO THE CHAIR!!!

HBK is now motionless! Big Show tosses his lifeless body back into the ring. By now, Vince and Shane have garnered up enough strength to make it back to their feet. Big Show climbs into the ring as he holds one side of HBK while Shane holds the other…

VINCE BEGINS TUNING UP THE BAND!!

The crowd HATES this as Vince moves forward…

VINCE WITH HIS OWN SWEET CHIN MUSIC TO SHAWN MICHAELS!!!

Vince falls on top of HBK…

1…2…3!!!

Winners at 21:45- Vince & Shane McMahon

“NO CHANCE”
blasts as Big Show assists both Vince and Shane to their feet!

“Bah Gawd, The Big Show has shown his true colors here at Backlash! First, he turns on Kane, and now he latches on to the machine known as The McMahon Family! Shawn Michaels had this match won on two separate occasions, and it took basically everyone minus the National Guard to put him away!” JR is hot about Big Show joining up with The McMahons!

Vince, Shane and The Big Show begin to slowly walk back up the entrance ramp as a team of medics come down to check on HBK. HBK tries to stand on his own, but collapses back to the mat. The medics immediately place him on a gurney and begin to wheel him down the side of the entrance ramp on a stretcher!

“You hate to see this, King! HBK put out the performance of a lifetime but the numbers game was just too much for him to overcome. We hope and pray that this is not the last time we’ve seen the Heartbreak Kid!” JR says in a low, serious tone.

“Yeah, things aren’t looking too good for Shawn Michaels right now. He was moving all of his extremities, and I really just think he become too exhausted to stand up.” Lawler follows up, bringing everybody to a sigh of relief that HBK is just over-exhausted and nothing more serious…

dMxE6jc.png

After that carnage, everybody needs a break as we head to our unofficial intermission.

Our first video is highlighting the WWE DRAFT! The WWE DRAFT! COMING SOON!

Following the announcement of the WWE Draft returning, we head for an outside shot of the Rupp Arena and a few other shots of the beautiful Kentucky campus…

After the outside shot, another promo is shown- this time for ECW: ONE NIGHT STAND! LIVE! June 11! Back for a second year at the HAMMERSTEIN BALLROOM in NEW YORK CITY! Tickets on sale TONIGHT AFTER BACKLASH!!

We head back to The Coach who is standing by with “Mr. Money in the Bank” Rob Van Dam
! Coach asks RVD how much pressure is he feeling about putting his newly won MITB on the line just 28 days after winning it…

“To be honest, Coach, I don’t put much thought into those things. When you’re Mr. PPV…The Whole F’N Show…ROB…VAN…DAM! I’m expected to go out there and just do what I do. Now, I know Edge has Lita by his side doing his dirty work and I’m sure she will be getting involved, so I decided to even up the odds…”

RVD motions off-camera, waving for somebody to come into the picture…

IT’S MICK FOLEY!!!

Mick Foley smiles and waves to the camera as he places his arm on RVD’ shoulder…

“Edge…Lita…we know what you’re both capable of. Which is why I’ll be accompanying Mr. Money in the Bank here to the ring tonight. I’ll make sure neither of you will be able to pull a fast one. I’ll be ready to strike at a moment’s notice…me and….”

The camera pans down to BARBIE- Mick Foley’s barbed-wire baseball bat…

“BARBIE! BANG BANG!”

The dynamic duo of RVD and Mick Foley walk off the set as we head back down to ringside…

dMxE6jc.png

“Well, up next is one of the more anticipated matches of the evening. Rob Van Dam puts his Money in the Bank briefcase on the line against The Rated-R Superstar, Edge!” JR hypes the big matchup…

“ONE OF A KIND!”

RVD’s music blasts as he gets a HUGE ovation from the crowd! RVD is out alongside his special guest manager for the evening, Mick Foley! RVD holds up his now custom Money in the Bank briefcase, decked out with an RVD logo right in the middle. RVD and Mick head down to the ring as RVD poses with his briefcase on the top turnbuckle for the world to see…

“METALINGUS”

Edge and Lita are out next, to a very LOUD ringing of boos. Edge holds Lita’s hand as the two walk with a purpose down to the ring. Edge slides into the ring as RVD and Mick exit to the outside floor. Edge and Lita pose for the camera as Edge soaks in the boos from the crowd…

“Edge has that look about him tonight. The same look he had going down the aisle at Wrestlemania 22! Edge is LOCKED IN here at Backlash!” JR points out that Edge is more than ready to claim back-in his eyes- HIS briefcase!

"And Lita...just had...that look! My GOD JR is that outfit legal?" Lawler is more impressed with Lita than Edge...

9jOZmi9.png

For RVD’S MITB Briefcase
Rob Van Dam w/Mick Foley vs. Edge w/Lita

The referee holds up the MITB briefcase as Edge doesn’t take his eyes off of it the entire time it is in the referee’s possession. The official opening bell rings and we are READY!

Edge and RVD circle each other before locking up. RVD grabs a quick head lock. Edge reverses it to a headlock of his own. RVD elbows out of it and latches onto Edge’s arm and connects with an arm drag. Edge right back to his feet as RVD goes for a hip toss but Edge blocks it, rolls through and connects with a hip toss of his own.

RVD is right back to his feet as he goes for a kick but Edge catches it. Edge spins RVD around, but the athletic RVD with his “educated feet” is waiting with an inverted spinning heel kick! Edge hits the mat as RVD bounces up to his feet, garnering a loud cheer from the crowd!

Edge shakes off the move and goes right on the offensive, grabbing a hold of RVD’s wrist. Edge spins around, applying pressure to RVD’s wrist. Edge jumps up and jams RVD’s wrist. RVD lifts his leg through and goes for another heel kick, but Edge blocks it. Edge spins RVD around and kicks him in the gut. He locks RVD’s arm around his head…

BRAINBUSTER!!

Edge goes for a quick cover…

1…2...NO!

RVD kicks out easily as both men slide back to their feet. RVD bounces off the ropes and ducks a clothesline from Edge. RVD with a cross body but Edge catches him, and connects with a Fallaway Slam! Edge is right back to his feet and grabs RVD, smashing his head into the turnbuckle. Edge runs at RVD in the corner but RVD gets an elbow up, fending Edge back a few steps. Edge runs back at RVD but RVD places his legs on each side of the ropes as Edge, going for a shoulder tackle, tackles nothing but the ring post! RVD quickly hops with a Sunset Flip…

1..2…NO!!

Edge rolls through the pinfall attempt and connects with a Basement Dropkick to RVD’ face! RVD rolls towards the ropes. Edge sprints from the opposite side of the ring and hits with a baseball slide that knocks RVD out of the ring and to the floor!

Lita thinks about jumping on top of the fallen RVD but Mick Foley makes his way around the corner, Barbie in tow. RVD looks up…

AND EDGE FLIES OVER THE TOP ROPE WITH A FLYING DIVE!!

Edge is in full control as he gets that “Hardcore” look about him, and begins looking underneath the ring for whatever Shawn Michaels didn’t pull out earlier. Edge pulls out a steel chair and two tables. Edge slides both tables into the ring as he picks up the steel chair. Lita heads inside the ring and sets up both tables, propped up in the corner of opposite sides of the ring…

Edge cocks the steel chair back, winds up…

AND DRILLS RVD ACROSS THE BACK!!

RVD falls to the mat near the announcer’s table, which has been nicely put back together by the WWE ring crew. Edge lifts the chair up once more but as he does, he locks eyes with the MITB briefcase. He puts the steel chair down and forcefully grabs the MITB briefcase out of the timekeepers’ hands. Edge turns around with the briefcase…

Edge goes to clock RVD in the head with the MITB briefcase but RVD is waiting with a legsweep that knocks Edge to the ground, sending the MITB briefcase into the air. RVD catches the MITB briefcase. Edge is back up quick to his feet. RVD tosses the MITB briefcase to Edge…

VAN DAMINATOR WITH THE MONEY IN THE BANK BRIEFCASE!!!

The crowd loves the move as RVD does his signature “ROB…VAN…DAM!” pose until he turns around…

LITA DRILLS RVD WITH A KENDO STICK RIGHT BETWEEN THE EYES!!!

Lita knows Mick is close by and begins swinging the kendo stick at Mick Foley! She drills him in the leg and the arm, knocking the Hardcore Legend back a few steps. Foley thinks about attacking Lita but before he can…

EDGE SPEARS MICK FOLEY RIGHT INTO THE STEEL RING STEPS!!!

With Mick Foley neutralized, Edge goes to toss RVD into the ring, but RVD fights back. Edge goes to whip RVD into the ring apron but RVD reverses it and tosses Edge back first into the barricade!! RVD lifts Edge up and drops him sternum first on the barricade!! Edge hangs over the barricade, feet in the front row. Lita thinks about moving Edge out of the way…

LITA EATS A MANDIBLE CLAW FROM MICK FOLEY!!!

Foley drops Lita to the ringside floor as RVD looks out at the crowd. He climbs up to the ring apron…

CORKSCREW LEG DROP ONTO EDGE ON TOP OF THE BARRICADE!!!

RVD springs to his feet and grabs a hold of Edge, throwing him back into the ring. RVD ascends to the top turnbuckle, looking for the home run…

LITA CROTCHES RVD!!

The referee has had enough of Lita’s antics…

AND KICKS HER OUT OF THE MATCH, SENDING HER TO THE BACK!!!

Lita can’t believe it. She tries to plead and beg with the referee, but to no avail. Mick Foley then scoops Lita up over his shoulder and begins carrying her up the entrance ramp, where a team of WWE referees is waiting for Lita to escort her to the back!!

Back inside the ring, RVD is still crotched up on the top turnbuckle. Edge begins to climb up. He hooks RVD’ head as he grabs his tights…

SUPERPLEX FROM EDGE!!!

The ring shakes from the impact as both men are down! Both men slowly get to their feet in opposite corners, using the turnbuckles as leverage to stand back upright.

We then get a picture-in-picture of Lita backstage, running away from the WWE officials. She escaped their grasp and is heading back down to the ring! Seeing Lita running down the aisle way distracts RVD, who takes his focus off of Edge for just a split second, but that’s all Edge needs…

EDGE SPEARS RVD THROUGH THE TABLE!!!

Edge pulls RVD out of the rubble…

1…2…..NOOO!!!

At the last possible second, RVD gets a shoulder up and saves his MITB briefcase opportunity!

Edge begins pulling at his hair, thinking for certain that would be all he needed to put RVD away. Edge lifts RVD back to his feet. Edge places a steel chair in the center of the ring, then grabs a hold of RVD’s head. He’s looking for a DDT on the steel chair!

Edge goes for his Impaler DDT but RVD blocks it…and connects…

WITH A FACEBUSTER ON EDGE ONTO THE STEEL CHAIR!!!

RVD pulled the desperation move out of nowhere! RVD, with the crowd firmly behind him, climbs to the top rope.

FIVE STAR FROG SPLASH!!!

RVD WITH THE COVER! THIS IS IT!!!

1…2…THRE NOOOO!!!

Edge kicks out at 2.9999! RVD can’t believe it!

There’s commotion in the aisle way as Lita sprints back down to ringside, and begins playing a cat-and-mouse game with the WWE officials. She hops onto the apron and grabs a hold of referee Mike Chioda’s leg, refusing the let go.

During this time, Mick Foley slips Barbie to RVD. RVD winds back…

AND DRILLS EDGE ACROSS THE BACK WITH THE BARBED WIRE BASEBALL BAT!!!

Edge writhes around in pain as RVD tosses the bat back to Foley. RVD then grabs a hold of the table placed in the corner and sets it up in the middle of the ring. RVD punches the fallen Edge a few more times.

Back on the outside, Mick Foley has seen enough of Lita’s antics and grabs her away from Mike Chioda…

FOLEY DDT’S LITA ON THE RINGSIDE FLOOR!!!

Lita is out cold, Edge is all but done…

RVD places Edge on the table as he ascends one more time to the top rope…

FIVE STAR FROG SPLASH ONTO EDGE THROUGH THE TABLE!!!

RVD hooks the leg!

1…2…3!!!

Winner at 17:55- Rob Van Dam

“ONE OF A KIND”
blasts as Mick Foley slides RVD’s MITB briefcase into the ring. RVD clutches it tightly as the referee raises his hand! Foley climbs into the ring and celebrates with RVD!

“Rob Van Dam defeats Edge! Lita tried her damndest to keep this match alive, however the Hardcore Legend Mick Foley made sure she was not a factor. Edge tried everything in the book to put RVD away, but at the end, RVD is just too hot to take out right now!” JR says…

“And with ECW One Night Stand right around the corner, you have to think that RVD just might use that rabid crowd to his advantage and possibly cash in on the WWE Champion!” Lawler follows up, possibly planting seeds…

“Hell, King. He could cash it in tonight. We know John Cena and Triple H will take each other to hell and back, and that could be the perfect opportunity for RVD to strike!” JR planting his own seeds about later on tonight…

RVD and Foley celebrate up the aisle way as the camera pans back down inside the ring on Edge. Edge is seething with anger and frustration as Lita, finally woken up from Foley’s DDT, tries her best to console her man. For now, Edge is still in a bitter place with a broken dream, with the MITB briefcase now a million miles away…

dMxE6jc.png

We cut to a shot of WWE Champion John Cena lacing up his custom Air Jordan Loyalty Series sneakers, fit with a Chain Gang logo on the side. The WWE Championship is right next to his foot, shining brightly into the camera. John Cena knows he is in for a war tonight, and needs to be on his “A” game if he wants to walk out of Backlash still the WWE Champion…

|||----|||----|||----|||

We head to the parking lot where HBK is finally being loaded onto the back of the ambulance…

“We have just received word that Shawn Michaels has suffered three broken ribs and a badly bruised tailbone from his war with the McMahon’s earlier tonight. On behalf of everyone not with a McMahon last name at WWE, we wish HBK a speedy recovery.”
JR says, playing up HBK’s injuries from earlier on…

We transition right over to The McMahon dressing room. Vince and Shane are seated, towels over their necks as they watch Shawn Michaels being loaded into the ambulance and share a good laugh. The Big Show is the man of the hour, as he is sprawled out on a leather couch, while Vince and Shane say anything and everything nice they can about the monster who has just aligned himself with the family.

“Let’s make a toast. To the man that will not only become a future WWE Champion, but to the man that will bring the McMahon name and brand into the stratosphere! To The Big Show! Here, here!”

Vince shouts as everybody raises a toast to The Big Show…

“Let’s get out of this joint. Let’s hit up the town, we’re famous tonight!”

Shane McMahon shouts as he goes to grab his coat as Vince’s phone rings…

“Yeah…okay…as expected…good…good…are you sure?...we are all set…alright then…let’s do it my way…”

The second mystery phone call for Vince McMahon tonight at Backlash takes place. Vince hangs up and looks over at Big Show, Shane, Candace and Maria, all ready to hit the town…

“Shane, Big Show, stay back. We’ll talk. I’ll explain… Ladies, have fun tonight, here….”

Vince tosses five $100 bills to Candace and Maria. Shane and Big Show seem upset about not being able to hit the town with Candace and Maria as Vince looks paranoid around his dressing room door before slamming it shut…

dMxE6jc.png

We’re back down to ringside as JR and Lawler are waiting for us…

“God only knows who Vince was on the phone with, and what else he has up his sleeve here tonight. I wouldn’t be surprised if he is still looking to sabotage and dismantle Shawn Michaels even more than he already has tonight!” JR says, curious as to who Vince has been on the phone with all night…

“Talking about dismantle, it’s time for our next matchup. A Gauntlet Match! The newcomer, Umaga, will take on either Snitsky or Heidenreich. If he beats one of them, the other will come out!” Lawler gets us ready for Umaga’s PPV debut…

“This kid Umaga has all the makings of the next dominant monster in the WWE. He has the bloodline, he has the size, and he has that dominant aura about himself that we don’t see quite often…” JR hypes up Umaga…

“VIRTUAL VOODOO”

Umaga’s theme song hits as he and his advisor Armando Alejandro Estrada emerge from the curtain. Estrada hypes up Umaga by continuously pointing to him as the two head down the entrance ramp. Umaga, decked out in a traditional Samoan tribal skirt climbs into the ring, rips the tribal skirt off and poses for the crowd, sticking out his heavily taped “Samoan Spike” thumb…

“IT WASN’T MY FAULT!”

Snitsky drew the short straw and will have to face Umaga first. The stipulations of this match are simple. If Umaga beats Snitsky, then Heidenreich will get a chance to fight Umaga. If Umaga is unsuccessful in beating Snitsky, then Heidenreich gets to hang in catering for the rest of tonight…

Mfpj51B.png

Gauntlet Match #1
Umaga vs. Snitsky

Snitsky is quick to work and jumps the bell, attempting to tackle Umaga into the corner. Umaga is waiting and tosses Snitsky to the ground like a rag doll! Snitsky tries to get to his feet but eats a Savate Kick right to the face!!

Snitsky falls back to the mat as blood begins to pour from his nose! Umaga doesn’t care as he runs full speed ahead, dropping Snitsky with a clothesline! Umaga shouts like a rabid animal as he easily hoists Snitsky over his shoulder…

SAMOAN DROP!!!

Estrada shouts and jumps from ringside, just happy that Umaga is on his side right now…

Umaga waits for Snitsky, face battered and bloodied, to get to his feet…

SAMOAN SPIKE!!!

The devastating finisher drops the monster Snitsky like a ton of bricks!!

Umaga easily covers Snitsky…

1..2…3!!

Winner at 2:30- Umaga

Umaga grabs a hold of Snitsky and tosses him out of the ring. Umaga lifts Snitsky up once more…

SAMOAN DROP TO SNITSKY ON THE STEEL ENTRANCE RAMP!!!

Umaga stands tall and shouts as the crowd eats it up…

“HEI-DEN-REICH!”

Gauntlet Match #2

Umaga vs. Heidenreich

Heidenreich is out next, and is having serious second thoughts about this as he tentatively jogs down. The Samoan Bulldozer is waiting for him at the foot of the entrance way. Heidenreich picks up his speed and runs full speed ahead, jumping into Umaga’s arms…

The Samoan savage catches Heidenreich in midair, runs forward with him…

AND TACKLES HIM THROUGH THE BARRICADE AT RINGSIDE!!!

A “HOLY SHIT!” chant breaks out as Umaga stands over the fallen Heidenreich, in between the twisted steel from the barricade breaking in two. Umaga lifts Heidenreich back up to his feet and slides him into the ring.

Umaga, showing that he is not just a monster on the ground, decides to climb to the top turnbuckle. He shifts his feet around…

MOONSAULT TO HEIDENREICH!!!

Umaga grabs the lifeless Heidenreich up to his feet, reaches back…

SAMOAN SPIKE!!!

Umaga places one foot on the fallen Heidenreich while shouting…

1…2…3!!!

Winner at 3:10- Umaga

Estrada jumps into the ring and raises Umaga’s hand high as Umaga lets out another animalistic roar for good measure! Umaga walks over Heidenreich and then up the ramp, where he kicks Snitsky, who is still down somewhere in the wreckage, for good measure. Umaga poses at the top of the ramp as the crowd gives him a very loud reaction. They are impressed with his PPV debut, and no doubt the first of many PPV victories for “The Samoan Bulldozer”!

“Umaga has just absolutely destroyed two of the biggest monsters on RAW! I have never seen anything like the carnage The Samoan Bulldozer has just caused!” JR is hyped for Umaga…

“This looked like a car crash and a demolition site all in one! I really don’t think there is anybody in the WWE that can stop Umaga!” King follows up, also impressed…

dMxE6jc.png

We head to the parking lot where Edge and Lita are exiting the arena. The Coach does his best to catch up to The Rated-R Superstar, looking for a few words. Edge finally stops and looks back at The Coach with an angry look on his face…

“I have nothing to say. NOTHING! I had that match in the bag when that loser Mick Foley decided to get involved. Well, don’t worry Mick. I hear there’s another HARDCORE show coming up in a little over a month. Mick, take this as your warning. You have until June 11 to live life the way you want. Get the most out of it. Enjoy your family dinners. Enjoy the long walks on the beach with your wife and kids! Cause come One Night Stand, I’ll be showing you hardcore. Wrestlemania 22 will look like a Divas match compared to what I’m gonna do to you!”

Edge and Lita dart off through the parking lot as The Coach, who has done a wonderful job here tonight, signs off for the evening…

dMxE6jc.png

We cut to a side-by-side of WWE Champion John Cena and Triple H, respectively walking towards the ring. Cena wears the title proudly around his waist as he fist bumps a backstage personnel fan. Triple H pours water over his head as he jumps up and down, ready and anxious to get this match under way…

A graphic pops up for our main event- A NO HOLDS BARRED MATCH for the WWE Championship- Champion John Cena takes on Challenger Triple H!

Following a hype video package, we head back down to ringside…

“Well, folks. We’ve finally reached the pinnacle of Backlash. The WWE Championship Match! Two storied entities clash it out for the richest prize on Monday Night RAW!” JR gets us HYPED for the main event!

“Triple H showed us that he isn’t messing around anymore. He’s certain that Wrestlemania 22 was a fluke! Well, tonight he gets to put his money where is mouth is, and attempt to take the WWE Championship off of John Cena!” Lawler continues the main event hype…

“BEHOLD THE KING…THE KING OF KINGS…”

Triple H’s new, catchy, bad-ass theme song hits as the crowd surprisingly gives “The Game” a loud ovation of cheers! Triple H is on a mission tonight as he walks with a purpose down the entrance ramp. He climbs up on the apron, does his signature water-mist spit, then climbs into the ring. He poses on the top turnbuckle as the camera view slides right to left, catching all of Triple H’s pose from each side…

“MY TIME IS NOW!”

John Cena’s music hits as he gets the loudest reaction of the night, mixed at that. Cena is sporting a University of Kentucky basketball jersey with his name and number 54 on the back! Cena holds his WWE Championship high in the air before sprinting down the ramp. He slides into the ring before holding up the WWE Championship for the world to see!

“You can smell the big-match feel in the air, King! This match is going to be one for the ages!” JR continues the hype as WE ARE READY for the BACKLASH MAIN EVENT!!

sPycwZ1.png

WWE Championship- No Holds Barred Match
©John Cena vs. Triple H

After Lillian Garcia runs down the introductions for both men, the referee takes the WWE title from John Cena and holds it in the air. Noticeably, John Cena has his ribs taped up from the brutal assault by the hands of Triple H back on Monday…

The official bell rings as neither Cena nor Triple H budge from their position. The two are embroiled in an epic staredown, one that has the crowd growing louder with each passing second. Finally, John Cena waves his hand in front of his face, letting Triple H know that he can’t see him…

Triple H responds by chopping his crotch, telling John Cena to SUCK IT!

Following Triple H’s crotch chop, the two circle around each other. They lock up. Triple H pushes Cena into the corner. HHH goes for a punch but Cena ducks out of the corner. Cena points at Triple H and smiles as Triple H smiles back, knowing Cena has also brought his “A” game tonight.

The two lock up once again in the center of the ring. This time Cena muscles Triple H over to the corner. Cena winds up for a right hand but Triple H ducks! Both men smile again, as the gamesmanship is at full throttle!

Cena and HHH find themselves in the center of the ring once more. Cena goes for another lock up, BUT TRIPLE H SMACKS CENA ACROSS THE FACE!

Cena falls back before the rage kicks in and HE TACKLES TRIPLE H TO THE MAT! Both men begin throwing haymakers at each other! THIS MATCH HAS OFFICIALLY KICKED OFF!

Triple H gains position as he flips over on top of Cena, wailing away at his face! Cena responds with lefts and rights of his own before getting back to a neutral position on the mat. Triple H with a right. The crowd cheers! John Cena with a left! The crowd boos! Both men run off the ropes simultaneously…

DOUBLE CLOTHESLINE!!!

Both men are down on the mat, and not surprisingly since everything is this match has been equal thus far, both men reach their feet at the same time. Again, both men bounce off the ropes. This time John Cena ducks a clothesline attempt from Triple H. Triple H holds onto the ropes to stop his momentum…

JOHN CENA CLOTHESLINES TRIPLE H AND HIMSELF OVER THE ROPES AND TO THE FLOOR!!!

It didn’t take long for the action to spill to the outside! Cena goes for a right hand but Triple H blocks it and drills Cena with one of his own. Triple H then takes Cena and tosses him shoulder first right into the ring post!

Cena holds his shoulder in pain as Triple H is hot on his trail. The taped ribs of John Cena are a massive target for Triple H, who stomps on Cena’s back! Triple H then climbs up onto the steel steps, and hops off with a DOUBLE AXE HANDLE to Cena’s ribs!

Triple H is in control as he grabs a hold of what is probably the last steel chair left here tonight. He raises it high over his head but Cena elbows Triple H in the gut, causing “The Game” to drop the chair. Cena picks up the chair…

CENA DRILLS TRIPLE H OVER THE HEAD WITH THE STEEL CHAIR!!

Cena isn’t done, and begins letting his anger out…

CHAIR SHOT TO THE BACK!!

CHAIR SHOT TO THE LEGS!!

ANOTHER CHAIR SHOT TO THE BACK!!

Cena wields the chair so hard that eventually the bottom beam of it falls out. Cena tosses the badly bent chair to the ground, taking his eyes off of Triple H for a split second. Cena turns around…

TRIPLE H WITH AN EYE RAKE!!

Triple H knows he can only win the WWE Championship inside the ring, and slides Cena back through the bottom rope. Triple H is quick on the offensive as he hammers away on Cena’s head with lefts and rights. Triple H sends Cena off the ropes…

A HARLEY RACE LIKE HIGH KNEE CONNECTS TO CENA’S CHIN!!

Triple H then grabs a hold of John Cena, applying an ABDOMINAL STRETCH!! Cena shouts out in pain as Triple H has it locked in tight. Cena begins using his super-human strength and finds a way…

TO GET TRIPLE H UP INTO THE FU POSITION…

Triple H hammers away with elbows as he slides off the back of Cena. Cena turns back around and Triple H is waiting with a kick to the gut.

TRIPLE H GETS JOHN CENA IN THE PEDIGREE POSITION…

But Cena is too strong and lifts Triple H up over his head…

AND OVER THE ROPES, TO THE FLOOR!!

Cena goes down to one knee, wincing every time he takes a breath! Cena hops out of the ring, where Triple H is waiting with THE RING BELL!

TRIPLE H DRILLS THE RING BELL OVER CENA’S HEAD!!

Cena hits the ringside floor like a ton of bricks. Triple H pushes the cameraman to the ground before taking his cable cord. Triple H wraps the cable around Cena’s throat…

TRIPLE H BEGINS TO CHOKE OUT CENA WITH THE CAMERA CABLE CORD!!

Triple H leans forward, smacking Cena’s face right into the Spanish Announcer’s desk! Blood smears all over the table as Triple H begins clear it. Cena isn’t done fighting yet as he kicks Triple H right in his quad! Triple H falls back as Cena begins to muster up some offense. Triple H misses with a right hand. Cena lifts him up…

BACK SUPLEX ONTO THE TABLE!!

The table doesn’t break, but Triple H lands with one hell of a thud! Cena then grabs the cable cord that was just moments ago around his throat, and begins to wrap it around his hand. Triple H is sprawled out on top of the announcer’s table, face down. Cena climbs up, grabs a hold of HHH’s leg…

CABLE CORD-ASSISTED STFU ON TOP OF THE ANNOUNCER’S TABLE!!!

Cena has his signature move locked in a cool visual spot. Cena finally breaks the hold as climbs down off the table. Cena reaches underneath the ring for whatever is left, and he is able to pull out a lead pipe! Cena lunges forward, driving the lead pipe right into Triple H’s forehead! Cena walks back a few steps, looking for a running head start. Cena, lead pipe in hand, charges full speed ahead at the fallen Triple H…

WHO IS WAITING WITH A SPINEBUSTER TO CENA THROUGH THE SPANISH ANNOUNCER’S TABLE!!!

Triple H pulled that move out of his ass in a last-ditch desperation attempt! Cena lies motionless in the heap of notes, water bottles, and monitors. Triple H limps over to the RAW Announcer’s table, which has already been replaced once tonight. Triple H doesn’t care, as he clears everything off of it!

Triple H kicks Cena in the head as he tosses him onto the other announcer’s table. Triple H climbs up onto the table. He slicks his hair back as he places Cena between his legs. Triple H then goes to hook Cena’s legs, but Cena once again finds a way to get TRIPLE H UP IN THE FU POSITION! Cena goes for an FU but Triple H is able to jam his thumb right into the eye of Cena!!

Cena drops Triple H back down to the table as Triple H successfully hooks Cena in…

PEDIGREE THROUGH THE ANNOUNCER’S TABLE!!!

Triple H has been able to counter EVERYTHING John Cena has thrown his way tonight!

Suddenly, there is commotion up at the entrance ramp…

WHERE VINCE, SHANE AND THE BIG SHOW ARE ALL WALKING DOWN!!

“What the hell are they doing here? They have no business dealings with this match!”
JR shouts, not happy to see the Chairman once again…

“Vince McMahon owns the company. He can come out and watch any match he wants, JR!” Lawler tows the company line…

Triple H looks out at the trio, and doesn’t think much of it. Vince, Shane and Big Show stand nonchalantly on the outside, simply viewing the match from a closer perspective…

Triple H stomps on the fallen Cena once more for good measure. Triple H goes underneath the ring….

AND PULLS OUT HIS DEADLY SLEDGEHAMMER!!!

Triple H tosses his weapon of choice into the ring as he slides Cena back in. Triple H lifts the sledgehammer…

AND RAMS IT RIGHT INTO JOHN CENA’S FACE!!!

Cena hits the deck again, and with each offensive move thrown by Triple H, it takes a little more out of Cena to the point where he can barely stand!

Triple H stands over Cena…

TRIPLE H DIGS THE SLEDGEHAMMER INTO CENA’S RIBS!!!

Triple H tosses the sledgehammer behind him as he stands tall over the WWE Champion!

Cena tries to use Triple H’s legs to get to his feet. Triple H looks down and smiles…

“IT’S OVER, JOHN! NOW BOW DOWN TO THE KING!”

Triple H shoves Cena in between his legs, getting ready to end him once and for all with another Pedigree…

VINCE MCMAHON CRACKS TRIPLE H ACROSS THE BACK OF THE HEAD WITH THE SLEDGEHAMMER!!!

WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON RIGHT NOW?!?!?!?!?!?

VINCE MCMAHON JUST CRACKED HIS SON-IN-LAW, HIS CASH COW, DIRECTLY IN THE BACK OF HIS HEAD WITH HIS OWN SLEDGEHAMMER!!!!

The crowd is astonished, John Cena is astonished, and Triple H is motionless, out cold! Shane and Big Show forcefully drape Cena over the unconscious Triple H as Vince demands the referee begins to count…

1…2…3!!!

Winner at 23:45 AND STILL WWE CHAMPION- John Cena

“John Cena has beaten Triple H, but what in the blue hell is going on right now, King? Why the hell did Vince just drill Triple H in the back of the head with his own sledgehammer, when Triple H all but had the match won? Is that how you’re supposed to treat family?”
JR is HOT about the finish…

“All I know is for whatever reason, Vince wanted to make sure John Cena won this match!” Lawler follows up, trying to make sense of it all…

John Cena’s music blasts, but he has a mixture of anger, rage, and confusion on his face all at one time. Vince, Shane and Big Show stand over the motionless Triple H as Vince shouts and kicks him in the head for good measure!

The referee hands Cena his title, but Cena is NOT happy about this at all.

“I’d rather lose fair and square than win this way!” Cena shouts over at the chairman.

Vince, enraged, points his finger at Cena…

“TOO GODDAMN BAD! THIS IS HOW IT’S GONNA BE FROM NOW ON! NEVER FORGET WHO SIGNS YOUR CHECKS!”

Vince shouts! Cena knows better than attacking Vince as Shane and Big Show are eagerly waiting to pounce all over the WWE Champion…

“AND NEVER FORGET WHO OWNS YOU, JOHN CENA!”

Vince, Shane and Big Show all exit the ring as Cena stands with the WWE Championship, looking up at the entrance ramp at the trio…

“I OWN YOU! AND NOW, YOU OWE ME! JUST REMEMBER THAT!”

Vince yells! Cena somehow is walking out of Backlash not only on his own two feet, but still as WWE Champion…

The credits begin to roll as the final image of Backlash we see is of Vince, Shane and The Big Show all holding up their arms at the top of the ramp, while Cena sits on his knees inside the ring, staring deep into his WWE Championship…

dMxE6jc.png

John Cena didn’t want to win this way, and never even asked for assistance. However, his mantra of doing everything the right way-the hustle, loyalty and respect- it is all out the window now. He knows his WWE Championship reign is tainted, something he never would have thought would happen.

John Cena just found out the hard way that Vince just used his power to not only suppress his son-in-law, but to also blackmail John Cena for the future.

It was a power move…this was just one small move in a much bigger game of chess…a game of chess only meant to be played by titans and immortals…a game that Vince McMahon created on his own…and in the end, he is still the king, and if you are in the WWE…VINCE MCMAHON OWNS YOU!

Last edited:

BattleTank

What A Maneuver!
Reaction score
giphy.gif

With Backlash in the books, it’s now time to shift our focus over to Smackdown. What has the blue brand been up to since Wrestlemania 22?

ezM3l91.png

AND I WON’T BE DENIED, CAUSE ALL I GOT LEFT IS MY PRIDE, AND I WILL RISE UP!

dyf8NrQ.png
KkjwFWx.png

REY MYSTERIO realized his life-long dream at Wrestlemania 22 when he won the World Heavyweight Championship. He did it for the fans, he did it for Eddie Guerrero, and of course, his family. However, with the fame and fortune that comes with being the World Champion, Rey Mysterio has quickly figured out the downside of being the top dog, as he finds himself as the prime target on Smackdown.

The man targeting Mysterio- KURT ANGLE. Angle has a legitimate gripe with Mysterio, as he walked into Wrestlemania 22 as World Champion, didn’t factor into the decision to lose his title, and walked out empty-handed. Since losing at Wrestlemania 22, Kurt Angle has been on a war path on Smackdown, letting his aggressive side show a bit more in the process.

On the April 7, 2006 edition of Smackdown, we were treated to a HUGE Tag Team Main Event which saw Mysterio teaming up with MATT HARDY to take on the dream-team of Kurt Angle and THE UNDERTAKER. Angle and Undertaker had the upper hand for the majority of the match, until a miscommunication saw Undertaker drill Angle in the face with a Big Boot!

Mysterio, the intended target of The Undertaker’s size-17 boot, ducked out of the way, and quickly rolled up the dazed Angle for the pinfall victory. Mysterio and Matt Hardy celebrated up the entrance ramp, but the action inside the ring was just beginning.

As Kurt Angle finally came to his senses, he looked up and saw Undertaker extending a hand to help him back to his feet. Kurt Angle accepted the hand and rose to his feet, gripping The Undertaker’s hand with great force. Undertaker went to pull away and when he did…

KURT ANGLE DRILLED UNDERTAKER IN THE FACE WITH A HEADBUTT!!!

The Undertaker immediately fell to the ground, blood pouring from his nose. Angle didn’t stop the assault there, as he ripped the tag rope off the turnbuckle and BEGAN CHOKING UNDERTAKER WITH IT!!

A team of WWE Officials raced to the ring, but KURT ANGLE HAD SNAPPED! Angle picked up each official and tossed them to the ground. After clearing the ring of anybody looking to stop him, Angle took the tag rope and tied Undertaker’s hands to the bottom rope. The unconscious Deadman lied on his stomach as Angle applied THE ANKLE LOCK!

Angle refused to let go of the ankle lock until he was finally subdued by the WWE Officials that he tossed to the side earlier on. The damage was done, Kurt Angle had snapped, and The Undertaker was taken to the nearest local medical facility for further examination.

Following Angle’s brutal attack on The Undertaker, he then shifted focus to Rey Mysterio and “the title he never lost.” Angle demanded a re-match be set for Judgement Day, and told Smackdown General Manager TEDDY LONG that if he didn’t grant Angle his re-match, he too, would end up like The Undertaker. Long heeded Angle’s advice and Rey Mysterio versus Kurt Angle at Judgement Day for the World Heavyweight Championship was made official!

In the weeks leading up to Judgement Day, Rey Mysterio showed he would be a tough and resilient champion as he and Angle one-upped each other on every episode of Smackdown. Mysterio knows at Judgement Day he is getting into the ring with the most dangerous person on the planet right now, but is willing to take that challenge just to prove his title win isn’t a fluke.

This Judgement Day main event will be action-packed as two of the world’s premier athletes clash for the richest prize on Smackdown. One burning question that will be in the back of every fan’s mind, as well as Kurt Angle’s will be simple- will The Undertaker return to exact revenge on Kurt Angle? Or will Kurt Angle continue his dominant aggressive approach and find himself back at the top of Smackdown as World Champion?

pZccZzP.png

BREAKIN’ OUT, BREAK YOU DOWN!

Xhw1pie.png
yByJb49.png

JBL left Wrestlemania 22 as the NEW UNITED STATES CHAMPION! The cocky and arrogant Texan thought since he won the United States title, that he could prance around Smackdown, coming and going as he pleased. JBL felt invincible, on top of the world. He had all the money, Jillian Hall as his manager, a luxurious stretch limousine, and the United States title. However, one man came to crash the party, a man primed to make a name for himself on Smackdown- BOBBY LASHLEY!

Lashley made it quickly known that he was gunning for JBL and the United States title. JBL played hard to get, telling Lashley that his back was acting up and he would be unable to defend the title for a few months!

Teddy Long stepped in and told JBL if he didn’t wrestle, he would be stripped of the United States title! To make matters worse for JBL, Long scheduled a Non-Title Match against Bobby Lashley with the stipulation if Lashley won, he would face JBL at Judgement Day for the United States Championship!

During the match, JBL used every dirty trick imaginable in the book in an attempt to outlast Bobby Lashley. JBL thought he outsmarted everyone when after he knocked the referee down on “accident” he paid tribute to Eddie Guerrero…JBL drilled Lashley with the US title, then fell to the ground, making it seem as if Lashley had drilled him with the US title. When the referee finally woke up, he immediately called for the bell.

JBL’s celebration was short-lived as Teddy Long came out and re-started the match, telling JBL: “It’s 2006 playa, we can all see what you’re doing on the TV monitor in the back!” An infuriated JBL tossed his US title down to the ground, only to turn around…

JBL RUNS INTO A HUUUGE SPEAR FROM BOBBY LASHLEY!!!

Lashley hooked the leg, got the three count, and Teddy Long made the match official right on the spot for Judgement Day!

JBL will head into Judgement Day knowing that he will have to outsmart Lashley in order to retain the US title. Will JBL have what it takes to make a successful title defense? Or will Bobby Lashley use his brute strength to continue to climb the ladder of success on Smackdown, winning his first big title?

pZccZzP.png

BREAKIN’ RULES, BREAKIN’ GROUND! HAD YOUR CHANCE, NOW IT’S GONE…

iJeFiwF.png
1Ghdp0S.png

nHxLH0S.png
smPf5kK.png

H1i7tWq.png
DW3F3NR.png

Smackdown General Manager Teddy Long made a major announcement following Wrestlemania 22, telling us all that the KING OF THE RING TOURNAMENT WAS RETURNING! The historic and prestigious tournament has been a long-standing tradition on the WWE, and will make its return after a four-year hiatus. Let’s take a look at how the tournament unfolded over the past six weeks:

BOOKER T won his Quarterfinals match over FINLAY. Booker T was able to capitalize on the interference from Ken Kennedy, who has developed a rivalry with Finlay since Wrestlemania 22. Booker T hit the Bookend on a distracted Finlay and advanced to the Semi-Finals.

WILLIAM REGAL bested KEN KENNEDY as Finlay and his new friend, a dwarf by the name of “LITTLE BASTARD” who resembles a leprechaun, took to the ring. When the referee was distracted by Little Bastard, Finlay drilled Kennedy over the head with his Shillelagh, which ended up being more than enough for Regal to put Kennedy away and advance.

---

Finlay and Little Bastard weren’t done with Ken Kennedy following both of their eliminations from the tournament. On the May 5, 2006 edition of Smackdown, while Kennedy was announcing himself to the world, Little Bastard slid from under the ring and drilled Kennedy with a LOW BLOW, causing Kennedy to bring his voice up a few octaves for the final notes! Kennedy was not pleased with this, and took out Finlay backstage later on in the evening. It was then announced that Finlay and Kennedy will clash at Judgement Day!

---

MATT HARDY was able to withstand HARDCORE HOLLY. Hardy and Holly had a hard back-and-forth contest, but after Holly went for a forearm smash and missed, Hardy quickly capitalized and hit him with the Twist of Fate, advancing to the next round.

The final match of the Quarterfinals saw RANDY ORTON take on MARK HENRY. Both men, extremely frustrated about how their Wrestlemania 22 ended, decided to forego any rules and brawled all through the arena and backstage. This match was RULED A DOUBLE COUNTOUT, and in return, gave Booker T a BYE in the Semi-Finals, sending him straight to Judgement Day.

---

Orton and Henry, both being eliminated, continued to brawl on a weekly basis leading up to Judgement Day. A match was made official as Randy Orton will take on Mark Henry at Judgement Day in a NO DISQUALIFICATIONS MATCH!

---

The sole semi-finals match saw Matt Hardy square off with William Regal. Regal had control early on, until Hardy, who has been getting a massive ovation from the fans lately, used their energy to fight back. In the end, Hardy hit TWO Twist of Fates on Regal to put him away, advancing to the FINALS!

At Judgement Day, BOOKER T will take on MATT HARDY in the KING OF THE RING FINALS!
Both men have been hot since Wrestlemania 22, but only one can leave as the King! Will we see Booker T’s wife and manager SHARMELL get involved, leading to a coronation of King Booker T? Or will we see Matt Hardy leave Judgement Day with the momentum he has gained still intact, leading us to King Hardy?

pZccZzP.png

A NEW DAY…

uSRYbpG.png
rrHLHSP.png

CHAVO GUERRERO has been through a lot in a short amount of time. From the failures of Kerwin White to his beloved uncle Eddie Guerrerro’s untimely passing, Chavo has done his best to hold it together not only for himself but for his family, and ultimately the Guerrero name. Following Wrestlemania 22, we witnessed a more focused, somber, locked-in Chavo Guerrero looking to prove himself in the brave new world of Smackdown.

Chavo made his intentions clear that he was ready to head back where it all started- The Cruiserweight Division! In a promo on Smackdown, Chavo poured his heart out in the ring, and with tears streaming down his face after a few emotional comments about honoring Eddie and the Guerrero name, he made it known that he was back in the Cruiserweight division, and had his sights set on GREGORY HELMS!

Helms responded by saying if Chavo wanted a title shot at Judgement Day, he would have to earn it. Teddy Long agreed with Helms and a Triple Threat Match involving Chavo, Nunzio and Scotty 2 Hotty. Chavo ultimately won the match after hitting Nunzio with a FROG SPLASH, paying tribute to Eddie Guerrero! From there, the match against Gregory Helms for the Cruiserweight Championship was made official!

Chavo Guerrero is as ready as he will ever be at Judgement Day, but he faces a very formidable opponent in Gregory Helms. Will Helms continue his dominant streak as Cruiserweight Champion? Or will Chavo Guerrero fulfill his destiny as once again reclaiming his spot at the top of the Cruiserweight throne?

pZccZzP.png

A NEW DAWN…

KDYSjOW.png
WAtcn1P.png

dJA0tcg.png
id8BmMG.png

---

JE17D0w.png
i7GEeQm.png

Nfe6YYT.png
g2yPVtl.png

The chinks in the armor of reigning Smackdown Tag Team Champions MNM are well documented, as JOHNNY NITRO and MELINA have slowly begun to grow cold to JOEY MERCURY. Miscommunications, intentional or not, have led to the trio arguing more than celebrating their current run as Tag Team Champions. PAUL LONDON and BRIAN KENDRICK have been exploiting these differences since Wrestlemania 22, and the two teams will collide at Judgement Day!

Although MNM is going through problems right now, there is no denying their talent once the bell rings. Will MNM figure out a way to work together and keep their run going? Or will the upstart team of Brian Kendrick and Paul London strike gold and leave Judgement Day as the NEW Smackdown Tag Team Champions?

---

On the other side of the highly competitive Tag Team division, JAMIE NOBLE and KID KASH will square off against SUPER CRAZY and PSICOSIS in a NUMBER ONE CONTENDER’S MATCH! Both teams have been red-hot since Wrestlemania 22, something that Teddy Long has noticed. Due to both teams success in recent weeks, the Number One Contender’s stipulation was placed to give the winning team a title shot in the future! All four of these men are known for tearing the house down, so hang onto your seat for this one, as it will surely be a can’t-miss match!

pZccZzP.png

IwVhc2Z.png

Judgement Day
May 21, 2006

World Heavyweight Championship

©Rey Mysterio vs. Kurt Angle

King of the Ring Finals
Booker T vs. Matt Hardy

United States Championship
©JBL vs. Bobby Lashley

No Disqualifications Match
Randy Orton vs. Mark Henry

Grudge Match
Ken Kennedy vs. Finlay

Smackdown Tag Team Championship
©MNM vs. Brian Kendrick & Paul London

Cruiserweight Championship
©Gregory Helms vs. Chavo Guerrero

Tag Team #1 Contender’s Match

Jamie Noble & Kid Kash vs. Super Crazy & Psicosis​

The ScapeDubb

Cry me a river
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
jeffjarrett
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
ZIF7zVA
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Sports Team
carolinahurricanes
Favorite Sports Team
xjczadG
I gave you some of my thoughts on Discord but Backlash was awesome. Of course I mark for Carlito and Masters picking up the big tag title win but I love how masterfully the main event played out. I thought there was a chance you might pull the trigger on a Cena heel turn but the way it actually played out with him still being face but basically owing Vince is much more interesting. Umaga destroying was awesome as well and I think the HBK stuff played out nicely with a defeated HHH obviously going to want some payback on Vince, sounds like HBK is definitely going to have an old friend back soon.

Judgement Day
May 21, 2006

©Rey Mysterio
vs. Kurt Angle
Don't think Rey is going to drop the title after just winning it and I'm thinking Angle is going to have Undertaker to deal with soon, so let's go with Rey REYtaining.

King of the Ring Finals
Booker T vs. Matt Hardy
Logically, Booker T winning and becoming the next heel feud for Rey makes the most sense but that's also what happened in real life. I could see you going a different route and giving us King Hardy, perhaps leading to a heel turn for Matt?

©JBL
vs. Bobby Lashley
I could see Lashley winning but I honestly didn't hate midcard heel JBL so I think he either retains by winning or perhaps he ends up getting DQ'd, but either way I see this one perhaps continuing as maybe Lashley does eventually take the title just not yet.

Randy Orton
vs. Mark Henry
Orton perhaps with the higher ceiling here.

Grudge Match
Ken Kennedy
vs. Finlay
I love Finlay but Mr. Kennedy deserves a proper push that he seemed destined for in real life.

Woo Londrick. Although I also love MNM, I sense a singles run in Johnny Nitro's future. And I'm here for it.

©Gregory Helms vs. Chavo Guerrero
Chavo getting some love here, could see him walking away with this one.

Jamie Noble & Kid Kash
vs. Super Crazy & Psicosis
Noble and Kash feel like good first challengers for the new tag champs, so why not.

Reactions: BattleTank

MTK36

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Sports Team
houstonrockets
Favorite Sports Team
zMIREmq
JUDGEMENT DAY (No not the stable, that won't happen until 16 years later from the point of BTB) PREDICTIONS!

©Rey Mysterio
vs. Kurt Angle

Already Mysterio's reign looks better than IRL. Kurt's facing the Undertaker I believe after this, and Rey-Rey needs a big win to add immediate prestige.

King of the Ring Finals
Booker T
vs. Matt Hardy

ALL HAIL KING BOOKAH!!!!! Sorry, you booking King Booker in this retelling is just too good to pass up.

©JBL vs. Bobby Lashley

Same as the match the two had for said title after Judgement Day, only with less JBL retirement.

Randy Orton
vs. Mark Henry

Since both are coming off a loss from Mania 22, I believe The Legend Killer is going to re-insert himself into the World Title picture with a win here. .

Grudge Match
Ken Kennedy
vs. Finlay

Until Swoggle ex Machina occurs, I'm going for MISTERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR KENNNNEDDDDDDDDDDDDY! (KENNNNEDDDDDDDDDDDDY!)

Same as IRL, besides Nitro is going solo anyway.

©Gregory Helms
vs. Chavo Guerrero

Helms just weasels his way out of ANOTHER Cruiserweight title defense

Jamie Noble & Kid Kash vs. Super Crazy & Psicosis

Mexicools takes this one over the not ECW Pitbulls.

Reactions: BattleTank

Roy Mustang

Reaction score
Judgement Day
May 21, 2006

©Rey Mysterio
vs. Kurt Angle

King of the Ring Finals
Booker T vs. Matt Hardy

©JBL