WWE SmackDown Tapings for 4/6/12

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Reaction score
- Thanks to Miriam for the following WWE SmackDown spoilers from tonight's tapings in Orlando, Florida:

Dark Match

* Dean Ambrose defeated Ezekiel Jackson

* After the Smackdown tapings: John Cena, Randy Orton, Sheamus, and Big Show vs. Daniel Bryan, Mark Henry, Cody Rhodes, and Kane.

The "Yes! Yes! Yes!" chants have been so popular tonight. They did a rapid fire finisher sequence with Orton RKO'ing Kane, and Cena hitting the Attitude Adjustment for the win.

SmackDown, Airing Friday:

* SmackDown opens with John Laurinaitis and David Otunga coming out. Laurinaitis brings out Teddy Long for one last moment. Laurinaitis shows off his new and improved SmackDown and rips into Long. Long wants to quit but Johnny won't let him. It appears Long is under Laurinaitis' control now.

* David Otunga and Mark Henry beat R-Truth in a handicap squash match.

* Randy Orton beat Kane in a No DQ match. They fought all around the ring and up the ramp, on the stage before coming back to the ring. The match sees some good spots and brawls with chairs. Orton wins with a RKO after putting Kane into an exposed turnbuckle.

* Ryback makes his debut and beats a local wrestler. Our correspondent said the former Skip Sheffield wasn't anything too special.

* Daniel Bryan comes out next with AJ Lee and he's pissed off. Fans chant for Bryan but he's not buying it. He tells them to quit mocking him. Lots of "YES!" chants from the crowd. Bryan won't budge and starts dissing AJ before he dumps her. AJ leaves the ring as the crowd chants "YES" and sings "goodbye" to her.

* New WWE Intercontinental Champion Big Show beat Heath Slater with a knockout punch. Cody Rhodes was on commentary for the match.

* More heat for John Laurinaitis. He arranges a face off between Sheamus and Alberto Del Rio before their match begins tonight so Sheamus can't use the Brogue Kick for another surprise win.

* Kelly Kelly comes out for the next match. She ends up distracting WWE Divas Champion Beth Phoenix, allowing Nikki Bella to get a 30 second win. This was apparently a non-title match.

* Backstage promo with Damien Sandow from FCW debuting. Apparently he's doing some kind of actor gimmick.

* Alberto Del Rio beat Sheamus by DQ when Sheamus got caught with a chair that Del Rio had tried to use on him. Del Rio now earns a future World Heavyweight Title shot. Del Rio leaves while Sheamus gets pissed and takes it out on the referee to end the show.

Source

I'd have preferred teddy gone but Teddy being Johnny's little bitch is fine with me. Otunga winning. Ryback debuts to WWE now. Alberto Del Rio gets title shot which I saw it coming. :gusta:

Asskicker

Champion
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
LOL wtf? Either way better smackdown than most these days. Still won't watch going to have more important work than this.

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
SmackDown sucked, what a shocker.

Teddy is still there, lots of Big Show still, lots of Sheamus still. I literally have zero hope for this show. I'll skip it on TV and watch on YT, will watch DB segment. I'll skim-watch ADR vs Sheamus and watch Ryback to see how he is. Dean Ambrose winning is a good sign even if it is a dark match. We need Rollins.

Asskicker

Champion
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Censorious said:

Teddy is still there, lots of Big Show still, lots of Sheamus still. I literally have zero hope for this show. I'll skip it on TV and watch on YT, will watch DB segment. I'll skim-watch ADR vs Sheamus and watch Ryback to see how he is. Dean Ambrose winning is a good sign even if it is a dark match. We need Rollins.

Crayo I think Smackdown is going to end up shutting down with only the supershow concept alive.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
Censorious said:

Ryback just did three quick moves according to ProWrestling.net.

Reading this really brought me down from the high on Monday. We know Raw's finest aren't going to Smackdown, that's not how Vince runs things. So the babyfaces we get to cheer for are... Orton, Sheamus, Show, and Great Khali, with special guest appearances from the random Raw mid-carders nobody care about (well, Santino and maybe Kofi, but they won't save the show).

That sucks. That really really really sucks.

There's no hope for this show until Sin Cara, Ted Dibiase, and Justin Gabriel get healthy (assuming they actually get TV time) or they finally become intelligent enough to push Tyson Kidd. But chances are all of them will be on Superstars since they aren't seven-foot tall or overpushed to the point of rejection.

Gah. Rant over.