WWE RAW 5th August 2013 - LIVE Discussion - YES! Man to Company Man

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Corporate Bryan looked sharp, wondered why Barrett was out there but it made sense in the end. Del Rio losing another match as champion isn't the best, but it was to RVD and thanks to a distraction so it wasn't as bad as some others. At least now without Ricardo he can get proper heel heat, Ricardo is too well liked by fans and it doesn't work anymore. Punk vs. Axel plus everything that happens after the match sounds good. Kofi finally back with plenty of time to go before NOC, wonder where he goes now with this run and if he can recreate himself to go to the next level. Tag match reads well, good to see another team in the division and hopefully they are regulars. It is good to see The Shield stand tall to end RAW again and involved in the mainevent again, puts them back where they were before and hopefully they do play a role at SummerSlam in the title match.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Pretty great RAW to be honest, lots of angles built.

Thought the Bryan/Vince angle was good and enjoyed the Bryan semi-shoot. Beard is here shirt was awesome.

Seems I got my wish with Del Rio and Ricardo splitting and Del Rio hopefully falling away from the title scene.

Cody/Sandow build was solid, shame about the crowd though.

Good Cena promo but it did humour when he got boring chants and it totally threw him off so he had to switch it up to get the fans back cheering.

Orton's beard :mark:

Tensai's beard :mark: :mark:

Everything about Layla fucking sucks, just drop her already. She hit her peak as part of Laycool but has been horrible ever since.

Punk/Brock was booked excellently I thought. Lesnar eventually overpowering the gritty never say die Punk. Wouldn't be disappointed at all to see them follow the same formula for SummerSlam.

Kofi :mark: Not so sure about the attire switchup, reminds me of D-X-pac.

Swagger/Cesaro are looking good as a team. Expect The Uso's to fall away into nothing again now they've had their little 2 month push.

Really digging Big E, just wish they would give him a better attire. Either revert back to the old singlet instead of this ball hugging one or just go straight shorts like Lashley used to have because he's certainly got the jacked physique to show off.

Awesome Orton tease too to close out the show, fans sounded hot for it.

Reaction score
The punk/lesnar/heyman segments are awesome and entertaining. I love their brawls. And Lol @ "paul, say something stupid." I will be watching Summerslam mainly for their match.

Gimmick

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Thought it was a pretty good Raw overall.

Really liked Cena's promo. He's so much better to listen to when he's highly confident going into a match, rather than acting like an underdog who'll try his best to succeed. He's an 11-time WWE champion, he should always be confident. His comments about how Bryan's success elsewhere is nothing compared to the being at the top of the WWE was great, as well as Bryan criticizing Cena's corporate stance in wrestling. All of it has added a bit of an edge to their buildup, which I felt it needed.

Enjoyed other parts of the show as well. Del Rio's beatdown on Ricardo was very good, as was the brawl between Lesnar and Punk.