WWE RAW 21st October 2013 - LIVE Discussion - Contract Signing

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Attitude era was a trifecta imo Rock HHH SCSA Eddie Jericho Benoit at their heels
Eddie was a midcarder in the Attitude Era, Mamacita he wasn't close to a main guy. People didnt even notice his disappearance during the invasion. He got big in the SD starting out as its own brand era.

Jericho was handed the Undiputed title as a placeholder then called what Bryan is called, a joke, everyone came to Rock in the rumble build and called him a joke to say they expected rock to win. Austin called him a joke and he was presented as one. Trips just put the nail in his coffin as he was the only one with a title match who had minimal run in interference to stop him from destroying said joke.

Benoit was a good hand, had a hit month after trips went down, got hurt and was given a thank you for being a good boy run like Henry.

You want to see the people at the heels of Rock, Austin, and the bad guy HHH ... You look at Taker, Angle, and Kane

Last edited:

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Edge took it well, less butt hurt than Jericho

"I think everyone forgets it's entertainment. Santa isn't real either. Or the Easter Bunny"

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Well considering Trips said Edge couldn't draw to his face earlier in this angle, I'd hope he wouldn't be offended.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Edge also saved all his money and has Haven, doubt he worries about his place in wrestling. Got his HOF ring and his girl and gets to act with Mr. Lahey from Trailer Park Boys.

RVD just said he didn't catch it, but sounded heated. Drunkicho strikes again.

Weez

Reaction score
Trips making Smarky comments on RAW, making Smarks smark.

"See Smark smark. Smark Smark. Smark."

It's an angle to piss people off. Jesus.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
RVD didnt see it, but business and money is business and money. Doubt he will care, as he doesn't have to like the guy he is working for as long as the check cashes, like most real world folks.

Jericho probably got the most worked up about the truth, but Trips can say it because Jericho will come back. He's not a true success away from wwe. He doesn't havea show like Haven to fall back on. His band is a flop, cool hobby but a flop grand scale. Books are dependent on wwe. And every show he's been affiliated with has gotten the plug pulled. He will suck it, bitch a little, but return as his other crafts and talents don't pay bills solo

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
I don't disagree with any of your other points, but is Haven really considered a "fall-back" show for Edge? Thought it nothing more than a hobby because I doubt it could be that good or rated that highly. I haven't ever seen it though, just struck me as odd that you'd call it that.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Eddie was a midcarder in the Attitude Era, Mamacita he wasn't close to a main guy. People didnt even notice his disappearance during the invasion. He got big in the SD starting out as its own brand era.

Jericho was handed the Undiputed title as a placeholder then called what Bryan is called, a joke, everyone came to Rock in the rumble build and called him a joke to say they expected rock to win. Austin called him a joke and he was presented as one. Trips just put the nail in his coffin as he was the only one with a title match who had minimal run in interference to stop him from destroying said joke.

Benoit was a good hand, had a hit month after trips went down, got hurt and was given a thank you for being a good boy run like Henry.

You want to see the people at the heels of Rock, Austin, and the bad guy HHH ... You look at Taker, Angle, and Kane

You know I don't even know why I forgot those three entirely C+ team then lol

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
I don't disagree with any of your other points, but is Haven really considered a "fall-back" show for Edge? Thought it nothing more than a hobby because I doubt it could be that good or rated that highly. I haven't ever seen it though, just struck me as odd that you'd call it that.

He's a full fledged cast member this season.

Honestly he made a lot of a bad situation.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
He's a full fledged cast member this season.

Honestly he made a lot of a bad situation.

Yeah, those culty shows run for a good while. Plus I like it, never liked anything Jericho did, his Ryan Seacrest games shows were terrible.

Legit lol'd when someone said Eddie was a top guy in 00, Chyna was numero cinco top guy in the company at that time.

And [MENTION=198]Weez[/MENTION] dizon't brizake kayfabe ffs. lol carny code unbreakable.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
You know I don't even know why I forgot those three entirely C+ team then lol
Lol its all good but you're correct. Its crazy how top heavy they were that Taker never actually won the strap, nor did Kane, and Angle was the comedy dork heel.

don't forget Shane, Vince, and Steph were regulars involved in physical action too

Last edited:

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Haven seems like a show that will give him a good 4-7 seasons on SyFy. It gets numbers for its network. Its not like it will ever be a thing or the show like Heroes, but it could form a cult fashion like Battlestar Galactica. That and it could always lead to more aimilar niche roles on other shows. I'd give Edge some credit; he just retired and walked into a role that he made work over forcing himself to hang around the business or latch on as an announcer or GM. He makes good money, has a good schedule, and seems to be happy with his health and travel plans.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Haven seems like a show that will give him a good 4-7 seasons on SyFy. It gets numbers for its network. Its not like it will ever be a thing or the show like Heroes, but it could form a cult fashion like Battlestar Galactica. That and it could always lead to more aimilar niche roles on other shows. I'd give Edge some credit; he just retired and walked into a role that he made work over forcing himself to hang around the business or latch on as an announcer or GM. He makes good money, has a good schedule, and seems to be happy with his health and travel plans.

He's actually probably the second or third best actor on the show.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
I've seen a bit of it and I agree. I've never marathon watched it to to truly get a grasp on the full story, but yeah Edge has always had some depth at playing different roles. Its not shocking as he seems to enjoy it and if he puts the effort he did into working matches into being ready for acting he should be pretty good/decent

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
I would say rewatch in the promo of the whole signing over, the worst thing is Bryan didnt really have anything he could adlib. Trips called him ugly, talked down to him, and all he responded was put in some gear and I'd out wrestle you. Maybe its because I'm used to him feuding with the guys he mentioned who would've tore him down from his nose to his suit to his wife, like big show was doing.

Watching Bryan try to respond is why trips took away scripted promos for bullet points from nxt at full sail. Guys need to work on the fly and shoot from the hip at times.

Last edited: