WWE RAW 21st January 2013 - LIVE Discussion

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
Gotta say that was a pretty decent raw and a good go-home show.

zigglerHEEL

Reaction score
my thoughts: The heel heat Vickie and Heyman got to start the show was incredible.... I REALLY hate when a midcard champion loses clean to a non-title holder, it further diminishes the tiny,tiny bit of credibility still associated with those belts..... Punk's promo was intense, short and to the point, and overall just great..... Rock's promo was great as well and I liked the Shield attack as it keeps them on everyone's mind going in to Sunday and further teases Punk's involvement witht the group...... The ending with Cena and everybody else was predictable but really the best way to promote the rumble match, a little surprised that PTP got to say their piece but Ryback only ran out with the rest of the jobbers.... Pretty good show leading into the Rumble

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
He lost to Orton and Wade to Seamus, ain't no shame in losing to multiple time world champs after going double digit minutes

zigglerHEEL

Reaction score
I know, it just bugs me... Cesaro has been just great as US champ and is very believable as champion. I guess I find it unnecessary for Orton to pick up that win (as if to say he could just go win that title at any time if he wanted, but he can't be bothered with an insignificant midcard belt) when he certainly doesn't need the win to get over. In my mind you don't put one of your champions in a no win situation.

Gimmick

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
While there's no shame in losing to a former WWE champion, I don't see why they had Orton of all people to end Cesaro's streak. A total wasted opportunity to have Cesaro go into WrestleMania undefeated against American's and possibly lose to someone who could do with the win a lot more. You really have to question WWE's booking sometimes.

Overall though I thought it was a good Raw. The Beat the Clock matches were decent for the most part and everything involving Punk and Rock was really entertaining.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
I'm pretty sure Cesaro has lost before

zigglerHEEL

Reaction score
He has, I think for me it would've made more sense to have Ziggler win his match first and then come out and interfere in both of the other matches to insure himself the choice, makes Ziggler all the more Heel and I'm just not a fan of the US champ going down clean when Orton gained absolutely nothing from it