WWE RAW 14th May 2012 - LIVE Discussion

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
I guess John Cena v Johnny Ace is now going to be the main event at OTL. Not the WWE Championship yet again.

Im hoping for fatal four way to end the show

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Im hoping for fatal four way to end the show
They want fans to care and paying customers to be happy and involved so neither World title will be defended as the main event. Not enough people care to actually watch Bryan, let alone a hodge podge of Jericho, Orton, and Del Rio. It will be Cena to go last because he sells, fans care, and that is what they pay to see not Bryan/Punk or the fatal 4 way, as that is what people stream illegally to see

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
After RAW went off the air, John Cena left the ring and went to the back.
The dark match was up next featuring CM Punk defending the WWE Championship against Chris Jericho. Punk defeated Jericho clean with the GTS.
Cena was then back out, and he teamed with Sheamus and Randy Orton to defeat Lord Tensai, Dolph Ziggler and Kane after Cena pinned Ziggler. After the match, all the faces hit their finishers on Ziggler.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Must have been an indifferent RAW again since the thread wasn't that popular. It is a good gauge for how good the show is, if it is 500+ posts it normally means it is good because it at least got people talking.

Big Show fired hopefully means a break for him, he can take some time off to rest and then they can refreshen his character a bit.

The stipulation for Ace vs. Cena makes me think that Ace will somehow win.

Heyman showing up with HHH is interesting and is probably one of the few things that I will check out.

Pretty weak that Kane goes from beating Show to getting a pre show match against Ryder at OTL.

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
Must have been an indifferent RAW again since the thread wasn't that popular. It is a good gauge for how good the show is, if it is 500+ posts it normally means it is good because it at least got people talking.

Big Show fired hopefully means a break for him, he can take some time off to rest and then they can refreshen his character a bit.

The stipulation for Ace vs. Cena makes me think that Ace will somehow win.

Heyman showing up with HHH is interesting and is probably one of the few things that I will check out.

Pretty weak that Kane goes from beating Show to getting a pre show match against Ryder at OTL.

Big Show returns and helps Ace beat Cena so he can have his job back. As everyone said.

Also it's funny how Kane is on pre-show and they announced it before his epic botched chokeslam.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Truly AWFUL Raw.

HHH's promo was just boring and took way too long. We got the idea after he initially quit the WWE, he could have sped it up a bit instead of speaking in that dull, drab voice. Heyman at least livened it up.

Big Show / Ace as I mentioned after it happened was truly one of the worst segments i've ever seen and can at least remember in my time watching wrestling.

John Cena / Ace was also truly, truly awful. Cena back to his comedic worst.

No surprise that two of the worst things on Raw involved Johnny Ace.

Only real highlight of the show was Orton/Jericho but that's the usually case with Orton, so no real surprises.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
What is the deal with RAW lately? Seems like post Extreme Rules the post WM rot has truely set in and WWE creative have dropped the ball. I don't really know what has changed, no Rock or Brock but other than that nothing else is really different. Too much focus on Johnny Ace and HHH in the non wrestling roles could be part of it.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Wouldn't surprise me if it's because of the short turn over to the next PPV and them thinking it's not gonna do any decent buys so they've just thrown together all sorts of matches with absolute ZERO buildup like the WWE Championship of all things.

Reaction score
I personally loved the Cena/Ace promo.. childish humor is funny every now and again...

as for HHH, It could have went quicker... But all in all I like the direction.

And for the Big slow, come on! He even gets fired in slow motion....

Last edited by a moderator:

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Show/Johnny was too long, like Avengers long, but not good.

Forced chuckles out of the announce just further makes the terrible jokes even worse.

And too much Johnny shit, and made it pretty obvs for another Show turn and he helps Johnny win.

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Why Del Rio Missed Raw
As seen last night, Alberto Del Rio did not appear on Raw, but he will be appearing at the Smackdown tapings tonight. Del Rio was flying back to the U.S. from a weekend promotional tour in Japan, which is why he wasn't able to appear on Raw last night.

Del Rio filled in for Rey Mysterio on the tour, who was unable to travel due to his current WWE suspension.

Lol I didn't really notice he was gone.