WWE RAW 10th October 2011 - LIVE Discussion

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
Not a bad ending at all,

I reckon The Lawsuit will make HHH/CM lose because Otunga & Johnny Ace were talking at the end of RAW. They're up to something.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Vengeance is going to be pretty good.

HHH/Punk vs. Awesome Truth - Should be a #1 Contender's... Wouldn't mind HHH/Punk as Tag Champs.

I can't see it being number one contenders because I don't know if HHH is back as a full time wrestler.

Hopefully next week they clear it up and announce that HHH is now a full time wrestler again.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Not a bad ending at all,

I reckon The Lawsuit will make HHH/CM lose because Otunga & Johnny Ace were talking at the end of RAW. They're up to something.

It was a good ending and it saved the show a bit.

I see them trying to screw HHH over again as well.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
They keep mentioning it but I don't know why it would go through anymore.

He's still COO just not in charge of Raw what that means who the hell knows seems like a weak ass storyline just to get lauranitis on tv and in charge though.

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
I'd see them as a faction, they can join Awesome Truth.

It'd work one way or another with them protecting Johnny Ace and making sure he keeps his job.

Leads up to Survivor Series.

Christian, Rhodes, Ziggler, Swagger, Otunga, Miz & Truth vs. Cena, Rock, HHH, CM Punk, Air Boom and someone else.

Prodigy

Banned
Reaction score
Show certainly bettered last weeks. Will post full thoughts when I wake up tommorow.

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
I'm off for a bit, I'll post a bit later.

Time to grab some lunch! So hungry!

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Well I came back to see the Punk/Del Rio match changed to a tag match and sure enough Miz and Truth were brought back. The tag match was kinda eh. Didn't care for it. The ending of the show with John boy and bowtie Otunga talking in the back just seemed a little off to me. In the end... I dunno. I'm just not impressed. It didn't really have that nice big ending. It just had that typical good guy ending with a win and on top.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
He's still COO just not in charge of Raw what that means who the hell knows seems like a weak ass storyline just to get lauranitis on tv and in charge though.

I don't really get the distinction between COO and RAW GM either. Surely HHH can over rule everything as he is COO. Eventually, hopefully by Survivor Series, it will be revealed that Johnny Ace was behind all this crap and then he will get fired.

I'd see them as a faction, they can join Awesome Truth.

It'd work one way or another with them protecting Johnny Ace and making sure he keeps his job.

Leads up to Survivor Series.

Christian, Rhodes, Ziggler, Swagger, Otunga, Miz & Truth vs. Cena, Rock, HHH, CM Punk, Air Boom and someone else.

I see them going 5 on 5 for the Survivor Series match so I would go Cena, Rock, HHH, Punk & Sheamus vs. Truth, Miz, Christian, Swagger & Ziggler

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Well I came back to see the Punk/Del Rio match changed to a tag match and sure enough Miz and Truth were brought back. The tag match was kinda eh. Didn't care for it. The ending of the show with John boy and bowtie Otunga talking in the back just seemed a little off to me. In the end... I dunno. I'm just not impressed. It didn't really have that nice big ending. It just had that typical good guy ending with a win and on top.

I liked that they brought back Miz and Truth and how after the match HHH went down and helped Punk attack those two. I like the match for Vengeance as well.

I didn't like how yet another match didn't have a clean finish.

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
Money In The Bank Poster

I believe that the crowd being red-hot made RAW quite interesting. If they didn't react then it might have been a DUD show but it was better than last weeks.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
It certainly did help having a hot crowd for the show. Always makes the show better when the crowd actually reacts to what is going on.

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Last week's Raw was shit. So by comparison this Raw was better. I was really intrigued to see how Raw would have been considering how it started. I mean it was interesting, it was new, it was fresh, it almost seemed to be on the cuff. Like you literally had no idea what was going to be happening after that match, no idea what would happen. It kept you at the edge of your seat. Like I had to sit there to see what would happen. That is what is missing from Raw. Surprises.

Because Vince comes out, names John boy the new GM or something and we're back to being spoonfed the same stuff we have been for the past few weeks.

I mean really who else was ready for a Raw with Sheamus, CM Punk, Triple H, John Cena, and whoever else might've wound up showing up? What would have happened next? What would be the next match? We were on our way to something special. That is how you build interest. Not replaying matches that you've been doing the past few weeks. That's why Raw just seems duller and duller despite the fan interaction. I can only watch Mark Henry vs. Randy Orton so many times before I'm sick of it. Only cause Mark Henry isn't a dynamic wrestler. He has one style. Christian vs. Orton was different every time and more exciting each time. Henry can't change a lot so you're stuck with the same type of match.

But yeah... Raw started good... ended like it usually does.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
It sucks how WWE ruined yet another potential awesome storyline. It was fantastic watching the first half of RAW because like you said it was different and you couldn't predict what would happen next. But then WWE had to ruin it. The ratings show that a lot of fans tuned in for the first half of RAW but then tuned out after the Johnny Ace segment. The rating dropped from 3.5 for the first hour to 3.0 to the second hour so hopefully WWE take notice and try to make RAW like it was the first hour last week.