WWE Network adds content from EVOLVE, Progress, wXw and ICW

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Starting this Saturday, the best independent promotions in the world are coming to WWE Network.

EVOLVE, PROGRESS Wrestling from England, Germany’s wXw and Scotland’s ICW will debut for subscribers to the award-winning streaming service, giving the WWE Universe the chance to see some of their favorite Superstars like never before. And this is just the beginning! You’ll continue to see footage from their libraries, as well as new and exciting content from all of these promotions on WWE Network in the weeks and months to come.

The first drop features a pair of compilations highlighting two of WWE and NXT’s top stars, along with full shows from each promotion.

The Best of Drew McIntyre in EVOLVE features the WWE Champion in action before his 2017 return to the company. You’ll see McIntyre in thrilling matches against the likes of Ricochet, Johnny Gargano, Roderick Strong, Aleister Black and Matt Riddle.

The Best of Keith Lee in EVOLVE features the NXT Champion coming into his own before making the jump to the black-and-gold brand. In this compilation, The Limitless One takes on Timothy Thatcher, WALTER and Riddle. The special also features a pair of early battles against his rival and close friend, Dominik Dijakovic.

Fans will get a look at Germany’s wXw and see different styles of combat on display. wXw AMBITION 11 is a one-night, smash-mouth tournament featuring NXT UK Champion WALTER and Timothy Thatcher setting out to punish the competition. Also featured from the wXw library is a one-night, all-women’s tournament, Femmes Fatale 2019.

PROGRESS Wrestling has been hailed as the jewel of the British independent scene, having catapulted Superstars like Pete Dunne, Mark Andrews, Flash Morgan Webster, Toni Storm and Grizzled Young Veterans onto a worldwide platform. PROGRESS Chapter 92 is highlighted by a hard-hitting battle for the PROGRESS Championship between WALTER and Ilja Dragunov.

The WWE Universe will also be introduced to the Scottish underground with Insane Championship Wrestling. Night 2 of Shug’s Hoose Party 5 sees WWE Hall of Famer Jeff Jarrett take over as commissioner for the evening, NXT UK’s Piper Niven in action, as well as viral video sensation Grado.

Check out the full list of shows debuting, and be sure to watch them all, starting this Saturday on the award-winning WWE Network!

EVOLVE
The Best of Drew McIntyre in EVOLVE
The Best of Keith Lee in EVOLVE

wXw
wXw Femme Fatales 2019
wXw AMBITION 11

PROGRESS Wrestling
Chapter 92

Insane Championship Wrestling
ICW Shug’s Hoose Party 5 – Night 2
I'm sure a bunch of you might enjoy this

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers

Vegeta

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
I’ll be glad when we get us some old shows. I’m gonna have fun watching all this old stuff.

Sent from my Nokia 3310 using Tapatalk

Necro

Hi, I'm Chucky. Wanna play?
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
owenhart
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
kotaibushi
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
WWE is adding content to the WWE Network, Sports Illustrated has learned.

WWE officials have confirmed that shows from EVOLVE, wXw, PROGRESS and Insane Championship Wrestling will begin airing on the WWE Network beginning this Saturday. The shows will add an international flair to the Network, with wXw based out of Germany, PROGRESS a staple of the English wrestling scene and ICW in Scotland.

The new content includes two “Best Of” compilation specials, which feature the work of Drew McIntyre in EVOLVE as well as Keith Lee’s rise in the same promotion.

“I absolutely never imagined matches from these companies, the places where I found myself in wrestling, are now going to be on the WWE Network,” said McIntyre, the reigning WWE Champion. “Hopefully they’re as good as I remember.”
“When you watch those shows, you’ll see people that were so hungry and wanted to make the industry grow. For me, it’s one of the coolest eras ever, and I was so grateful to be a face of independent wrestling. I was so excited to be on these shows, and I’m blown away that those matches, my history, are going to be on the Network.” matches against Chris Hero (EVOLVE 31 in 2014), Ricochet (EVOLVE 37 in 2015), Roderick Strong (EVOLVE 44 in 2015), Johnny Gargano (EVOLVE 65 in 2016), a series of two matches against Matt Riddle (EVOLVE 79 and 80 in 2017) and a tag match with Gargano against Hero and Tommy End, who now stars in WWE as Aleister Black, from EVOLVE 55 in 2016.

“That’s the period where I started to become the man I am today,” said McIntyre. “I found myself on the microphone and in the ring. Independent wrestling, as a whole, was really growing during that period of time. There were a number of incredible superstars in America and the U.K. that are now part of WWE, and it’s going to be incredible to relive that part of history.

The slate of shows released on Saturday include Insane Championship Wrestling’s Shug’s Hoose Party 5: Night 2 from 2018, wXw Femme Fatales 2019, wXw AMBITION 11 from 2019, and PROGRESS Wrestling’s Chapter 92 from 2019.

Matches on those cards feature an incredible collection of wrestling stars that include NXT’s Timothy Thatcher and WALTER, AEW’s Eddie Kingston, Ring of Honor’s Jonathan Gresham, independent stars LuFisto and Leyla Hirsch, and Jeff Cobb who is currently wrestling for New Japan Pro Wrestling. WWE also confirmed that more content from these promotions will soon be made available on the Network.

“This current run I am having does not happen without the independents,” said McIntyre. “I’d lost my passion for wrestling, the one thing I’d loved for as long back as I could remember. I didn’t just recapture it during this period of time, I took it to a whole new level.

“I was surrounded by so many talented, hungry individuals, people that were believing in me and pushing me. There is no WWE Championship for me without that run, and that period of time, as you’ll see, created a lot of superstars in WWE and throughout wrestling.”

Jimmy King

It’s Britney, bitch
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
DjUmJN2
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
eIHNFff
Favorite Sports Team
padres
Favorite Sports Team
Zjaonp3
You could say that WWE Network is Evolving 8D

This is cool news though for real.

• Wow
Reactions: Chris

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
Pretty cool news I've been itching to watch Evolve Wrestling for the first time.

Reactions: Vegeta

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
This is definitely good news, at least for viewers.