1. Welcome to the Wrestlingsmarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Dismiss Notice

WWE Main Event and Superstars Discussion

Discussion in 'General WWE' started by Anaconda Vice, Apr 17, 2016.

1. Anaconda Vice

Anaconda Vice Well-Known Member

stanhansen
    brusierbrody
    rickrude
    randysavage
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    So, rather than have two separate threads for these shows, I figured they could just be combined into one. Not sure if anyone else watches Main Event or Superstars but there's been a decent amount of good wrestling on them over the last few weeks. Thanks to the magic of Hulu, I've been keeping up on the shows and thought I'd offer some thoughts on the shows as they air. Hopefully some of you will check them out as well and we can get a little b-show discussion going.

Main Event this week had a couple of solid matches. First up was Heath Slater vs. Kalisto, which had a lot of fun moments with the SO outside and a hot finish. Apollo Crews then came out and beat Bo Dallas in another fun match. Main was Kevin Owens vs. Dolph Ziggler and was the usual ***+ tv match you get out of them, with the added bonus of Owens really amping up the trash talking. At one point he told Lawler that he was the headlock master and he was going to start buying shiny shirts like him! He also told an ugly fan to sit down and when the match was over he stole Rich Brennan's phone before smashing it at ringside. Owens is truly a great heel.

Superstars was an interesting one this week in the sense that we got a bit of a look into Ryback's recent disgruntled psyche. He didn't even do his "wake up it's feeding time" before his match with Damien Sandow and he looked pretty lethargic in the ring for the most part. It's entirely possible that he's just going through the motions right now as he's recently hinted he's unhappy with his spot on the card. On the other hand, Sandow is still super-over and worked his ass off so the match turned out solid. Second match was Tyler Breeze vs. Dolph Ziggler (working two days in a row) and it was damn good for the time they got. Breeze came up with one of the most obvious counters ever to the baseball slide when he just pulled the ring apron up, trapping Dolph and setting him up for a super kick. Breeze looked really good here, it's a shame they aren't finding a place for him on the bigger shows but never say never.

2. JakeYourBooty

JakeYourBooty Hey Yo

scotthall
    kevinnash
    hhh
    shawnmichaels
    shaneomac
    nwo
    Breeze and Sandow are both criminally underutilized if Ryback ain't happy then leave...don't drag down the product

3. Jimmy King

Jimmy King Walk On Water

Agreed about Breeze and Sandow.

I was in attendance for Main Event and it was a pretty solid show all around, I especially dug Owens/Ziggler. I'll have to check out Superstars because I'd like to see both of those matches that you mentioned.