WWE Main Event Discussion

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
e1ef0SR.png

2qQnZHG.png

So, rather than have two separate threads for these shows, I figured they could just be combined into one. Not sure if anyone else watches Main Event or Superstars but there's been a decent amount of good wrestling on them over the last few weeks. Thanks to the magic of Hulu, I've been keeping up on the shows and thought I'd offer some thoughts on the shows as they air. Hopefully some of you will check them out as well and we can get a little b-show discussion going.

Main Event this week had a couple of solid matches. First up was Heath Slater vs. Kalisto, which had a lot of fun moments with the SO outside and a hot finish. Apollo Crews then came out and beat Bo Dallas in another fun match. Main was Kevin Owens vs. Dolph Ziggler and was the usual ***+ tv match you get out of them, with the added bonus of Owens really amping up the trash talking. At one point he told Lawler that he was the headlock master and he was going to start buying shiny shirts like him! He also told an ugly fan to sit down and when the match was over he stole Rich Brennan's phone before smashing it at ringside. Owens is truly a great heel.

Superstars was an interesting one this week in the sense that we got a bit of a look into Ryback's recent disgruntled psyche. He didn't even do his "wake up it's feeding time" before his match with Damien Sandow and he looked pretty lethargic in the ring for the most part. It's entirely possible that he's just going through the motions right now as he's recently hinted he's unhappy with his spot on the card. On the other hand, Sandow is still super-over and worked his ass off so the match turned out solid. Second match was Tyler Breeze vs. Dolph Ziggler (working two days in a row) and it was damn good for the time they got. Breeze came up with one of the most obvious counters ever to the baseball slide when he just pulled the ring apron up, trapping Dolph and setting him up for a super kick. Breeze looked really good here, it's a shame they aren't finding a place for him on the bigger shows but never say never.

Gentleman Jake

You Must Have Me Confused with Someone Far Less Awesome
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Breeze and Sandow are both criminally underutilized if Ryback ain't happy then leave...don't drag down the product

Jimmy King

It’s Britney, bitch
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
DjUmJN2
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
eIHNFff
Favorite Sports Team
padres
Favorite Sports Team
Zjaonp3
Agreed about Breeze and Sandow.

I was in attendance for Main Event and it was a pretty solid show all around, I especially dug Owens/Ziggler. I'll have to check out Superstars because I'd like to see both of those matches that you mentioned.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
I found an old thread to talk to myself about Main Event in :garrett Just had to change the title since Superstars isn't a thing anymore :slip:

Anyway, T-BAR and Mace vs Lucha House Party and Ricochet vs Drew Gulak were this week. I maintain that even with the stupid names, Mace and T-Bar can be fun in the tag division....just like strip away the gimmick more and more each appearance until they're just guys fighting or something.

Gulak/Ricochet had a fucking banger :WOW they've had one recently if I'm not mistaken that only got around 4 minutes or so that made me want more and this was satisfying af.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Kross/Benjamin and Gulak/Reed were both actually a good bit of fun this week :WOW

Also funny that they didn't have Scarlett with Kross but she was still featured pretty prominently in the video package to hype him up before his match lol

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Not as meaningless of an episode this week actually. Veer (one of Jinder's sidekicks) made his in-ring debut and beat Gulak in your average squash match.

T-BAR and Mace vs Lucha House Party was solid enough and for the life of me I still swear those teams can be solid mid card tag teams if they were used more

Reactions: Necro

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Garza/Benjamin was nice this week, gave em decent time and they worked hard.

But bruh Veer beat Jeff Hardy, who didn't even have facepaint on in mostly a squash :DEAD:

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Yo Cedric had a do-rag on Main Event this week :DEAD:

Banger of a match against Ricochet tho

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Bro they didn't cut out the "We Want Wyatt" chants for the Goldberg/Lashley segment for the Main Event replay :lol

Lince Dorado vs Angel Garza fucking ruled in the short time it got, Garza looked like a fucking star. Ryker vs Alexander really wasn't bad either, couldn't bring myself to give much of a shit there tho

Sky

TOTAL NONSTOP ACTION
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
velvetsky
Lince Dorado vs Angel Garza fucking ruled in the short time it got, Garza looked like a fucking star.
How isn't there room for this on a 3-hour Raw? That's one that could get both the crowd and the TV audience hyped and actually provide a redeeming factor for that piece of shit show

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Some debuts on Main Event this week

Aliyah defeated Dakota Kai

Odyssey Jones defeated Austin Theory

Necro

Hi, I'm Chucky. Wanna play?
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
owenhart
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
kotaibushi
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
WWE MAIN EVENT REPORT

By Richard Trionfo on 2021-08-12 17:46:00
We are in Orlando, Florida and your announcers are Kevin Patrick and Byron Saxton.

Match Number One: Dakota Kai versus Aliyah

They lock up and Kai with a waist lock and Aliyah with a wrist lock. Aliyah backs into the ropes to avoid Kai. They lock up and they go into the corner. Aliyah with a kick on the break and a side head lock. Kai with an arm drag and a second one into an arm bar. Aliyah with an Irish whip and Kai floats over and gets a near fall with a rollup. Kai with a drop kick for a near fall.

Kai misses the Yakuza Kick and Aliyah with a an elevated clothesline for a near fall. Aliyah chokes Kai in the ropes and then hits a neck breaker for a near fall. Aliyah with a knee in the corner followed by a hair mare. Kai avoids being sent into the turnbuckles and Kai sends Aliyah into the turnbuckles. Aliyah with a clothesline for a near fall. Aliyah with a straitjacket choke. Aliyah jumps on Kai’s back and Kai backs Aliyah into the turnbuckles. Kai with a snap mare and both women go for take downs at the same time. Kai with a forearm and scorpion kick followed by a hard Irish whip. Kai with a face wash and she sets for the Yakuza Kick from second followed by Kairopractor for a near fall. Kai gets Aliyah up but Aliyah escapes.

Aliyah with a Northern Lights suplex for a near fall. Kai with an inside cradle for a near fall. Aliyah with a kick and Irish whip but she misses a boot in the corner. Kai with a rollup for a near fall. Aliyah sends Kai into the ropes and Aliyah with a DDT for the three count.

Winner: Aliyah

We take a a look at the situation between Sasha Banks and Bianca Belair along with an intervention from Zelina Vega.

We go to commercial.

We are back with a look at Zelina Vega versus Bianca Belair from Smackdown.

We take a look at the contract signing fiasco and Finn Balor calling out Roman Reigns.

We go to commercial.

We are back with a look at Rhea Ripley versus Nikki A.S.H.

We go to commercial.

Match Number Two: Odyssey Jones versus Austin Theory

They lock up and Jones backs Theory into the corner and Jones with a clean break but Theory with a side head lock. Theory goes for a rollup but Jones stays on his feet. Jones misses a stomp and Theory with a waist lock but Jones tosses Theory aside. Theory goes to the floor to regroup. Jones blocks a kick and Theory with a side head lok. Theory goes for a flying shoulder tackle and bounces off Jones.

Jones gets Theory up for a slam but Theory gets to the apron and drops Jones on the top rope. Theory with a slingshot rolling drop kick. Jones sends Theory over the top rope to the floor.

We go to commercial.

We are back and Jones with an Irish whip but he moves out of the corner and Jones hits the ring post shoulder first. Theory with a DDT for a near fall. Theory with more near falls. Theory with a rear chin lock. Theory with forearms to the back and he clips Jones. Theory returns to the rear chin lock. Jones gets to his feet and Theory hangs off Jones’ back. Theory with forearms and knees. Theory tries to get Jones up but Jones’ weight forces Theory to the mat.

Jones with a body block and a running hip into the corner. Theory with a back elbow and forearm. Jones with a uranage and he goes to the turnbuckles. Theory with a forearm and Jones head butts Theory to the mat. Jones with a frog splash for the three count.

Winner: Odyssey Jones

We take a look at the relationship between Randy Orton and Riddle.

We go to commercial.

We are back with a look at Randy Orton versus AJ Styles.

We go to credits.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Bro not only did Aliyah win but she kicked out of all Dakota's shit and almost botched the finish :lmao ngl this was probably the best match of Aliyah's life too though

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Oh I think Aliyah got another new theme song, gotta be over 20 total at this point