WWE haven't done enough with The Shield imo

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Mustafar Reginald

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
Crayo said:
You grossly misunderstood my point I think. When they first arrived on the scene they portrayed themselves as shining white knights who commit actions for the greater purpose, right? To keep the WWE from injustice. They were basically ruthless faces if you look at it from a logic point of view. Their intentions wasn't what made them heels, it was who they were attacking. However, if they're getting paid by arguably the biggest heel in the company, then their aura of "righting injustices" has gone. Why? Because they were doing it for the money and were promoted as being corrupt. I don't know how you can argue against that.

I have no issues with them saying it's for justice now, because now they are cutting heel promos. Why? Because they're obviously lying. It's not simply a "I want more info :(" type rant, it's simply the lack of back story makes it look like lazy booking. They cut this promo against Cena about how he is the face of all this injustice, and then simply leave him alone. Obviously they can't continue to attack him because he is preoccupied, but address it. If they're simply going to end that feud then have Shield say WHY they're continuing their attacks on Orton and Sheamus. What's their motivation now for all these attacks? Injustice? They really need to have Michael Cole interview them for example and have them blatantly show a side of hypocrisy to further their heel persona, and to give fans a reason to care.

Well, I totally get were you're coming from now, however that doesn't really seem like a problem of no back story but more of a problem with character deterioration. Anyway, I got a few things to talk about here . . .

I. They did address why they stopped attacking Cena. In the first promo I posted, Rollins said they "Solved the John Cena Problem," so pretty much, they figure just beating him in the match was a good enough for them. I mean, that has its problems but I suppose that's the best they could do considering they really can't continue that feud. It does seem to fit their pattern though, as they stopped facing people before after simply beating them in a match.

II. Again, Sheamus and Orton keep getting involved with them. Like when they tried to attack Mick Foley as just one example (another more recent one would be Sheamus & Orton working together in order to RKO Rollins [?, I don't remember who it was]). I do agree that having a promo or an interview of such would be a welcome addition to this story but I'm going to echo something Lockard said in the RTWM thread, we still have four weeks to go. There is time for that to happen, and I'm sure it will. Well, maybe not address Heyman and all that, but at least what's currently going on.

III. I don't entirely buy into the whole they are just lying about justice thing considering them doing that would literally make no sense as their is no benefit at all for them doing it. I always thought they had a perverse sense of justice, considering their methods around fixing it and several of their reasons for attacking superstars (like the reason they initial attacked Orton is stupid on so many levels), granted that could've been because they were lying but meh, they've still given me no real reason to believe they were. Them being hired by Heyman just adds another level of their hypocrisies, but it doesn't automatically mean that everything they said was negated of all mean. They're still working for each-other, that much is obvious but they still could be working of their sense of justice. Yes, I realize this aligns with your point on we shouldn't have to be saying could, but that's irrelevant to my point here. Oh, and in case I forgot to mention (multitasking and just posting whatever comes out of my head hinders my ability to remember everything I posted), just being promoted to be corrupt, doesn't necessarily mean they are and furthermore doesn't necessarily mean that they have different values then what was first presented.

IV. Finally, as I said previously the whole point of my original post in this thread was not to say WWE is doing perfectly with them, that this is the ideal situation, or anything to state that WWE has been reached their potential. Their are plenty of changes that could be made in the booking of The Shield that would make them much more interesting or better. Hell, one would be never having them aligned with Heyman, which I've never been for and still would've preferred it didn't happen. However, that doesn't mean I think what they're doing with The Shield is bad. I don't think their are many problems with their booking, and I think they've been handling the Heyman reveal pretty good considering how much I hated that idea (i.e. still having the focus of The Shield's action on The Shield rather than shifting focus away from them to do this whole big liar reveal affair). Maybe it's because The Shield is the one thing in WWE that holds my interest even a little, but when not comparing it to that "What could've been" I think its been pretty good. I just don't see that many flaws looking at it from an objective point of view, and subjectively I don't have many problems with it all things considered.

They're attacking Orton because he attacked Maddox? But The shield beat the living shit out of Maddox so? We need more than what we are given, and with a story so good and the talent being used so perfect, it's a shame we're left with lazy booking. I don't see The shield being promoted as the dangerous group any more; they're simply dwindling in a feud where the motive is "well they attacked us back". How creative. They deserve better.

Ah no, they initially attacked Orton months ago because of his match against Maddox. They then stopped because they taught him his lesson, but those initially attacks provided the fuel for Orton to keep going after them (and then stop why the Chamber came around, then continue after he lost).

As for their motive to be they attacked us back, it's not creative or anything, but it is the most logical development in this type of feud and was always going to happen. What do you expect, the big superstars they've attacked, especially with characters like Sheamus & Orton, not to rise up and try to exact revenge (especially considering the time of year)? It would be Blue of them not to try and deal with the problem at hand, especially considering who the problem is.