WWE Elimination Chamber Live Discussion - February 19, 2022

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Sabretooth

Reaction score
Idk I don’t think burying your entire roster in favor of one person is a good idea but what do I know

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Sports Team
u1fTOMX
Favorite Sports Team
wild
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Favorite Sports Team
pUtq1ms
Idk I don’t think burying your entire roster in favor of one person is a good idea but what do I know

Who's being buried exactly?

Reactions: Death Walker

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Sports Team
u1fTOMX
Favorite Sports Team
wild
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Favorite Sports Team
pUtq1ms
Squashed would probably be a more apt term, but it's not like everyone is going to be lesser for it.

Rollins has already beaten Lesnar. Clean. Three Times. He'll be fine.

AJ Styles has been doing midcard stuff for a while but came extremely close to beating Lesnar back in 2017. Not to mention AJ will always be seen as a top guy, so he's not really gonna be hurt by this loss.

Riddle isn't exactly a main eventer, more an upper-midcarder slotted in.

and Austin Theory got to have not only an awesome spot with Lesnar, but got in the most offense of anyone, and also should be noted, is on the upswing. He's going to be the only one that'll be "buried" if years later WWE chooses not to capitalize on his talents as an incredible performer.

Bobby Lashley was legitimately injured for some time so the question is why was he given the title in the first place just to give it back to Lesnar; outside of that though, Lashley with MVP has been fucking money and proven to be a top guy, so I dunno.

Just don't see how this can be considered a burial when for the most part everyone will be about the same position-wise as they did entering the match, not for the worse (maybe Riddle and Theory down the line).

Sabretooth

Reaction score
Squashed would probably be a more apt term, but it's not like everyone is going to be lesser for it.

Rollins has already beaten Lesnar. Clean. Three Times. He'll be fine.

AJ Styles has been doing midcard stuff for a while but came extremely close to beating Lesnar back in 2017. Not to mention AJ will always be seen as a top guy, so he's not really gonna be hurt by this loss.

Riddle isn't exactly a main eventer, more an upper-midcarder slotted in.

and Austin Theory got to have not only an awesome spot with Lesnar, but got in the most offense of anyone, and also should be noted, is on the upswing. He's going to be the only one that'll be "buried" if years later WWE chooses not to capitalize on his talents as an incredible performer.

Bobby Lashley was legitimately injured for some time so the question is why was he given the title in the first place just to give it back to Lesnar; outside of that though, Lashley with MVP has been fucking money and proven to be a top guy, so I dunno.

Just don't see how this can be considered a burial when for the most part everyone will be about the same position-wise as they did entering the match, not for the worse (maybe Riddle and Theory down the line).

You right. It’s not gonna matter much. It just doesn’t look great when you make it look like one person on the roster can easily kill everyone imo. No big deal at the end of the day I’m sure.

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Sports Team
u1fTOMX
Favorite Sports Team
wild
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Favorite Sports Team
pUtq1ms
Now that I think about it, IIRC, Seth Rollins is 3-6 against Lesnar in any capacity, but 2-1 in 1-on-1 matchups.

Royal Rumble 2015 - L
WrestleMania 31 - W
BattleGround 2015 - L
WrestleMania 35 - W
Extreme Rules - L
SummerSlam 2019 - W
Day 1 - L
Elimination Chamber - L

Reactions: Sabretooth

InSaNe

I lost it. I'm InSaNe!
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
bullyray
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Sports Team
6yloAaa
Who's being buried exactly?

Will you JUST take off your glasses and watch that? What do you see? 3 guys exchange blows, and Brock goes in there ...and pins 2 people in less then 10 seconds of each other.

Sigh. C'mon. I can't be the ONLY person who sees this?

Lady Redfield

Itchy tasty
Reaction score
I am just sad Styles got done dirty in that match. As said, it likely won’t hurt him in any way, he’s just better than that. Good on Theory for getting some hits in, not really surprised they let that happen since Vince seems to see something big in him.

Darkavius

Reaction score
Not me. Bianca is stale as fuck and her supercena run is boring. Her first run was also boring so I’m filled with zero optimism this time around. Also the promos are going to be horrible.

You're not entirely wrong here. It's going to be a lot on Lynch to make the promos for this match interesting. As good as Belair is in the ring she's not a good as a face on the mic. If I remember correctly she's much better on the mic as a heel. I thought there was more potential if Lynch faced Ripley at Mania but what do I know? I thought Lita/Lynch was going to be meh.

Soooo.... you're gonna take... Brock Lesnar winning the WWE title for a millionth time, and he technically has 3 shots at titles of his choosing. He just won a WWE title. If he exhausts his other chances, guess what? He got one; Royal Rumble. Against Roman Reigns. Here's the issue, Vince is alienating the universe, by sacrificing a up and coming superstar storyline.

Brock is face now, and is a big draw, but this decision is going to hurt WWE somewhere down the road. The WHOLE point of Royal Rumble is the element of surprise. Or the underdog's journey. Or the up-and-coming superstar like Seth, Riddle, or other veterans like AJ Styles. Austin Theory was NOT going to win, its too early for him.

People want something new.

Brock has one too many title shots, that people will notice it.

I think an exception can be made here with only one condition. This has to be the last time we see Lesnar and Reigns face off against each other. My fear is that we'll get Lesnar/Reigns for Mania and then get Lesnar/Reigns again for Backlash, which gets to your point about seeing something new.

InSaNe

I lost it. I'm InSaNe!
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
bullyray
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Sports Team
6yloAaa
I think an exception can be made here with only one condition. This has to be the last time we see Lesnar and Reigns face off against each other. My fear is that we'll get Lesnar/Reigns for Mania and then get Lesnar/Reigns again for Backlash, which gets to your point about seeing something new.
That's actually what's going to happen. The third title shot is the rematch clause or at least the "I'm fucking Brock Lesnar, bitch.. whatcha gonna do!?"