WWE considered taking a shot at UFC this week

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
- The topic of UFC canceling their upcoming pay-per-view was a hot topic backstage at WWE this week. WWE officials considered taking a shot at UFC by having a line on RAW about how they never cancel pay-per-view events.

Read more: http://www.pwmania.com/backstage-news-on-rybacks-character-john-morrison-melina-latest-ufc-wwe-note#ixzz24wnaBHCi

Lol'd

Robbie Coletrain

Big Robbie
Reaction score
It would be funny but why do they feel they constantly have to compete with UFC, it was all they were shouting about during HHH v Lesnar, it bugs me.

Matt

Champion
Reaction score
:O why didnt they do it?

Farooq

Chairwoman of The New Day
Reaction score
:facepalm1: Pointless and stupid, instead of paying attention to UFC how about you take care of all your wrestlers first? It's just going to piss off the people at UFC.

Y2J Enigma

The Artiste
Reaction score
I laughed then moved on with my life.

UFC need to move on, end of story.

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
I doubt they seriously considered this. It's either total crap Meltzer is spewing or probably one of the creative members just made an off hand suggestion that got shot down.

WWE doesn't want its fans to know that the UFC exists.

Lockard 23

The WWF/E Guru
Reaction score
I can believe that they considered taking a shot. Vince always says they are not in direct competition with the UFC, but I've always gotten the feeling that's just because UFC is kicking WWE's ass in PPV buyrates and Vince doesn't like it. You have to know that when/if the WWE ever does score a bigger PPV buyrate than the recent big UFC fight, it will appear automatically on their very next "Did You Know?" trivia BS that they do on Raw every week. It's hard to brag when you're losing, though.

Farooq

Chairwoman of The New Day
Reaction score
:haha: Bullshit, every time Brock Lesnar comes out they make a big deal saying he went to UFC and became the UFC Champion.

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
They like mentioning UFC but I don't think they should. It accomplishes nothing, makes it look like they care when they always say they're different companies, and we all know that companies which care more about taking shots at other companies instead of their own product don't end up well.