WWE Confirms Two Legends For RAW 1/9/17

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Rosie

Dark Side
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
I don't think its ratings tbh, Taker is there for Mania as usual and HBK is promoting WWE's newest film.

Fair point, although the fact that Raw's ratings have slipped and Smackdown's has risen, they kind of need eyeballs on Raw.

Rosie

Dark Side
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
You could go with that if you want, I think Smackdown winning was a major one off.

I say while it could be a one off from all the title matches, considering whenever I look at the Rate threads it is almost always SD winning, and watching it myself I prefer SD, you never know. We're just a small sample of wrestling fans.

MGS32

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
I say while it could be a one off from all the title matches, considering whenever I look at the Rate threads it is almost always SD winning, and watching it myself I prefer SD, you never know. We're just a small sample of wrestling fans.
Oh no definitely the gap between Raw and Smackdown is closing rapidly but I don't see Smackdown overtaking until at least next fall. The ratings always improve over Mania and the quality of WWE is always at a peak during the Summer, Raw's ratings will improve but who knows Smackdown could overtake Raw during the Mania build up but I think the most likely outcome is next fall and I feel its not so much if its more so of when.

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
It is funny how SmackDown is the better show yet Raw still somehow gets more viewers and attention.

They must know that Raw is hurting though, seeing as they have Undertaker AND HBK on the same night for Raw.

RedDwarfTechy

WWEF's Resident Hologram
Reaction score
It is funny how SmackDown is the better show yet Raw still somehow gets more viewers and attention.

They must know that Raw is hurting though, seeing as they have Undertaker AND HBK on the same night for Raw.

I'm guessing a lot of that is down to marketing and ads. Not to mention that Raw caters to the 'casual' fans so someone out of the loop might be under the impression that Raw is the show to watch and smackdown not so much (without even watching it).

Reactions: Solid Snake

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
I'm guessing a lot of that is down to marketing and ads. Not to mention that Raw caters to the 'casual' fans so someone out of the loop might be under the impression that Raw is the show to watch and smackdown not so much (without even watching it).

Yeah this is true. I mean if you don't follow WWE regularly then Raw tends to be the one that is recommended. SmackDown seems to have deeper story-lines as well so if you miss a week or two, you may get confused or lost on what is going on.

Gembo

The Showoff
Reaction score
They've got me hyped. I know it's probably just a ploy to get more viewers, but my favourite wrestler of all time and the Undertaker are both returning on the one night. Maybe we'll see an announcement for the Undertaker-Cena match we've all been waiting for forever. Maybe Shawn Michaels will announce one more match. Sure it's highly unlikely, but it's intriguing and has got me excited for wrestling like I haven't been for a while.