WWE Confirms Tito Ortiz At The WWE Performance Center, News On How He Did In The Ring

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Buffy

The Vampire Slayer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
bretthart
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Sports Team
Aed870G
WWE has confirmed that UFC Hall of Famer Tito Ortiz was training at the WWE Performance Center in Orlando last week.

WWE confirmed that Tito was training at the Performance Center, but did not give any further details, according to Marc Raimondi of ESPN. As noted before, via PWInsider, the 45 year old Ortiz was at the PC for something of an introductory meeting between the two sides, which was spread out over several days so Tito and WWE could feel each other out to see if they might be able to work together in the future. Ortiz reportedly did some pro wrestling training in the ring and familiarized himself with the WWE system while he was there.

ESPN noted that their sources say Ortiz "did well" in his pro wrestling training at the Performance Center last week.

There's no word yet on how serious Tito is about wrestling, or if WWE has any further interest. Tito recently posted a photo of the new "Living the American Dream" t-shirt from his Punishment Athletes company. As seen below, that t-shirt featured a logo in the style of the WWE Saturday's Night Main Event logo. Tito tagged WWE in that post.

A fan commented on how they liked the SNME-feel of the logo and Ortiz replied, "100%"

Tito's last MMA fight came in December for the Combate Americas promotion - a win over former WWE Champion Alberto Del Rio. Ortiz reportedly signed a multi-fight deal with Combate Americas last year, but there's no word yet on his next fight. Ortiz, a lifelong pro wrestling fan who made a few appearances for Impact Wrestling in 2005 and 2013, spoke with Wrestling Inc. last December and expressed interest in pursuing a wrestling career.

"You don't understand, I'm a huge wrestling fan and not even just a wrestling fan, I've always wanted to be a professional wrestler," Ortiz said. "Just because I know I could smash guys; I don't think guys would last that long with me, honestly. As far as the acrobatics and everything, I can pull these things off, I can do these things. I know the moves, I've done the moves, I put myself through camps before with professional wrestlers."

Ortiz also made an interesting tweet on the last day of January where he said he was training for something he's wanted his whole life.

"Christmas, New Years and my birthday is over. Now time to put in hard work for #2020. I dreamt about it my whole life. Seize the moment and get it! #neverquit #lifecomesfullcircle #HBBadBoy4Life," he wrote, in what could be a reference to WWE.

A fan responded if Tito was getting ready for another fight and he responded, "The training has begun."
Source: https://www.wrestlinginc.com/news/2...o-ortiz-at-the-wwe-performance-center-666638/

Petty

If You Smell....
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock3
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
FqVfLpp
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
Favorite Sports Team
hwhonWK
Favorite Sports Team
1uls6gJ
Favorite Sports Team
VLDeBdf
Favorite Sports Team
5HahPWE
Oh god, another MMA guy in WWE.

Will the stupid shit ever stop?

Probably not.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
That's former Aces and Eights member, Tito Ortiz

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Tito is to old ....more MMA guys imo.

These geeky fans who are in the ring are drawing flies.....time for actual draws to right the ship.

Reactions: utvolzac

Sabretooth

Reaction score
Great another Cain valasquez.