WWE.com - Sheamus makes list of people he wants to wrestle

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
- WWE's website has a new article up looking at seven Superstars that World Heavyweight Champion Sheamus wants to fight. He listed Big Show, CM Punk, Brock Lesnar, Kane, Wade Barrett, Randy Orton and The Undertaker.

Here's what Sheamus had to say about each:

Undertaker: "I’ve
achieved pretty much everything — WWE Champion, World Heavyweight Champion, Royal Rumble winner, King of the Ring — all that’s left for me to do really is to take out The Streak."

Orton: "Me and [Randy] Orton are no strangers to each other. I have a lot of respect for him, though I’m not sure how he feels about me. If he’s top contender for the World Heavyweight Championship, I’m more than happy to give him that opportunity."

Barrett: "There’s a good rivalry between Ireland and England. Barrett and I definitely mixed it up in the past. It’s never pretty, but it’s always a great fight and I’m sure there’s going to be plenty more opportunities for people to see the two of us go at it."

Kane: "I’ve faced off with Kane before. He’s another larger-than-life Superstar. It doesn’t
happen a lot, but I’d be the smaller guy in that fight. That’s OK — it would be great to go in there and mix it up with [The Big RedMonster]."

Punk: "I think a match with [CM] Punk would be great. Talking about dream matches, I think the WWE Champion against the World Heavyweight Champion is a match people would like to see. He
calls himself 'The Best in the World' — I’d like him to prove it in the ring with me."

Show: "Big Show has achieved so much in WWE, and for me, the tougher the fight, the better. And what tougher fight is there than against the 7-foot giant?"

Lesnar: "Brock Lesnar? Absolutely, fella. [He’s a] fellow ginger with an aggressive streak in him. You talk about how aggressive I am, but I think [Lesnar] would definitely be one of the toughest opponents I’d face in my life."

Although the article is kayfabe, I always thought Sheamus would make a good addition to Undertaker's streak.

Thoughts on some of the other match-up ideas ?

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Yeah I think they could book a old school power man feud between him and Lesnar and the Taker one appeals too. So it seems that apart from Orton he has not really faced any of the others on that list yet which does show you the possibilties he still has. Maybe a move to raw would be good?

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
This is what really stood out to me;

"I’ve achieved pretty much everything — WWE Champion, World Heavyweight Champion, Royal Rumble winner, King of the Ring — all that’s left for me to do really is to take out The Streak."

He has done a lot so far but even so I wouldn't be placing him up there with the best of his generation just yet. Still it is crazy that he has pretty much won every big title or event there is to win in WWE.

Sheamus versus Barrett, Undertaker and Lesnar are three feuds that I want to see. Barrett and Sheamus would be a good battle between two younger guys and two guys that should be staples in WWE for the next five years. He would be a good opponent for Taker and a good addition to the Streak. Lesnar and Sheamus would be a good brawl and Sheamus is someone that looks like he could stand toe to toe with him.

Schmidty

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
bobbyroode2
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
albertodelrio2
Favorite Wrestler
bige
Favorite Wrestler
sheamus2
I like the idea of Punk/Sheamus.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
I honestly think Sheamus is that good he can pretty much face any guy regardless of their size and style and he could still have a damn good match.

I still want to see a full on feud with Tensai because them two put on a very good TV match on SD which looked stiff as fuck.

Style wise a match with Taker has all the potential, i'm just unsure on Taker's ability and whether he needs the No DQ stipulations and what not to mask some of the wear and tear his body has taken.

I think Rey could be an awesome match aswell, although i'm not sure if they've faced off.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I honestly think Sheamus is that good he can pretty much face any guy regardless of their size and style and he could still have a damn good match.

I still want to see a full on feud with Tensai because them two put on a very good TV match on SD which looked stiff as fuck.

Style wise a match with Taker has all the potential, i'm just unsure on Taker's ability and whether he needs the No DQ stipulations and what not to mask some of the wear and tear his body has taken.

I think Rey could be an awesome match aswell, although i'm not sure if they've faced off.

I agree with this but it will probably never happen. Tensai continues to be buried even though he hasn't done much wrong.

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
themiz
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
paulheyman
I want to say Sheamus/Punk because I want a title unification match dammit!!! WWE has already integrated the
shows, so instead of each show having one champ, both of them have two! They either need to have
Punk/Sheamus ASAP or split the shows again.

Prodigy

Banned
Reaction score
I like all the suggestions apart from the match with Show of course.

Out of all of them, a match with The Undertaker would be great for Sheamus, and even if it was face vs face, the feud would be good and Sheamus would get a massive rub off it.

Pete

Reaction score
This may be setting up a Sheamus-Taker squash next Wrestlemania. The big guy is out of real opponents, after all - unless they feed him Lesnar (or maybe Punk), his next WM match is bound to be a squash of someone like Sheamus.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
This is what really stood out to me;

"I’ve achieved pretty much everything — WWE Champion, World Heavyweight Champion, Royal Rumble winner, King of the Ring — all that’s left for me to do really is to take out The Streak."

He has done a lot so far but even so I wouldn't be placing him up there with the best of his generation just yet. Still it is crazy that he has pretty much won every big title or event there is to win in WWE. Sheamus versus Barrett, Undertaker and Lesnar are three feuds that I want to see. Barrett and Sheamus would be a good battle between two younger guys and two guys that should be staples in WWE for the next five years. He would be a good opponent for Taker and a good addition to the Streak. Lesnar and Sheamus would be a good brawl and Sheamus is someone that looks like he could stand toe to toe with him.

Shows you one of the basic flaws with WWE nowadays, in the past it used to take guys years to win all that.

Kingslayer

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
damiensandow
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
wadebarrett
Not interested in any of those feuds other than a Barrett feud over the belt, in which he actually drops the belt. If it's for 30 seconds, I'll take it if there's absolutely no other way he gets a run, but just drop the belt to Barrett. Not interested in a non title feud, or any other of the people he's proposing as the guy simply can't hold my interest. If he gets Taker at WrestleMania I'll fucking choke myself.

Pete

Reaction score
Look on the bright side. If he gets taker at Mania, it's over in 30 seconds, UT keeps his streak, and Anti-Pasty is buried. Everyone wins!

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Yeah they'd really bury Sheamus like that wouldn't they :argh:

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
People who act like Sheamus shouldn't be top level talent doesn't kn ow how to spot talent imo.

The sky is the limit for him, he will only get better. This guy is money.