WWE Breaking The 4th Wall

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Justin17

Jobber
Reaction score
WWE has gotten more 'edgier' as of late for example; anything that comes out of
the mouth of CM PUNK, The new 'Kayfabe' T-shirts and WWE tolerance of superstars
being allowed to say the word 'SHIT' and 'BITCH'...What do you guys think about this and Who do you will lead this new era

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
It had to happen tbh, the internet has killed kayfabe so why fight it? The cursing doesn't really bother me either tbh, a good promo man can work with or without them. The leader should be Punk.

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
I don't think they should promote breaking the 4th wall, wrestling is built on good vs evil, however, I don't think they should desperately fight it either. They seem scared to bring gimmicks back into wrestling, but why? Taker and Kane come out with gimmicks and nothing negative has happened because of that.

We need more gimmicks, keep the top main-eventers semi-shooting if they want, just build a strong undercard without that.

Reaction score
I don't mind the cursing, but I think the WWE can be edgier without breaking keyfabe every single week (yes, CM Punk). It's getting annoying that Punk can't cut a good promo without breaking keyfabe, these days.

JeebaK

Future Endeavoured
Banned
Reaction score
HoldNo712Armbar said:
I don't mind the cursing, but I think the WWE can be edgier without breaking keyfabe every single week (yes, CM Punk). It's getting annoying that Punk can't cut a good promo without breaking keyfabe, these days.

U CAN be edgy without breaking keyfabe, but why shouldnt u be allowed to break keyfabes? Because some british blueberry's favourite wrestler was made to look like a fool when punk broke keyfabe about his band?
Breaking keyfabe increases the shock value, while sticking to keyfabe can get boring at times, so wrestlers who have the mic skills like punk and cena should be allowed to break it when necessery.
Rock, austin all broke keyfabes during their time, never was a big a issue.

THEWWEMARK

Jobber
Reaction score
JeebaK said:
U CAN be edgy without breaking keyfabe, but why shouldnt u be allowed to break keyfabes? Because some british blueberry's favourite wrestler was made to look like a fool when punk broke keyfabe about his band?
Breaking keyfabe increases the shock value, while sticking to keyfabe can get boring at times, so wrestlers who have the mic skills like punk and cena should be allowed to break it when necessery.
Rock, austin all broke keyfabes during their time, never was a big a issue.

If a Wrestler breaks the fourth wall ever week (CM Punk), then wouldn't the shock value decrease? I can't really put my finger on a time where they broke very intense kayfabe, both Rock and Austin stuck to the whole corporate slut and idiotic brother shtick. If both Cena and Punk had the best mic skills ever, they wouldn't need to break kayfabe to captivate the audience, right? :lebron:

Jonathan

Champion
Reaction score
Who said shit?
I know Rock said 'Mother fucking bitch' whilst the camera was on him at the end of his promo on Monday, before he posed on the ropes.

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
THEWWEMARK said:
If a Wrestler breaks the fourth wall ever week (CM Punk), then wouldn't the shock value decrease? I can't really put my finger on a time where they broke very intense kayfabe, both Rock and Austin stuck to the whole corporate slut and idiotic brother shtick. If both Cena and Punk had the best mic skills ever, they wouldn't need to break kayfabe to captivate the audience, right? :lebron:

It shouldn't be broken every week I agree, however Rock and Austin had proper hardcore wrestling fans to entertain, when internet didn't have such a big impact. It doesn't mean Punk or Cena have lesser mic skills because they have broken Kayfabe, even Rock is breaking kayfabe since his return.

Jonathan

Champion
Reaction score
Calling him Dwayne instead of Rock is just killing the kayfabe.

Jonathan

Champion
Reaction score
Crayo said:
But Rock calling himself the good guy babyface isn't?

Yeah, I know lol.
Just throwing it out there.