• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Wacokid27

The Dark Master
Reaction score
The only gripe I really have regarding this event is that they should have known that a match between Balor (who's an adopted Japanese wrestler who had some of the best heat in Japan as the original leader of the Bullet Club when he left NJPW) and Owens (who's no slouch in popularity and heat himself so far as Japan goes) for a title would get more heat than a tag team match involving Cena, Ziggler, Kane, and Barrett.

In short, Balor-Owens should have been the main event.

Other than that, it was a pretty entertaining show.

wk

Reactions: Prince Bálor

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Just done watching this show in its entirety. It was entertaining!

- Y2J vs Neville was a good, enjoyable show opener.

- Nikki vs Paige vs Tamina was okay for what it was.

- Lesnar wrecking Kofi and then the rest of New Day was fun to watch!

- NXT Title Match: Finn Bálor vs Kevin Owens was so effin' great and so enjoyable!
Even though I was 1110% certain Bálor was winning the NXT title, I still marked for mah boi winning it!
This should've been the ME! But, oh well...
I really don't mind it now, b/c the entire event (up until this point) has been entertaining.

- Cena & DZ vs Clown Barrett & Kane was okay.

- And last, but not least, the commentary was actually good for once!
I actually found myself enjoying Cole and Byron (which I usually loathe listening to on RAW).
But, I guess that's what you get when you have free reign and no monkey shouting in your ears things you should be saying.
Good job, lads.

Bort

WALKEN'
Reaction score
Fucking Giant Baba mention on a WWE event. @Bort drink everything you have
Why?
CzaQZqg.png

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
Cole went on some Japanese wrestling history spree during the show. Was so bizarre, he mentioned and talked about everything from the IWGP to Baba to Dragon Gate to fucking FMW. Like WTF Cole.

Bort

WALKEN'
Reaction score
Cole went on some Japanese wrestling history spree during the show. Was so bizarre, he mentioned and talked about everything from the IWGP to Baba to Dragon Gate to fucking FMW. Like WTF Cole.
I should've make myself more clear, hermano, sorry. Why should I care, lel?
eeDf1Hg.png

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
:lol1:

Okay, after watching Beast in the East:
The tag match at the end was the perfect main event! Thanks, WWE, for letting that go on last so I could just turn the show off without missing anything. :eek:tunga:

Rest of the show rating: 9/10. Haven't had this much fun watching a wrestling show in SO long!

Reactions: Wacokid27

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
- NXT Title Match: Finn Bálor vs Kevin Owens was so effin' great and so enjoyable!
Even though I was 1110% certain Bálor was winning the NXT title, I still marked for mah boi winning it!

That was what happened with me too. Everything told me that it was a foregone conclusion that Balor was going to win, but he and Owens played the match so perfectly that I was still on the edge of my seat waiting to see what would happen. My brother, who really doesn't watch wrestling, came over and even he began getting into it, trying to coach Balor during the match. It was fantastic.

It's funny because I always vote for the PWI awards at the end of the year. I watch all of the matches suggested as possible match of the year candidates. There are going to be so many matches to watch this year. Although we've had a lot of dull shows, individual matches have been fantastic so far and we're only halfway through the year.