WWE 2K14: I don't understand stupid ass universe mode

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
Eh, I try to think of it as practice for online matches and just play the matches with superstars I like. But I totally agree they dropped the ball with universe mode in 2K14
I haven't gone online yet. I feel like I would just get my ass whooped.

Meh, this is why I didn't really want to me the purchase in the first place. I need game modes to hold me over because the actual wrestling of meaningless matches doesn't do much for me.

Trip in the Head

Jester of Darkness
Reaction score
I haven't gone online yet. I feel like I would just get my ass whooped.
Eh, its not bad. The thing that sucks the most IMO is when you have lag and then you have to try and time your "reversal" so the button press actually registers when it needs to make the counter. Pretty annoying. And then that just makes kicking out next to impossible if you've been beat on enough. More fun to just play online with friends than against random people.

I actually need to turn up the difficulty in universe mode because I can whoop ass there on normal, but online it's a different story.

Rogue

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
kassiusohno
Honestly,Universe Mode is a mode I hardly ever play with,it just seems like you're putting a lot of time and work in for a bare minimal outcome.
Like you said,they need a season mode that people actually want to play. The last time they had a good season mode was in SVR08 where you started out in Heat and you worked your way up to becoming a legend.
If they redid that type of season mode but replaced Heat with NXT,made it a lot less repetitive,and, gave us more choices along the way then it would shape up to be a great game mode with some replay value.

Last edited:
Reactions: Trip in the Head

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
I'm not a fan of anything in the actual gameplay. Submission shit is gay. kicking out is random as fuck. the entire gameplay being based on counters is a turn off. eh, bad purchase. it happens

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
Actually, thanks to Survivor Series last night, I know what I'm going to do. I'm going to reset the shit and book a split of the Shield where Reigns comes out as the face and then book him on his assension to becoming the top face. boom!

Reactions: Trip in the Head

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
lmao so I randomly saw this game on my hard drive and fired it up again and once again was seeing how pointless Universe Mode could be. I google'd "WWE Universe Mode pointless" and found my own thread :adr:

Still a really baffling thing how aimless that shit was when it could have been really fun

• Haha
Reactions: Doxo

Asuka Lock

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
wAjEdMB
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
suicide