• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Finishline

Drop the Mike
Reaction score
Website
open.spotify.com
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
What's up people? I hit a lull when editing and coding my WrestleMania for the WISG booker, so we'll have to revisit that down the road. With Thanksgiving and Christmas coming up, I'll have more time to write shows and was going back and forth on what I'd like to write about. I was debating 2020 before the releases happened, or 2022 with all the releases coming back. I believe Triple H is doing a tremendous job with what he's doing irl so I chose to kinda combine the two (as you can see below). Take this as a big reset of WWE, so you'll see this in the coming posts. :)

cc100153-triple-h-and-vince-mcmahon.jpg

A new virus has taken over the entire world and the WWE is no exception. At the beginning of WrestleMania 36 Night 1 in front of zero fans, Vince McMahon went on screen and announced the unthinkable: he was retiring. Fans spend the entire night speculating on social media, wondering if this is the pandemic, and realizing COVID is a real thing. Vince simply suggested "it's time." 24 hours later, the opening of Night 2 announced Triple H would be taking over the day-to-day operations.

Who knows what will happen for the WWE moving forward?

1200px-WWE_Raw_Logo_2019.svg.png

GENERAL MANAGER: Christian
AJ Styles | Akam | Akira Tozawa | Aleister Black | Andrade
Angel Garza | Angelo Dawkins | Austin Theory | Big Show | Bobby Lashley
Cedric Alexander | Curt Hawkins | Drew McIntyre | EC3 | Edge
Erick Rowan | Humberto Carrillo | Jinder Mahal | Karl Anderson | Kevin Owens
Luke Gallows | Montez Ford | Murphy | R-Truth | Randy Orton
Rey Mysterio | Rezar | Ricochet | Riddick Moss | Rusev
Samoa Joe | Seth Rollins | Shelton Benjamin | Titus O'Neil | Zack Ryder

Asuka | Becky Lynch | Bianca Belair | Kairi Sane | Lana
Liv Morgan | Natalya | Ruby Riott | Shayna Baszler | Zelina Vega

WWE CHAMPION - Drew McIntyre
UNITED STATES CHAMPION - Andrade
RAW TAG TEAM CHAMPIONS - Street Profits
RAW WOMEN'S CHAMPION - Becky Lynch
WWE WOMEN'S TAG TEAM CHAMPIONS - Kabuki Warriors

SmackDown_Friday_Night_3D_Raster_Logo--7f11ab804b0f0622a16f40b62f431322.png

GENERAL MANAGER: Paul Heyman
Apollo Crews | Big E | Bo Dallas | Braun Strowman | Bray Wyatt
Cesaro | Curtis Axel | Daniel Bryan | Dash Wilder | Dolph Ziggler
Drake Maverick | Drew Gulak | Elias | Gran Metalik | Heath Slater
Jeff Hardy | Jey Uso | Jimmy Uso | John Morrison | Kalisto
King Corbin | Kofi Kingston | Lince Dorado | Mojo Rawley| Mustafa Ali
Otis | Robert Roode | Roman Reigns | Sami Zayn | Scott Dawson
Sheamus | Shinsuke Nakamura | Shorty G | The Miz | Tucker
Xavier Woods

Alexa Bliss | Bayley | Carmella | Dana Brooke | Ember Moon
Lacey Evans | Mandy Rose | Mickie James | Naomi | Nikki Cross
Sasha Banks | Sonya Deville | Tamina

UNIVERSAL CHAMPION - Braun Strowman
INTERCONTINENTAL CHAMPION - Sami Zayn
SMACKDOWN TAG TEAM CHAMPIONS - John Morrison & The Miz
SMACKDOWN WOMEN'S CHAMPION - Bayley

Last edited:

Finishline

Drop the Mike
Reaction score
Website
open.spotify.com
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
e60bf-15671638759525-800.jpg

TRIPLE H'S ZOOM CALL
Rather than having media gather in a tight room for a press conference, WWE's crew set up a Zoom call with the new lead of day-to-day operations, Triple H. Triple H addressed several hot topics.

Is everyone guaranteed their job? "Unfortunately during this pandemic, we'll lose a lot of money. We aren't traveling, we aren't selling out arenas, that sort of thing. I'm running the day-to-day operations when it comes to Raw, when it comes to SmackDown. Someone else will decide on the budget and how we can fit what we can in. But we'll do what we can and what we need to. Our goal is to survive and put on a great show weekly for our fans to enjoy while they're at home."

How do you plan on combatting the pandemic? "This is something we've never seen before. ... We're working on logistics of getting everyone housed here in Orlando by the Performance Center for the time being. We're looking at renting out hotels. Fortunately, a lot of talent live here in Orlando already. A lot of people from NXT live in Orlando. We'll do what we can to make sure everyone is safe."

Can we expect big names on television during the pandemic? "The roster is full of big names and superstars. Of course, Roman Reigns mentioned he'll be spending time away with his family, which I completely respect and understand. There's names like Brock Lesnar and Goldberg who lost their titles at WrestleMania but are high-ticketed names. They don't compete for cheap. We're not driving in the money with ticket sales. So this is the perfect opportunity to introduce new names and create new superstars."

So Lesnar and Goldberg won't be competing in the Performance Center? "Never say never. Anything can happen in WWE and we're always looking to put on the best product imaginable. But there's more than just those two. AJ Styles, Seth Rollins, Kevin Owens, Randy Orton, Rey Mysterio. You got The New Day, Bray, Strowman. We have the most talent in our women's division right now than ever before. Who knows who will step up during this time. Who knows how long this lasts? A month or two? But my goal - and I've done this in NXT - my goal is to help create superstars. I did it myself, I saw it with The Rock, I saw it with Austin. We'll do our best to introduce and build our next superstars."

How often will you be on-screen? "I'm not sure. I don't want to give too much away. You'll have to watch these next few weeks to see what we're about to do. I'm excited for the opportunity, I'm excited for a lot of these guys. I'm excited to give the fans something to distract them from what's going on around us. If we can be that way of escape for them, I'll have done my job."

Monday Night Raw goes live with little to nothing announced for this week's episode at 8 pm ET on USA. The only thing announced is the newly crowned WWE Champion Drew McIntyre will appear, 24 hours after defeating Brock Lesnar for the WWE Championship in front of zero fans.

Joey Bananas

Reaction score
Pretty interesting premise. Realistic too, can't wait to see what you come up with

Reactions: Finishline

Finishline

Drop the Mike
Reaction score
Website
open.spotify.com
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Monday Night Raw
on April 6, 2020
at WWE Performance Center
wwe-raw-logo-3.jpg

After highlights of this weekend's unique WrestleMania, Triple H is in the ring. Triple H mentions the WWE is in a transitional period. For one, he has big shoes to fill after Vince McMahon retired. Two, the WWE Universe is at home. Triple H promises the superstars will put everything they have into entertaining the fans, knowing the show must go on. As for this new era, following WrestleMania, it's only fitting to begin with a WWE Draft next week. Triple H recalls in his time of brand supremacy, so he introduces the new General Manager of Raw: Christian! "Captain Charisma" comes and shares his excitement for the opportunity... until Paul Heyman ruins the party. Heyman interrupts and says the Beast Incarnate will not be drafted, because he's decided to leave. Heyman says no fans, less money, no Lesnar. Heyman says he's moving on and Raw is in its best hands with Paul Heyman, not Christian. As they go back and forth, Heyman comes up with an idea. Heyman picks a representative, Christian picks a representative tonight. The winning choice will give them the Raw General Manager spot. Heyman advocates for this good idea and Triple H has no choice but to make it official. Triple H gives them to the end of the night to find their representatives. All three leave the ring ahead of the first match, Asuka and Kairi Sane getting their rematch against Bliss and Cross from last night.

MATCH 1)
Alexa Bliss & Nikki Cross(c) vs. Kabuki Warriors
for the Women's Tag Team Championships
The tandem of Asuka and Kairi Sane seem to have a newfound attitude as they're livid about losing their titles at WrestleMania. Alexa Bliss is taken out early by Asuka wrapping a Figure 4 on Bliss in the ring post, and while Nikki Cross is being blocked by the official, Kairi lands a steel chair to the knee of Bliss. Following Alexa getting helped out against her will, it's a 2-on-1 assault. In the same exact spot they lost the titles to Bliss and Cross during Night 1, Asuka forces Nikki Cross to tap before Alexa Bliss can hobble back to the ring from the backstage area.

Advertised for tonight's episode (via Tom Phillips & Byron Saxton):
WWE Champion Drew McIntyre speaks
Heyman's representative vs. Christian's representative for the Raw General Manager job
Post-WrestleMania footage after McIntyre's victory
Andrade defends the United States Championship in an Open Challenge

MATCH 2)
Becky Lynch vs. Natalya
The Raw Women's Champion, two nights after defending the title successfully against Shayna Baszler, faces an equally difficult task in the "Queen of Harts" Natalya in a non-title affair. Lynch battles to the ropes in a Sharpshooter, but once she gets Natalya in the Dis-Arm-Her, Lynch forces Natalya to tap out.

After her win, Shayna Baszler walks through the curtain and calls Becky Lynch's win on Saturday a fluke. Lynch asks Baszler if any day of her 366-day reign has been a fluke yet. Lynch reminds Baszler she's been the Raw Women's Champion for a year and will gladly show Baszler why, yet again. Baszler demands Becky put the title on the line next week and "The Man" agrees! It's official: Becky Lynch versus Shayna Baszler for the Raw Women's Title next week.

Backstage, Christian finds "The Rated-R Superstar" Edge! Edge, 24 hours removed from his first singles match back in 9 years, comes face-to-face with his best friend. Christian sets up by asking for a favor, yet Edge stops him right there. Edge says he went through hell last night and is in a lot of pain after his Last Man Standing match with Randy. Therefore, he can't be his representative tonight. Christian nods and corrects Edge, saying the favor is to not let that be his last match, because he wants to draft Edge to Monday Night Raw next week. Edge smirks and hugs Christian, lightly, before wishing him luck.

MATCH 3)
Aleister Black vs. Curt Hawkins
After the bell rings, Aleister Black wastes no time with taking care of business and ending things with the Black Mass rather quickly.

Paul Heyman's approached by Zelina Vega, quickly following Austin Theory, Angel Garza, and United States Champion Andrade. Zelina introduces Paul Heyman to who she believes should be the handpicked representative tonight: Austin Theory. Theory speaks up, saying he's a big fan of Heyman's work with Brock Lesnar, Rob Van Dam, Big Show, and his time as SmackDown General Manager! Theory says he believes Raw is best in the hands of Paul Heyman. Heyman laughs, admitting he appreciates the compliment. Heyman says Zelina Vega has an eye for talent, seeing the United States Champion in the background, and Theory might be the future... but further says he doesn't believe he'll put his job on the line with a "child" before walking away. Theory's offended by the comment and Zelina Vega tries calming him down.

Footage airs after WrestleMania went off the air last night, seeing Big Show challenge Drew McIntyre after winning the war and the WWE Championship against Brock Lesnar. After finally reaching the top of the profession, McIntyre's pressured immediately into defending his new place at the top - yet he insists he'll be a fighting champion.

MATCH 4)
Drew McIntyre(c) vs. Big Show

for the WWE Championship
**PRE-RECORDED AFTER WRESTLEMANIA 36**
Drew McIntyre survives against the World's Largest Athlete and retains his WWE Championship, literally ten minutes after winning the title against Brock Lesnar.

Back to Monday Night Raw, Drew McIntyre walks slowly with the WWE Championship on his waist and no reaction from the crowd. McIntyre gets to the ring and speaks on his biggest career moment wasn't shared with thousands of screaming fans in Raymond James Stadium. McIntyre says it's disappointing, but he realizes the task in front of him is larger than any WWE Champion in history. With everything shut down, he needs to step up and be what the WWE Universe needs him to be. McIntyre vows to be a fighting champion and will be a champion the fans can be proud of. A champion that can distract the fans from the world around them. McIntyre says once people reach this moment in their careers, they either coast or soar. McIntyre shares his goal with the fans watching: to be the WWE Champion when fans are back and can cheer as loud as they want. Seth Rollins interrupts and stands at the curtain to challenge McIntyre's words of a "fighting champion." Rollins says the WWE Draft is next week and might not be on the same brand as the WWE Champion, so he's taking his moment now, challenging McIntyre to a WWE Championship match next week. Rollins starts to go on, but McIntyre cuts Rollins off and accepts without hesitation. This startles Rollins before he smirks, letting McIntyre know there's one difference. Seth says he became WWE Champion because he was The Architect and nobody could outsmart him. All his moves were calculated and thought through ahead of time, allowing him to never lose the title. The difference between McIntyre and Rollins, according to the Monday Night Messiah? Drew's impulsiveness will end his title reign at just 8 short days.

Bobby Lashley is with Lana backstage and Christian approaches them. Christian recollects Lashley and himself go way back and Lashley turns his head. Lana catches on and tells Christian that Bobby Lashley will not be representing Christian tonight, due to Lashley having "more important business" to attend to.

A pre-recorded interview of the Street Profits after their successful title defense against Angel Garza and Austin Theory last night at WrestleMania, they're asked what's next. In walks Kevin Owens and Samoa Joe for an intense staredown.

Zelina Vega leads United States Champion Andrade to the ring. She mentions the US Open Challenges John Cena made famous back in 2015 and says anything Cena can do, Andrade can do a hundred times better. Andrade looks to instantly regret it when Lana comes out to introduce "my Bobby."

MATCH 5)
Andrade(c) (with Zelina Vega) vs. Bobby Lashley (with Lana)
for the United States Championship
Andrade appears to have bitten off a little more than he can chew. Lashley's strong but Andrade's resilient. Andrade tries taking a break and using Zelina Vega to his advantage, but there's Lana to even the odds - two of the better valets in the business. Andrade's exhausted every trick this match and it appears Bobby Lashley is set to become the new champion as he sets up with a Spear before Lashley trips and falls out of the frame. A new camera angle pictures Rusev pushing Bobby Lashley spine-first into the steps and calling for the bell.

The bell rings and Rusev continues pounding down fists on Lashley as Lana screams and begs for Rusev to stop, when Rusev directs his attention to her. Rusev runs to the back as Zelina Vega retrieves Andrade's title and gets him to the back quickly.

Tom Phillips and Corey Graves imagine next week's WWE Draft and what that could mean, whether it's Christian or Paul Heyman as the General Manager of Raw, making the selections for Monday nights. They reflect what it could be if they were split up, but also if a brand is without a world champion: Seth Rollins challenging Drew McIntyre for the WWE Championship one week from tonight. Phillips gets word that Rusev is in the backstage area.

Rusev is storming through the halls and finally finds Triple H. Rusev cries out that he's lost everything and it's Bobby's fault. Rusev demands he fight Bobby Lashley next week in a Steel Cage match! Triple H understands but can't sanction any match between the two. Lana walks into the frame and says her Bobby will sign a hold harmless agreement, if Rusev does the same... and under one condition: after last week, "my Bobby" never has to face Rusev again. Triple H looks at the both and agrees if they'll meet them in his office, one at a time.

Paul Heyman arrives to the ring and announces he would typically be in the corner of Brock Lesnar, but Lesnar has no obligations to entertain the fans at home, and that's Lesnar's prerogative. Instead, he'll have SmackDown superstar, and future Raw superstar under the Heyman Regime... CESARO! Cesaro heads out ready to fight for Paul Heyman. Christian heads out and lets everyone know he's got the heart and soul to be the Raw General Manager, so he had to find the heart and soul of WWE... Rey Mysterio!

MATCH 6)
Cesaro (with Paul Heyman) vs. Rey Mysterio (with Christian)
to determine the new Raw General Manager
As Heyman and Christian join Tom Phillips and Corey Graves at the booth, these two top athletes are going at it. Cesaro's giving everything to Rey Mysterio right now and Mysterio continues to take it all on the chin, including a Very European Uppercut that he kicks out at 2. Cesaro begins the Swing and then decides to finish it by catapulting Mysterio into the ropes. Cesaro teases it and tries his own 619 on the master, but Mysterio slips out of the way and gets some offense behind him before putting Cesaro in the same position. Mysterio runs and tries the 619 himself, but Cesaro catches the legs and pulls Mysterio to the center of the ring. Cesaro tries locking in the Sharpshooter but Mysterio kicks Cesaro off and back into the ropes for Mysterio to pop up and hit the 619! Mysterio pops up to the top rope, doing a tribute to Eddie Guerrero, and hits the Frog Splash. Mysterio hooks the leg and pins Cesaro!

Two overly dramatic reactions happen at the same time. Christian's all excited as Paul Heyman is disappointed. Christian gets in the ring and celebrates big time with Rey Mysterio as it's official... Christian is the new General Manager of Monday Night Raw!

Who will be the General Manager of SmackDown? Tune in this Friday on Fox to find out ahead of next week's WWE Draft!

Last edited:
Reactions: Chris

Finishline

Drop the Mike
Reaction score
Website
open.spotify.com
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Friday Night SmackDown!
on April 10, 2020
at WWE Performance Center

smackdown.jpg

More highlights air from this past weekend's WrestleMania, which leads into the big news Monday Night Raw brought about: next week, the WWE Draft commences. The highlights finish with Christian being named the Raw General Manager, thanks to Rey Mysterio's resilience in the main event. Out walks the new WWE Universal Champion Braun Strowman. Strowman acknowledges the Draft might be next week and he could end up on Raw, but he wants to be the champion and the face of a brand.

As of now, that's SmackDown, so he challenges anyone in the locker room to stand toe-to-toe with him right now. One half of the reigning SmackDown Tag Team Champions John Morrison steps up to the plate and wants a piece of the new Universal Champion, saying Strowman won't get his spot in the sun for long because with a new Draft, it means he can finally live up to his full potential.

MATCH 1)
Braun Strowman vs. John Morrison
With the championship not on the line, Strowman faces a fellow champion and while Morrison uses his agility to take Strowman off his game a couple moments, the Universal Champion recovers and decisively puts Morrison away with the Running Powerslam.

Advertised for tonight's episode (via Michael Cole and Corey Graves):
A brand new Firefly Funhouse episode with Bray Wyatt
Who will be the SmackDown General Manager?
Sami Zayn's "100% Approval Rating Celebration"
Rob Gronkowski's in-ring SmackDown debut, teaming with Mojo Rawley, versus The B-Team

MATCH 2)
Naomi vs. Tamina
Following losses in their Fatal-5 Way Elimination Match for the SmackDown Women's Title, both women square off. Familiar with each other inside and out of the ring, Naomi tries finishing Tamina off with a Rear View but gets caught into a snap German Suplex before Tamina heads up and hits a Superfly Splash in tribute to her family tree to get a big win over Naomi.

Otis and Mandy Rose arrive at the arena together and Kayla Braxton is the first to approach and congratulate them. Mandy suggests Kayla doesn't know what they're celebrating, but they'll reveal more later tonight in the ring. Otis looks like he's on Cloud 9 right now as he wraps his arm around Mandy and heads inside the Performance Center.

Cesaro and Shinsuke Nakamura prepare the way as there's decorations around the ring of several different flags before introducing the Intercontinental Champion, Sami Zayn! Zayn comes to the ring and lets everyone know history was made this weekend at WrestleMania. For the first time ever, an Intercontinental Champion walked out with a "100% Approval Rating" with not a SINGLE BOO from a single individual. With this approval rating, "The Great Liberator" explains he's taking over the world. He's taking over on a global scale and nobody can stop it.

Elias interrupts the party, suggesting Zayn doesn't have a 100% approval rating, because he disproves of the Intercontinental Title reign. Elias says guys like The Honky Tonk Man would be disappointed, but Zayn rips Elias for being a Honky Tonk Man wannabe. Elias steps up to the Intercontinental Champion before Shinsuke Nakamura steps in-between. Zayn lets Nakamura fight his battle for him right now!

MATCH 3)
Elias vs. Shinsuke Nakamura (with Cesaro & Intercontinental Champion Sami Zayn)
The Great Liberator is coaching Shinsuke Nakamura against Elias, but Nakamura seems to have this pretty handy. It doesn't help that Cesaro and Sami Zayn are swarming the ring at every corner. Elias eventually sees to even the odds by grabbing the guitar in the corner. Elias pops up and Sami Zayn hops the apron to tell the referee to get the guitar out of Elias' hands. The official turns around and catches Elias in the act. The official snatches the guitar from Elias, giving Elias the split-second to kick Nakamura below the belt and hit Drift Away to score a big win!

Zayn and Cesaro hop in the ring, yelling at the official, upset Elias got one over them.

King Corbin gets done watching what's transpired on television and Kayla Braxton approaches him for comments after his loss at WrestleMania to Elias. Corbin says that loss is behind him and as the King, he demands respect a King deserves. Daniel Bryan and Drew Gulak come around the corner laughing, reminding Corbin that he did lose at WrestleMania. Corbin turned it around and says Bryan also lost. Bryan shrugs and says he can settle the score tonight in the ring.

SmackDown Women's Champion Bayley comes to the ring with Sasha Banks by her side and parades her title around the empty arena, particularly shoving the title in Michael Cole's face. Sasha looks uncomfortable with the celebration, knowing it could've been her. Bayley declares she'll be champion when the next WrestleMania rolls around so everyone can be back and cheer her on. Meanwhile, Dana Brooke runs in and says she begs to differ, as Bayley gives this match to her best friend, Sasha Banks, without her approval.

MATCH 4)
Dana Brooke vs. Sasha Banks (with SmackDown Women's Champion Bayley)
It doesn't take long for Sasha Banks to put Dana Brooke in her place and taps Dana to the Banks Statement.

After the match, Bayley gets in the ring and raises Sasha's hand before she beats down on Dana Brooke as Sasha passively walks to the back, leaving the bones of Dana Brooke to the champ.

After some more highlights from WrestleMania 36 this past weekend, in walks Otis and Mandy Rose who celebrate defeating Dolph Ziggler. Mandy takes the microphone and opens up about how proud she is of Otis. Tucker Knight, the other half of Heavy Machinery, heads out with party balloons and a ham to give Otis. Otis accepts the gifts and asks for the microphone, which Tucker holds in interview-style position. Otis says he gave Mandy a ham to express his feelings, so he's decided to give her a more permanent item. Otis asks Tucker, and after ~45 seconds of struggling, Otis finally gets on his knee ... and out comes Dolph Ziggler and Sonya Deville.

Deville begs Mandy Rose to not fall for this, while Ziggler says he might've won at WrestleMania, but he'll always be a "Heavy Trailer Park Trash." Otis snaps and tackles Ziggler. Tucker pulls Otis off as Deville tries to take a shot at Mandy, but Rose clotheslines Deville to the outside. After the chaos ends, Tucker hands the box back to Otis and gets on his knee for Mandy Rose. Before even looking at it, Mandy wraps her arms around the neck of Otis. DID WE JUST SEE?

Mojo Rawley spots Rob Gronkowski in the back and gets the former Super Bowl Champion and reigning 24/7 Champion hype for his match tonight! It's Gronk's first ever SmackDown match and they run out to the ring to face the B-Team.

MATCH 5)
The B-Team vs. Mojo Rawley & Rob Gronkowski
Rob Gronkowski gets a few offensive moves in, simple like some shoulder tackles, hip tosses, and clotheslines. Gronkowski even executes a suplex on Bo Dallas! Mojo Rawley runs through the competition and helps assist Gronk with a win as Gronkowski hits a Spear on Curtis Axel to secure a win in his SmackDown debut!

Mojo Rawley celebrates with the 24/7 Champion before both men are attacked by The Revival! Dash Wilder and Scott Dawson beat both down as part of this blindside attack, finishing Mojo Rawley off with a Shatter Machine before exiting. Rob Gronkowski is slow to get up and checks on his best friend before he's rolled up from behind... IT'S R-TRUTH! The official counts 3 and we have a NEW 24/7 CHAMPION!

Michael Cole and Corey Graves are speechless after Rob Gronkowski wins his SmackDown debut, yet loses the 24/7 Championship to a Raw superstar, R-Truth! Cole reminds us R-Truth could have a new home next week after the WWE Draft.

Heath Slater spots Triple H backstage and runs up to ask who the SmackDown General Manager is. Triple H says he'll announce it before the show ends tonight. Slater expresses concern about being an undrafted free agent again, being unemployed, because he has to support his kids. Triple H puts Slater's unease to rest and mentions he'll lay the rumor to rest and all will be okay.

MATCH 6)
Daniel Bryan (with Drew Gulak) vs. King Corbin
King Corbin tries taking his frustrations out on Daniel Bryan, but just gets more frustrated by Bryan's mat technician prowess. Corbin tries finishing him off but tells Gulak to watch him ruin his teacher, allowing just a moment for Bryan to get some momentum and getting back into the match. Bryan tries a running knee but Corbin sidesteps it and Bryan falls on the mat. Corbin picks Bryan up and tries End of Days, but it gets countered to the Labell Lock! King Corbin has nowhere to go and he TAPS!

Daniel Bryan gets out of dodge and runs up the ramp with Drew Gulak before King Corbin's tantrum in the center of the ring after he tapped out.

Bray Wyatt interrupts the tantrum with a new episode of the FIREFLY FUNHOUSE! Bray Wyatt welcomes everyone in his red sweater and after Ramblin' Rabbit remembers the horrors that happened at WrestleMania against his hero John Cena, Bray says it'll be a long time before anyone sees John Cena in WWE again. Bray mentions the WWE Draft next week and says the Firefly Funhouse could be moving to Mondays! Bray says wherever the Firefly Funhouse goes, "HE" will surely follow. Bray portrays excitement to Ramblin' Rabbit to find out who the new General Manager of SmackDown is... NEXT!

Triple H is in the ring already and builds excitement towards a new era, where WWE is committed to entertaining the fans at home. Triple H encourages the WWE Universe this has been their goal for years and it's never been taken more seriously at a more desperate time. That starts next week with providing the two best shows in entertainment, Monday Night Raw and Friday Night SmackDown. Triple H reminds everyone Christian is the new General Manager of Raw, and now time to know the - LADIES AND GENTLEMEN!

Paul Heyman interrupts Triple H and claims Triple H is "about as out of touch as the old man." Heyman says after Monday Night Raw, he was outraged by the travesty. Heyman says he would do a much better job than Christian at running a successful show, and has the track record to back it up. Therefore, Heyman lets everyone know what he's done this week while Brock Lesnar remains at home in Minnesota. Heyman had several calls to the FOX executives, pitching ideas and talking business. The end result? Heyman pulls out papers to show the executives at FOX signed him to a contract as the NEW SmackDown General Manager. Triple H doesn't appear bothered or thrilled, as Heyman's over the moon and tells Triple H he'll see him next week for the WWE Draft before tossing the microphone away and walking up the ramp.

As Heyman gets to the curtain, Triple H grabs his attention. Triple H admits he's not surprised. This is Paul Heyman's forte. But with that, comes consequences. Triple H is rewarding Monday Night Raw with the first overall pick next week, AND if SmackDown fails to beat Raw in the ratings over the coming weeks, he'll not have a job after too long.

The stage is set! Christian will draft for Raw and Paul Heyman for SmackDown... next week, starting Monday on Raw as part of the WWE DRAFT!

Finishline

Drop the Mike
Reaction score
Website
open.spotify.com
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
MAJOR NEWS COMING OUT OF WWE
In the midst of a pandemic, WWE has caught flack over the weekend for releasing several WWE superstars:
Billie Kay
Eric Young
Erik
Ivar
Lars Sullivan
Maria Kanellis
Mike Kanellis
No Way Jose
Peyton Royce
Sarah Logan

This comes a week after Triple H's comments, avoiding the question if they'll release people during the COVID-19 pandemic. Turns out, yes they will.

WWE is hosting a Draft this week and there was no mention of a Pay-Per-View, originally scheduled to be Money in the Bank on May 10th in Baltimore. According to reports, WWE is working with the city of Baltimore to reschedule a PPV down the line at the location and it doesn't appear WWE will be traveling there (or anywhere) for the time being.

As far as if the event will still take place on May 10th inside the Performance Center is still to be determined. WWE was mum about a PPV event on this week's shows and with the focus likely on the WWE Draft and settling the superstars in their new homes, it's improbable we will have an answer to this question in the next week.

With WWE stuck in the Performance Center for the time being, do not be surprised if several Premium Live Events are either cancelled or postponed when they can be in an arena.

Several questions have arose about the WWE Draft this week.

1) Who will be in attendance for the Draft events next Monday and Friday?
- To reports, WWE is still trying to figure out how to do this in a safe manner. Several ideas have come up, including having web calls with several talents to keep everyone safe.

2) Will it only be main roster talents?
- Never say never, but since NXT Takeover has been delegated to the next few weeks of NXT, the black and gold brand still has plenty of storylines to wrap up before moving talent to the main roster. Yet the releases might open the door for WWE to move new names to the roster. Notably, there were no debuts the week after WrestleMania which is a rare fact about these shows.

Reactions: Chris