WWE ‣

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Jam

Reaction score
1681258177036.png

MONEY IN THE BANKJULY 18, 2021
FORT WORTH, TEXAS - DICKIES ARENA

The Usos (Jey & Jimmy Uso) def. Los Mysterios (Dominik & Rey Mysterio) © to capture the WWE SmackDown Tag Team Championships

Liv Morgan def. Alexa Bliss, Asuka, Naomi, Natalya, Nikki A.S.H., Tamina and Zelina Vega to win the Women's Money in the Bank Briefcase

AJ Styles
& Omos © def. The Viking Raiders (Erik & Ivar) to retain the WWE Raw Tag Team Championships

Bobby Lashley
© [w/ MVP] def. Kofi Kingston to retain the WWE Championship

Rhea Ripley © def. Charlotte Flair to retain the WWE SmackDown Women's Championship

Big E
def. Drew McIntyre, John Morrison, Kevin Owens, King Nakamura, Matt Riddle, Ricochet and Seth Rollins to win the Men's Money in the Bank Briefcase

Roman Reigns
© [w/ Paul Heyman] def. Edge to retain the WWE Universal Championship

‣ Denotes a change from real life results

---

PREMIUM LIVE EVENT SCHEDULE ‣

1681262067483.png

SUMMERSLAM AUGUST 21, 2021
PARADISE, NEVADA - ALLEGIANT STADIUM

---

BTB’ers Note (from Jam): Well hello there! It’s been a while, hasn’t it? If you’re reading this, thank you for taking the time to read the entire opening post of this BTB. As you’ve seen, this BTB is a partnership between myself, Deco, and Looking Glass. This has been a long time coming as we’ve been in the planning process for a good while now. This idea came into existence when Looking Glass created his NXT BTB and almost everyday conversations with Deco and Looking Glass. That being said, Deco and I have always wanted to start a BTB together and with this, we took the opportunity to partner with the BTB Legend himself, Looking Glass! For this thread, you’ll be seeing the Raw and Smackdown side of things. I will be taking the reigns of Raw and Deco will be the head of the table over on Smackdown. We’re super excited for this project to finally come to fruition. So sit back, relax, and get ready to read some awesome stories we’ve got planned for this BTB. Special shoutout to Deco and LG for being their awesome selves during this whole process. Their minds are absolutely made for this and I hope you all look forward to seeing what we have in store for this project.

BTB'ers Note (from Deco): Hey-Yo! So, I'm going to keep it short because if you've read all this, well done first and foremost. Just to echo what Jam has said - really, super excited to get this going! It's something between the three of us we've been talking and planning for quite some time with daily conversations and I think we're going to create something cool. LG has been killing it with NXT and so me & Jam are excited to hopefully add a wider universe feeling with Raw & Smackdown! From a personal point of view, I do want to confirm I'll still be continuing with my AEW BTB so don't worry about that for anyone who enjoys it. And secondly, I've been fortunate to call Jam & LG my friends for quite some time and I'm really excited to create this with my bros! On that note, we hope you all enjoy what's to come! Welcome to the WWE UNIVERSE ‣

Attachments

• 1681258177036.png
    1681258177036.png
    360.5 KB · Views: 561
Last edited:

Jam

Reaction score

Raw-Logo.png

ROSTER

AJ STYLES AKIRA TOZAWA ANGEL GARZA BOBBY LASHLEY BRAY WYATT CEDRIC ALEXANDER DAMIAN PRIEST DREW GULAK DREW MCINTYRE ELIAS ERIK GRAN METALIK HUMBERTO CARRILLO IVAR JAXON RYKER JEFF HARDY JINDER MAHAL JOHN MORRISON KEITH LEE KOFI KINGSTON LINCE DORADO MACE MANSOOR MATT RIDDLE MUSTAFA ALI OMOS RANDY ORTON REGGIE RICOCHET RIDDICK MOSS R-TRUTH SHANKY SHEAMUS SHELTON BENJAMIN T-BAR THE MIZ VEER XAVIER WOODS

ALEXA BLISS ASUKA CHARLOTTE FLAIR DANA BROOKE DOUDROP EVA MARIE LACEY EVANS MANDY ROSE NAOMI NIA JAX NIKKI A.S.H. RHEA RIPLEY SHAYNA BASZLER

DANA BROOKE & MANDY ROSE
JINDER MAHAL, SHANKY, & VEER
JOHN MORRISON & THE MIZ [w/ MARYSE]
LUCHA HOUSE PARTY ‣ GRAN METALIK & LINCE DORADO
RK-BRO ‣ MATT RIDDLE & RANDY ORTON
THE HURT BUSINESS ‣ BOBBY LASHLEY, CEDRIC ALEXANDER & SHELTON BENJAMIN [W/ MVP]
THE NEW DAY ‣ KOFI KINGSTON & XAVIER WOODS
NIA JAX & SHAYNA BASZLER
THE VIKING RAIDERS ‣ ERIK & IVAR

BYRON SAXTON ‣ PLAY-BY-PLAY COMMENTATOR
COREY GRAVES ‣ COLOR COMMENTATOR
JIMMY SMITH ‣ LEAD COMMENTATOR
MARYSE ‣ WIFE & VALET OF THE MIZ
MIKE ROME ‣ RING ANNOUNCER
MVP ‣ MANAGER OF THE HURT BUSINESS

SARAH SCHREIBER ‣ BACKSTAGE INTERVIEWER

Asuka.png
Charlotte-Flair.png
Dana-Brooke.png
Doudrop.png
Eva-Marie.png
Lacey-Evans.png
Mandy-Rose.png
Naomi.png
Nikki-A-S-H.png
Shayna-Baszler.png

MVP.png
Sarah-Schreiber.png

31cSXJanhEqQXh0ElcA4dqlCITExFQr_TQ6o_3-QD7HciRnUKtaAwNbXV0aRQLoKB2nFviPliUJqNS4STakdKKHScwOnAfxNCLaSXvRuaEah8vHwiTkXAaH2FKDPBopUmme0WwdRoEjxJBSaxAQEgsY

CHAMPIONS ‣

WWE-World-Heavyweight-Championship.png
Bobby-Lashley.png

BOBBY LASHLEY
MARCH 1, 2021RAW

WWE-Raw-Women-s-Championship.png

RHEA RIPLEY
APRIL 11, 2021 WRESTLEMANIA 37

WWE-United-States-Championship.png
Sheamus.png

SHEAMUS

WWE-Raw-Tag-Team-Championship.png
AJ-Styles-Omos.png

AJ STYLES & OMOS
APRIL 10, 2021 WRESTLEMANIA 37

WWE-Women-s-Tag-Team-Championship.png
Natalya-Tamina.png

NATALYA & TAMINA
MAY 14, 2021 SMACKDOWN

247-Championship.png
Akira-Tozawa.png

AKIRA TOZAWA
JUNE 28, 2021 RAW

Last edited:

Deco90

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Sports Team
53tBXAk
Smack-Down-Logo.png

ROSTER

ANGELO DAWKINS APOLLO CREWS BARON CORBIN BIG E CESARO CHAD GABLE COMMANDER AZEEZ DOLPH ZIGGLER DOMINIK MYSTERIO EDGE JEY USO JIMMY USO KARRION KROSSKASSIUS OHNO KEVIN OWENS MONTEZ FORD OTIS REY MYSTERIO RICK BOOGZ ROBERT ROODE ROMAN REIGNS SAMI ZAYN SETH ROLLINS SHINSUKE NAKAMURA SLAPJACK

BAYLEY BIANCA BELAIR CARMELLA LIV MORGAN MIA YIMNATALYA RECKONING SASHA BANKS TAMINA ZELINA VEGA

ALPHA ACADEMY ‣ CHAD GABLE & OTIS
APOLLO CREWS & COMMANDER AZEEZ
LOS MYSTERIOS ‣ DOMINIK & REY MYSTERIO
NATALYA & TAMINA
RICKY BOOGZ & SHINSUKE NAKAMURA

THE BLOODLINE ‣ ROMAN REIGNS & THE USOS [w/ PAUL HEYMAN]
THE DIRTY DAWGS ‣ DOLPH ZIGGLER & ROBERT ROODE
THE STREET PROFITS ‣ ANGELO DAWKINS & MONTEZ FORD

THE USOS ‣ JIMMY & JEY USO

GREG HAMILTON ‣ RING ANNOUNCER
KAYLA BRAXTON ‣BACKSTAGE CORRESPONDENT
MICHAEL COLE ‣ PLAY-BY-PLAY COMMENTATOR
PAT MCAFFEE ‣ COLOR COMMENTATOR
PAUL HEYMAN ‣ SPECIAL COUNSELLOR TO ROMAN REIGNS
SCARLETT ‣ VALET OF KARRION KROSS

Angelo-Dawkins.png
Apollo-Crews.png
Baron-Corbin.png

Big-E.png
Cesaro.png
Chad-Gable.png

Commander-Azeez.png
Dolph-Ziggler.png
Dominik-Mysterio.png

Edge.png
Jey-Uso.png
Jimmy-Uso.png
1683932593110.png

1692992565140.png
Kevin-Owens.png
Montez-Ford.png
Otis.png

Rey-Mysterio.png
Rick-Boogz.png
Robert-Roode.png

Roman-Reigns.png
Sami-Zayn.png
Seth-Rollins.png

Shinsuke-Nakamura.png
Slapjack.png

Bayley.png
Bianca-Belair.png
Carmella.png

Natalya.png
1692992607778.png
Sasha-Banks.png

Tamina.png
Zelina-Vega.png

Greg-Hamilton.png
Pat-Mc-Affee.png
Michael-Cole.png
Kayla-Braxton.png
Paul-Heyman.png
1692992641520.png

1683915156285.png

CHAMPIONS

WWE-Universal-Championship.png
Roman-Reigns.png

ROMAN REIGNS
AUGUST 30, 2020 PAYBACK

WWE-SD-Women-s-Championship.png
Bianca-Belair.png

BIANCA BELAIR
APRIL 10, 2021 WRESTLEMANIA 37

WWE-Interncontinental-Championship.png
Apollo-Crews.png

APOLLO CREWS

WWE-SD-Tag-Team-Championship.png
The-Usos.png

THE USOS [JEY & JIMMY USO]
JULY 18, 2021 MONEY IN THE BANK

WWE-Women-s-Tag-Team-Championship.png
Natalya-Tamina.png

NATALYA & TAMINA
MAY 14, 2021 SMACKDOWN

247-Championship.png
Akira-Tozawa.png

AKIRA TOZAWA
JUNE 28, 2021 RAW

Attachments

• SD_Divider.png
    SD_Divider.png
    46.1 KB · Views: 220
Last edited:

Order

Send HOOK
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
batista
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
reymysterio
Favorite Sports Team
53tBXAk
Good luck with this both of you and what a presentation this is already. Looks tremendous. I will be following for sure and am already intrigued as to what changes you'll make and how fast.

Dubble J

Cry me a river
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
jeffjarrett
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
ZIF7zVA
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Sports Team
carolinahurricanes
Favorite Sports Team
xjczadG
All three of you guys rock so I'm definitely looking forward to this. Good luck guys!

• Love
Reactions: Deco90

TOP GUY TIME

Goodbye!
Reaction score
Super hyped for this project, you have a definite reader in me. Hyped for that eventual Lince Dorado push, no matter how in denial I am.

• Love

Roy Mustang

Reaction score
Looking forward to this and I really want to see what you do with Liv Morgan's and Big E's cash ins

• Love

C3K

Reaction score
Hype. Expecting great things! Good luck, friends!

• Love

DTP

Reaction score
Great start to the diary. The presentation is very fresh, and I’m a big fan of the format and imagery the roster database had to offer. Coming fresh off the pandemic, this is a period I was watching very eagerly (and continue to, with this being less than a year from where I’m at with the Pandemic Project). I’m very interested in seeing how you may deviate from reality, how you might handle certain things and reflect reality, and how you might make this your own. I’ll be watching.

Jam

Reaction score
Raw-Logo.png

Monday Night Raw
(Episode #1469)
July 19, 2021

American Airlines Center - Dallas, Texas

A video package highlights all of Raw’s matches at Money in the Bank. First up, the Raw Tag Team Championship match between AJ Styles and Omos against The Viking Raiders, where Styles and Omos retained their titles. Next, images of the Raw Women’s Championship Match between Rhea Ripley and Charlotte appeared on screen where Rhea scored the pinfall victory over the Queen. Quick shots of Liv Morgan and Big E claiming the Money in the Bank briefcase. Finally, the video package ended with Bobby Lashley delivering a thunderous spear onto Kofi Kingston to retain his WWE Championship.

Off the heels of Money in the Bank in Fort Worth, Texas, Monday Night Raw emanates from Texas once again. This time, in front of a sold out American Airlines Center in Dallas. The voice of Jimmy Smith welcomes us to the broadcast alongside the rest of the commentary team in Corey Graves and Byron Saxton. Graves says he can’t wait to see the fallout from Money in the Bank, highlighting victories from Big E and Liv Morgan. Meanwhile, Saxton brings up the successful tag team title defense of the Raw Tag Team Champions, AJ Styles and Omos, as well as Rhea Ripley retaining her Raw Women’s Championship against Charlotte Flair.

Before he can continue, the theme music of the WWE Champion, Bobby Lashley, blares through the PA system garnering boos from the Dallas crowd. Flanking the WWE Champion is his right hand, MVP, shouting at the cameras of how great The All Mighty, Bobby Lashley is. Saxton says he was just about to bring up the triumphant victory Bobby Lashley had over a very game Kofi Kingston. Graves says the All Mighty is looking as dominant as ever with no one in sight to stop his reign.

In the ring, MVP is given a microphone but before he can speak, the Dallas crowd is letting them have it with their boos. Lashley isn’t too happy with the reaction, but MVP is all smiles, whispering something in the All Mighty’s ear to calm him down. MVP finally gets to talk saying Money in the Bank was a walk in the park for Bobby, citing Lashley’s dominance over Kofi Kingston. MVP continues saying Kofi Kingston was supposed to be a challenge, being a former WWE Champion himself. But at Money in the Bank, Lashley made him look like a chump, garnering more boos from the crowd. MVP goes on to ask, no, plead, for dramatic effect, for anyone to step up to the All Mighty and give him an actual challenge.

No one responds to MVP’s plea as MVP talks with his team in the ring, knowing no one would show up. They’re all smiles in the ring, but a voice, two voices in fact, are heard, arriving on top of the ramp - it’s Adam Pearce and Sonya Deville. Pearce says he’s delighted to hear Lashley is looking for new challengers. Sonya says they’ve been speaking about it since his victory at Money in the Bank and have come up with a solution. Adam Pearce announces the main event tonight will be a Championship Contenders Match. Sonya cuts in, saying the participants in the match will be Sheamus, AJ Styles, Keith Lee, and Randy Orton, with Orton getting the loudest pop. Lashley raises his WWE Championship in the ring, reminding everyone of the dominant champion that he is, while MVP is heard off mic, hyping him up.

To the interview pit we go and we are welcomed by the lovely Sarah Schreiber. Her guest at this time is the Raw Women’s Champion, Rhea Ripley, who is dressed to compete. She’s all smiles and with good reason after retaining her title against Charlotte at Summerslam. Sarah asks Rhea how she’s feeling and what she thinks of her opponent tonight in Dana Brooke. Rhea pauses, looking up to the ceiling as if the answers can be found there. She gives us a sly smile and says she feels great. She gives Charlotte credit for bringing the fight to her, but it wasn’t enough at Money in the Bank. As for Dana Brooke, Rhea says she’s excited to get back out there to put a beating on someone - unlucky for Dana. She heads off picture as we go into a commercial break.

1682680798784.png

Rhea-Ripley-vs-Dana-Brooke.png

MATCH ONE | NON-TITLE | SINGLES MATCH
Rhea Ripley (c) vs. Dana Brooke w/Mandy Rose

Early on, Rhea was playing with her food so to speak, having the advantage over Dana. However, after Dana pulls Rhea into the turnbuckle, Dana shows her strength with a flurry of powerslams onto Rhea. Dana began to work on the lower back of the champ, hoping to get rid of that base to Rhea’s strength. After a vicious backbreaker, Dana is only able to get the two count, showing signs of frustration. Mandy was at ringside too, constantly talking to the referee, and at one point, distracting referee Rod Zapata, causing a delayed count. However, the constant interference from Mandy enraged the Raw Women’s Champion, finding a burst of energy to turn the match back in her favor. Mandy tried to get involved again, standing on the apron, shouting at Rhea. In Rhea’s peripheral, she saw Dana running full speed at her, moving at the last second to knock Mandy down from the apron. This was the beginning of the end for Dana as she fell victim to the Riptide.

RESULT: Rhea Ripley wins via pinfall (7:16)

Backstage, Sarah Schreiber is once again conducting an interview. This time, her guests, Randy Orton and Matt Riddle, RK-Bro. Orton enters the scene, all serious while Riddle is being his goofy self, celebrating behind Orton. Sarah says there’s plenty of reason to celebrate right now with Orton being in a Championship Contender’s Match tonight. She asks Orton his thoughts on the match. Riddle answers, saying Randy’s ready to kick some butt, bro. Sheamus, AJ Styles, and Keith Lee, they’re a bunch of chumps and are no match for Randy. The Viper laughs, then apologizes for his eager friend. “That’s me!” Riddle butts in once more. Orton says the people in the Championship Contenders Match are all quality wrestlers, but they don’t have the killer instinct it takes to get the job done. As a 14-time World Champion, you need that killer instinct to put away your opponent for the three count and if you know his history, Orton has a way of putting people away for the count. He leaves the picture, leaving Riddle in the shot, impressed with what his tag team partner said, before leaving on a scooter.

1682680798805.png

Drew-Mc-Intyre-vs-Angel-Garza.png

MATCH TWO | SINGLES MATCH
Drew McIntyre vs. Angel Garza w/Humberto Carillo

The Scotsman was in no mood tonight after what transpired at Money in the Bank with Jinder Mahal and his goons costing him an opportunity at the briefcase. With all that pent up anger, Garza and Carillo were the poor souls who had to endure McIntyre’s wrath. After seeing his buddy produce little to no offense, Carillo decided to get involved by entering the ring. However, he was immediately dealt with after McIntyre delivered a Claymore Kick right on the kisser. In a throwback, Mcintyre finished the match after hitting Garza with a Futureshock DDT.

RESULT: Drew McIntyre wins via pinfall (2:47)

After the match, Drew scaled the turnbuckle, celebrating with the Texas crowd. He motions for a microphone from ringside. When he gets it, he asks for his music to be shut off. Drew recaps the events of Money in the Bank, commanding Jinder, Veer, and Shanky to come out right now. After a few moments, Jinder, Veer, and Shanky appear from behind the curtain, all smiles, knowing what they did to Drew at Money in the Bank. Jinder sarcastically asks Drew what’s wrong. Drew responds, saying there’s nothing wrong - he understands why they did what they did, because Jinder is jealous of Drew.

Jinder says Drew’s point is far from the truth. Drew says if they want to talk about truths, then the truth of the matter is - Jinder can’t face his family after the failure he’s become, so he’s trying to start something with Drew to re-ignite his career. Drew is all for it and if it’s a fight he wants, then they can fight next week. Jinder says Drew’s always been a hothead, never thinking, just reacting. He says he’ll get his time with Drew, but next week, he can fight Veer, who steps up, staring at Drew.

Speaking of fights, a fight is going down backstage between Sheamus and Damian Priest with several referees and officials trying their best to break it up. Sheamus has the upper hand, yelling at Priest that this is what he gets for not minding his own business. This prompts Priest to ram Sheamus’s lower back into an equipment crate. Sheamus responds with more clubbing blows to Priest’s back. They’re finally able to be separated, but not for long as Priest escapes the grip of the referees and begins brawling with Sheamus again. Officials are able to separate the two for a short while. That is, until Sheamus right back at Priest, using a fire extinguisher on him. With officials moving out of the way, Sheamus runs full speed at Priest and spears him through the set for backstage interviews. Both men are down and struggling to get up, prompting officials to call for Adam and Sonya.

1682680798826.png

Back from the break, the cameras go to Adam and Sonya’s office, where Adam is heard asking the WWE doctor what’s the status of Sheamus and Damian Priest. The WWE doctor says he’s unable to give an update as of now as both guys have just entered the medical room and are still being evaluated. Sonya cuts in, asking if Sheamus will be ready for tonight’s main event, garnering a shrug and an apology from the doctor as he reiterates that he’s unable to give an update. The doctor leaves, leaving Adam and Sonya, even more irritated at the situation.

Ricochet-vs-John-Morrison.png

MATCH THREE | SINGLES MATCH
Ricochet vs. John Morrison

Ricochet and Morrison are cut from the same athletic cloth, being able to do the moves they do. In fact, some of the moves they’ve done are probably moves only they can do. Early on, there were many stalemates between them as these two wrestlers have history outside of WWE. Things turned to Morrison’s favor after catching Ricochet after he tried a plancha. With Ricochet on Morrison’s shoulder, Morrison proceeded to powerbomb Ricochet’s lower back onto the barricade.

Being the veteran that he is, Morrison began to work on Ricochet’s lower back, flooring the high flyer. Morrison was close to putting the match away on a few occasions, but Ricochet kept kicking out. Showing a little frustration, Morrison began digging multiple forearm shots into Ricochet’s back. Knowing Morrison’s point of attack, Ricochet did his best not to show his back to Morrison. Later on, Morrison whips Ricochet to the corner hard and with Ricochet protecting his back, he runs into the turnbuckle chest-first. With Morrison looking to follow up, Ricochet jumps over Morrison. When Morrison turns around, he’s met with a high knee that echoes throughout the American Airlines Center, receiving some ooh’s from the crowd. With Morrison down on the mat, Ricochet quickly scales the top rope, and lands a 630 senton that puts Morrison away for the three count.

RESULT: Ricochet wins via pinfall (11:17)

After the match, referee Jason Ayers raised Ricochet’s hand in the air. When Morrison was recovering from the 630 senton, Ricochet approached him, looking for a handshake. Morrison looked at his offer for a moment as the Dallas crowd began cheering for Morrison to shake Ricochet’s hand. However, Morrison rolls out of the ring as a response to Ricochet’s failed handshake, drawing boos from the crowd.

We go backstage in the office of Adam and Sonya once more, who are bickering with one another regarding Sheamus and his condition. They stop and look to their left where Akira Tozawa, the 24/7 Champion, shows up with his trusty ninjas right behind him. The 24/7 Champion is all smiles while the opposite can be said of Adam and Sonya. Sonya tells Tozawa now is not the time to bother them. Adam agrees, telling Tozawa to say what he needs to say because they’re busy right now. Tozawa chuckles, getting between Adam and Sonya, putting his arms around their shoulders. He tells Adam and Sonya to relax and not to work too hard. Speaking of relaxing and not working too hard, Tozawa requests for a vacation after all the shenanigans he and his ninjas have gone through as the 24/7 Champion. He points to his ninjas, who have multiplied in number, now covering every inch of the office. Before Adam and Sonya can say a word, Tozawa is rolled up… by one of the ninjas? Tozawa kicks out! A nearby ninja removes the mask of the ninja who tried to pin Tozawa - it’s R-Truth! He tries to escape, but not before causing chaos amongst the ninjas. Everyone’s trying to get a piece of Truth as Adam and Sonya do their best to get out of the situation as the cameras roll to a commercial break.

1682680798847.png

The-New-Day-vs-T-BAR-MACE.png

MATCH FOUR | TAG TEAM MATCH
New Day vs. Mace and T-Bar

Back from the break, we are greeted with a match of the tag team variety in which there is such a contrast in chemistry between the two teams. T-Bar hesitated to tag Mace into the match early on, wanting to get things done himself. It worked for the most part, even getting a near fall on Xavier Woods. However, since T-Bar didn’t want to tag Mace in, Mace took it upon himself to get into the match by tagging himself in. The two bickered back and forth, allowing New Day to capitalize. Woods would grab T-Bar’s boot from the outside, pulling him out of the ring, seemingly to the pleasure of Mace. However, when Mace turned around, he was met with Trouble in Paradise, getting pinned for the three count.

RESULT: New Day wins via pinfall (5:48)

New Day celebrates their win atop the stage, furthering their tag team title aspirations with the win. In the ring, T-Bar and Mace bicker once more with the mics catching T-Bar blaming Mace for all the failures they’ve had as a team. Mace had enough, pushing his tag team partner, before walking away. However, before Mace can make it through the ropes, T-Bar runs towards him and connects with a knee strike that knocks Mace out! The Dallas crowd murmurs, not knowing how to react to the situation at hand. T-Bar looks to the outside at his fallen tag team partner, who is being aided by a few referees now. He makes his way out of the ring, looking at Mace again, as the referees plead with him not to try anything else. On commentary, Smith says we may have seen the last of Mace and T-Bar as a team.

Sarah Schreiber is backstage once again, introducing us to her guest at this time - Keith Lee. Sarah emphasizes how big of an opportunity Keith has in the main event of tonight’s show. Further, Keith's name was one that many backstage were surprised to see. Keith smiles, saying he’s not surprised and doesn’t blame those that have those thoughts. He mentions how he’s been out with a heart issue and that was a scary thing, probably the toughest challenge he’s had to overcome. But now, after being cleared by multiple doctors, his heart is stronger than ever, and what his heart wants is to show out for the WWE universe because he couldn’t imagine himself doing anything else. Yes, this is a big opportunity to challenge for the WWE Championship, but more importantly, this is a new life that he’s been granted - he won’t waste it as he looks to bask in his glory once more.

1682680798868.png

Matt-Riddle-vs-Omos.png

MATCH FIVE | SINGLES MATCH
Matt Riddle vs. Omos

With their partners opting to stay in the back to get ready for the main event, Riddle and Omos would be on their own for this singles bout. Anyone who faces Omos would have a tough time due to the sheer size of the 7’3 Nigerian. For Matt Riddle, this was no different. Early on, Riddle would try to take the legs of the Nigerian giant to no avail as every attempt was thwarted. In fact, Riddle couldn’t get close to Omos without Omos pushing him away or power slamming him onto the mat, garnering some early two counts.

Raw’s resident bro was certain his strategy would work. Due to his persistence, Riddle utilized his speed and upper core strength to take down the giant with a dragon screw. With the big man on the floor, Riddle began focusing his attention on Omos’s right leg. He was so close to ending the match after hitting a Floating Bro right onto Omos’ right leg.

Enough was enough as AJ Styles made an appearance, climbing onto the ring apron to argue with referee Shawn Bennett. The Dallas crowd began cheering at the arrival of Randy Orton. He grabs onto Styles’ boot, but Styles would backflip over Orton in an impressive display of athleticism, only to be run down with a lariat from Orton much to the cheers of the Dallas crowd. Just then, Omos’s massive hands were around Orton’s head, being picked up from the ground and onto the apron. With the distraction, Riddle rolled up Omos, picking up Omos’s other leg, and running in place to make it more difficult for Omos to kickout - and that’s three!

RESULT: Matt Riddle wins via pinfall (7:35)

After the match, Riddle joins Orton on top of the stage, all smiles as their foes look at them menacingly from the ring. Graves says Riddle escaped with a win here tonight but they won’t be escaping Summerslam with those tag team titles.

Speaking of titles, Sarah Schreiber is backstage with the person who failed to regain the Raw Women’s Championship, Charlotte Flair. The Queen looks to be in no mood tonight as she enters the camera shot. She asks Charlotte what’s next for her after not being able to win back the Raw Women’s title at Money in the Bank. Charlotte scowls at Sarah, saying she may not have regained her title, but she’s still standard around these parts, continuing to say she’ll be back on top sooner rather than later. Before Sarah can ask another question, a redheaded woman enters the scene, to a mild pop from the crowd. She scans Charlotte from head to toe, garnering a glare from the Queen.

The Queen tells her that fans aren’t allowed backstage before calling for security. The woman grins, saying she’s not a fan. She says she’s Raw’s newest acquisition, Kay Lee Ray. She continues on saying she’s unsure what all the fuss is about with Charlotte as she’s heard so many great things, but what she sees in front of her is an entitled bitch, crying because she didn’t get what she wanted. Charlotte is the one grinning now, clearly not happy with KLR. She responds with a power slap onto KLR before walking off-screen. Sarah retreats from the scene, leaving the cameras on KLR, who is seething from what just transpired, as we go into a commercial break.

1682680798888.png

Eva-Marie-vs-Alexa-Bliss.png

MATCH SIX | SINGLES MATCH
Eva Marie w/Doudrop vs. Alexa Bliss

Eva Marie along with her hesitant colleague, Doudrop, were up against multi-time Women’s Champion in Alexa Bliss. Knowing this, Eva needed to have a plan in order to come out with the victory. Every time Alexa tried to engage with Eva, but every time she would try and do so, Eva made sure to get between the ropes so the referee would keep Alexa far away from her. She did this many times, frustrating Alexa in the process. The Dallas crowd was not a fan of this and made Eva know about it by booing her every time she did it.

However, those boos changed to cheers when Doudrop, stood in front of an unsuspecting Eva Marie, who was running away from Alexa Bliss on the outside. Eva stood to her feet and began to berate Doudrop. Before long, Doudrop had enough, screaming, “It’s Piper Niven, bitch!” before throwing Eva inside the ring where she fell victim to Sister Abigail from Alexa Bliss.

RESULT: Alexa Bliss wins via pinfall (4:57)

After the match, Alexa looked perplexed, unsure why she hit Sister Abigail on Eva. When her hand was raised in victory, she immediately left the ring, running away from the situation. Meanwhile, Doudrop, now Piper Niven, stood atop the ramp, smiling, as she was cheered on by the Dallas crowd much to the chagrin of Eva Marie.

A video package begins to play - a smooth guitar riff starts to play in the background repeatedly as the sound of a bonfire fills the screen. Slowly, the scene becomes brighter. A mysterious figure walks closer towards the fire, but is still far enough so their face isn’t visible to the screen. The voice of the figure is muffled, not clear as to what is being said. A frenzy of voices begin speaking uncontrollably. “Walk” is the only word that is understood before everything turns silent and completely dark again. A few seconds later, the embers of the bonfire are heard cracking into the dark sky. The camera’s last shot is of a hand from the mysterious figure sticking out, still dark enough for the figure’s face not to be seen. “Walk with me,” the voice of the mysterious figure says, before we cut to commercial.

1682680798910.png

Back from the break, Nikki A.S.H. is seen walking backstage before stopping in place. The camera pans out to Piper Niven, who is biting her nails, still unsure of her actions from earlier. Nikki says what Piper did out there was awesome, really bringing it to Eva Marie, stating that so many people have wanted to shut Eva Marie up. Piper lightens up and smiles at Nikki in response. Nikki continues, saying Piper’s got a friend in her if ever she needs help. Piper smiles and nods, leaving the scene, with Nikki looking on.

In the trainer’s room, Dr. Jeffrey Westerfield is giving Sheamus the bad news, saying he doesn’t think he should compete tonight. Sheamus is incensed, standing from his seat, kicking away at a nearby plant. Adam and Sonya enter the room. Adam tells Sheamus to listen to Dr. Westerfield’s orders while Sonya advises him to take it easy. Sheamus glares at Adam and Sonya, saying nothing will stop him from going out there to compete for a shot at the WWE Championship. Adam said he thought Sheamus was going to say that, prompting a confused look on Sonya’s face.

Adam brings up a clipboard and pen with a piece of paper on it. Sonya doesn’t like the look of this and puts it down, whispering to Adam, asking if this is a good idea. Adam ignores her and shows the piece of paper to Sheamus. He says if Sheamus signs this piece of paper, then WWE isn’t liable for the injuries Sheamus currently has and may sustain during the match tonight. Sheamus nods his head, signing on the dotted line almost immediately. Sonya, turns around, obviously upset at the situation. When Sheamus walks out, she glares at Adam, who shrugs in response.

Keith-Lee-vs-AJ-Styles-vs-Randy-Orton-vs-Sheamus.png

MATCH SEVEN | FATAL-FOUR-WAY | CHAMPIONSHIP CONTENDERS MATCH

*Winner gets a shot at the WWE Championship*
Keith Lee vs. AJ Styles vs. Sheamus vs. Randy Orton

Referee Rod Zapata would have the tall task of keeping order in this fatal-four-way match. In the early stages of the match, the match would pair off with Styles and Orton going at one another and Keith and Sheamus going at one another. With the faces gaining the upper advantage, Styles and Sheamus were both thrown out of the ring. That’s when the crowd began cheering loudly as Keith and Orton faced off. Orton says some things to Keith, something along the lines of Orton being here before so Keith won’t be stopping him from winning this match. Keith smiles, telling Orton to bring the fight to him. However, before they can throw punches, both Styles and Sheamus enter the ring and get the advantage over their respective foe.

This is when Styles turned Sheamus around, saying they should work together - and that’s exactly what they did. First, they took care of Orton then threw him out of the ring. Then they turned their attention to the big man, who put up a better fight, but still fell victim to the numbers game. When it was just Styles and Sheamus in the ring, Styles played coy, telling Sheamus what a good job they’ve done before trying a schoolboy pin on Styles! Sheamus kicked out and on the rebound, attempted a Brogue Kick onto Styles who quickly rolled out of the ring. With Sheamus alone in the ring, he pounded his chest, letting out a scream before we head to a commercial break.

1682680798930.png

Back from the break, there’s still no clear winner as Styles and Orton were fighting on the outside while Keith and Sheamus brawled on the inside. Looking to put Orton away for good, Styles threw Orton shoulder-first into the steel steps. In the ring, Keith was gaining momentum, using his big man mobility to floor the Celtic Warrior. On the outside, Styles immediately picked Orton up and dumped him over the barricade. He took a few moments to catch his breath. Moments later, he checks on Orton, who is struggling to get to his feet. Styles takes a few steps away from Orton before getting on the opposite side of the barricade. With Orton looking to get back into the match, Styles runs the barricade in an impressive showing of athletic ability and leaps off, connecting with a Phenomenal Forearm onto Orton over the barricade! This move garners a ton of cheers and a good amount of boos.

In the ring, Keith seemed to have Sheamus right where he wanted him in the corner. But when he tried for a corner splash, Sheamus moved and connected with a one-handed backbreaker on the big man! With that, everyone was down for the count. Referee Rod Zapata got to a count of eight when both Keith and Sheamus got to their feet on opposite sides of the ring. The camera pans out a bit to see Styles has entered the fray as well, holding Keith in place from the ring apron, shouting at Sheamus to hit the Brogue Kick. Sheamus ran full speed ahead towards Keith, but the big man was able to free himself from Styles’s grasp, resulting in Sheamus delivering a Brogue Kick to Styles, who crashes and burns on the outside!

Slowly turning around, seeing the big man ready to pounce, Sheamus ran towards Keith looking to land a lariat. On the rebound, Sheamus goes for the Brogue Kick! But is lifted in the air by Keith, landing on Keith’s shoulders, then landing hard on the mat! SPIRIT BOMB! Keith shoots the half - 1! 2! 3!

RESULT: Keith Lee wins via pinfall (14:19)

The American Airlines Center erupts in cheers for the upset victory by Keith Lee. Referee Rod Zapata raises his arm in victory as we see the emotion from Keith Lee. On commentary, Smith reminds us that Keith Lee was out of commission because of a heart issue but tonight, he has earned the right to challenge Bobby Lashley for the WWE Championship. The cameras show Lashley and MVP watching Keith’s victory from a monitor backstage. The WWE Champion looks unphased, looking ready for his next challenger. MVP motions for them to leave the scene and so they do. Back in the ring, Keith is celebrating with the crowd, posing for the thousands in attendance.

END.

BTBer's Note: Feels awesome getting this posted as it's been way too long since I last posted a show. There may be some errors here and there, but that's to be expected after the long hiatus since my last show. This is how shows will be looking for weeklies. I may even go even shorter than this show. For PPVs or Premium Live Events as they're called now, matches will be lengthier. Other than that, this is the format you'll be seeing. Big shoutout to Looking Glass for the graphics! They really make the show look so much better. Hopefully the content is just as good. I appreciate anyone who takes the time to read the show. I hope you all enjoy.

Last edited:

Melbourne Made

Reaction score
Love the presentation overall man, I am going to be reading this as it progresses

• Love

Deco90

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Sports Team
53tBXAk
1683903829399.png

WWE Smackdown - #Surprise
Episode - #1144
Rocket Mortgage FieldHouse - Cleveland, Ohio

July 23, 2021

Before the camera's are rolling we are greeted to a video package showcasing the Smackdown side of things from the now in the rear-view Money in the Bank! We start with the Usos! Jimmy & Jey, the Smackdown WWE Tag Team Champions who successfully defeated the Father and Son duo of Rey & Dominik Mysterio. Dom Mysterio taking the pin after a double super-kick from Jimmy & Jey before Jimmy would cover after an Uso splash! Next up and it was the frenzy of the Womens 'MITB' match! Liv Morgan told the WWE Universe to watch her, and Fort Worth Texas did with joy as Liv Morgan defeated Alexa Bliss, Asuka, Naomi, Natalya, Zelina Vega & Tamina to capture the briefcase!

The second 'MITB' match came next, and it was a moment to remember and savour for Big E! Big E stepping out from the New Day and going on to defeat Drew McIntyre, John Morrison, Kevin Owens, Nakamura, Ricochet, Riddle & Seth Rollins. Next came the Main Event of the evening! 'The Tribal Chief' and 'Head of the Table' WWE Universal Champion! Roman Reigns! Reigns taking on perhaps his toughest challenge to date in the form of legendary Hall of Famer, the 'Rated R Superstar' Edge! The video footage shows Edge in control of the match before the Usos then came out and attempted to interfere in the match, however this was thwarted by Rey and Dominik Mysterio, who attacked them before they reached the ring. With the pressure truly on and Roman Reigns staring down the barrel of defeat. Reigns would clutch the moment - hitting Edge with a huge spear and covering for the Three! Roman Reigns then standing tall raising his WWE Universal Championship in the air before calling for a microphone and asking Texas, and the whole WWE Universe to acknowledge him! To the shock of Texas, and to a huge ovation came the return of John Cena! Cena in his first appearance since WrestleMania 36 in April 2020. Money in the Bank ended with John Cena telling Roman "You Can't See Me" as the scene faded and the video package ended.

1683903904004.png

"Are You Ready" by AC/DC blares from the speakers as the pyro fizzes around the Smackdown stage. We're quickly welcomed to episode 1144 of Friday Night Smackdown! LIVE on FOX by Michael Cole & Pat McAfee as Cole confirms we're LIVE with a raucous crowd from Rocket Mortgage FieldHouse! Cleveland, Ohio! McAfee asks Cole if he can feel the energy of the WWE Universe tonight because it's pulsing through his body after the success of Money in the Bank! Michael Cole quickly confirms that he too is excited to see the fall-out from 'MITB' before confirming that we will hear from the NEW! Mr Money in the Bank Big E tonight as he celebrates his momentous victory!

Cole also confirms that tonight Smackdown Woman's Champion Bianca Belair will be defending her Championship against Carmella! Before Cole can say any more - An excited Pat McAfee is already out of his seat and on his feet as he says that he's just heard that someone has arrived right here in Ohio! The camera then cuts backstage where we see the man that arguably stole the headlines at Money in the Bank..

John Cena! The 16 time World Champion is making his way through the backstage, heading towards the ring. Exchanges with the Mysterios & The Street Profits are shown before we see Big E enter the shot with a smile on his face holding his 'MITB' briefcase. Cena shaking hands with everyone before tipping his hat in acknowledgement to the success of Big E before walking through gorilla and stepping out onto the stage to a HUGE pop from the Ohio crowd.

THE TIME IS NOW!!

1683903958888.png

Michael Cole & Pat McAfee marvel at the return of John Cena to Smackdown! McAfee reminding us of his appearance at 'MITB' confronting the 'Tribal Chief' Roman Reigns. Cena stands for a moment - taking in the applause and cheers from the Ohio crowd before tapping his chest, tipping his hat and then running down the ramp and sliding into the ring. Cena raises his arms before requesting a microphone from ringside and addressing the WWE Universe!

Cena first thanks Ohio for the reaction tonight before thanking the whole of the WWE Universe for welcoming him back at Money in the Bank! Cena says he's been away a long time but that the WWE will always be his HOME! John then talks about Roman Reigns defeating Edge this past Sunday and how he's STILL the WWE Universal Champion! Cena then says that since Roman has the Championship, and since Roman wants to be the man around here! Well... My good friend, the 'Nature Boy' Ric Flair used to tell me, if you want to be the man, you've got to beat the man!

Small pop and "Wooohhoooo" for the mention of the 'Nature Boy'

Cena continues on to say that make no mistake about it Roman, you're the GUY! You're the FACE of Smackdown! But you're only that because I'm not here and when I am, like right now, you go back to being second at best - Because unlike you, I respect these people and they let us know with their hands, their feet and more importantly their voices who is number one! And it's never going to be someone that walks around here, using their bloodline to help him carry his bags and to victories!

Ohhh! A short gasp from the Ohio crowd as they chant Cena's name.

Cena then turns towards the camera in the ring, staring down the middle of the lens as if to talk directly to Roman. Cena says Roman has a chance to prove once and for all that he is who he says he is by defending that Championship against me at SummerSlam! Ohio pops at the sound of the challenge as Pat McAfee shouts in joy that this is a huge moment - speculating that we could be about to see Roman Reigns vs John Cena at your summer vacation destination! SummerSlam!

DONE WITH THAT!!

1683904097580.png

While John Cena was anticipating the arrival of Roman Reigns - He's greeted by the Uso's of the Bloodline. Jimmy & Jey strolling out from the back with smiles on their faces as if they're laughing at Cena's words, and with microphones in hand ready to retort to the 16 time World Champion.

Jimmy speaks first and declares that not even John Cena the "Movie Star" gets to see the 'Tribal Chief' when he wishes, he needs to get to the back of the queue with the rest of those looking to stay on the island of relevancy! Jey then chimes in and says that John Cena has an audience with the WWE Smackdown Tag Team Champions though and they're bringing a message directly from Roman Reigns!

It's then bad news for John Cena as Jimmy & Jey drop their microphones before placing their Tag Team Championships on the stage before running down the ramp. Ohio pops as John Cena throws his hat into the crowd before taking off his shirt and telling the Uso's to come and get some! The FIGHT is on! Jimmy & Jey have entered the ring and begin swinging as John Cena starts to fight back! The crowd is firmly with Cena but the numbers are against him. Jimmy taking Cena's leg from behind before Jey swamps him with a flurry of punches and kicks.

METALINGUS!!

Just when it was looking really bad for John Cena - Ohio POPS as the sound of Edge's theme hits the smackdown stage and out comes the 'Rated R Superstar' with fire in his eyes. Edge entering the ring and immediately flattening Jey Uso with a huge SPEAR!! Jey Uso rolling out of the ring holding his stomach and ribs. John Cena now overcomes Jimmy with a couple of strikes before picking him and dropping him down with the ATTITUDE ADJUSTMENT!! Edge & Cena have cleared house as Cleveland, Ohio is going crazy for the image of John Cena & Edge standing side by side! Michael Cole quickly reminding us that these two men are no strangers to each other and have a long history as rivals but tonight they have a common enemy in the form of Roman Reigns and the Bloodline! With the Uso's now in full retreat and with Edge & Cena still in the ring. Cena and Edge shake hands as once again the crowd pop and cheer for the show of respect from two legends of World Wrestling Entertainment as Smackdown heads to it's first commercial break of the evening.

>> COMMERCIAL <<

1683904149767.png

Smackdown returns from the break and we're backstage where we see Roman's 'Special Counsel' Paul Heyman! Heyman perhaps on the phone to the 'Tribal Chief' when Jimmy & Jey Uso enter the camera shot - nursing their wounds from the opening segment of Smackdown!

1683904187921.png

Paul Heyman quickly ends the phone call before asking Jimmy and Jey..

"What was THAT?!" - Paul Heyman

The Usos both stare back at Heyman before looking down to the floor like two kids in trouble.

"May I remind the both of you, that you were to carry out a message DIRECTLY from the Head of the Table, mine and your, Tribal Chief? And what do you both do, Jimmy and Jey? You both got beat up and RAN.. AWAY!" - Paul Heyman

Heyman shakes his head and facepalms as the Uso's continue to look down.

"You know what.. I..I..I'm going to handle this. I'm going to speak to Adam Pearce and Sonya Deville, and I'm going to get you guys another oppertunity to get that message across from the Tribal Chief. I'm going to make things right. You two better be ready when the time comes, because I would hate to inform the head of the table that his cousins, his own flesh and blood, his brothers of the great Anoai Bloodline have let him down! Understand?" - Paul Heyman

Jimmy & Jey nod with scowls on their faces as they tell Heyman they're going to make things right as they walk off and out of the camera shot. As they do, Heyman attempts to reconnect his call when a deep laugh can be heard that's getting louder and louder with an obnoxious tone. Heyman then looks up and sees Big E with a beaming smile on his face as he taps the Money in the Bank briefcase he's holding close to his chest. Big E then starts to circle Heyman and continues laughing before speaking.

"YEEAAAAAAAHHHHH, YEAAAAHHHHHHHH! MY TIME IS COMING! YOU BETTER TELL THE CHIEF THAT MY TIME IS COMING! I CAN FEEL IT! OHHHHH CAN YOU FEEL IT, PAUL? YEAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!" - Big E

Heyman just stares with a panic in his eye knowing that as well as Cena, there may be a new threat to Roman's Championship reign in the form of the 'MITB' winner; Big E! The scene then fades with an excited Big E dancing and shaking out of the picture as Heyman watches on before making a call.

1683904218405.png

The camera footage then returns to ringside where Greg Hamilton is already stood in the middle of the ring ready to announce the first match of the evening!

1683904709205.png

MATCH ONE l TAG TEAM MATCH
Alpha Academy (Chad Gable & Otis) vs The Street Profits (Angelo Dawkins & Montez Ford)

Summary: Smackdown's first match of the night came in the form of some tag team action! The energetic duo of the Street Profits bringing the hype and directness while Gable & Otis brought the wrestling smarts and craftiness inside the ring. A real clash of styles would come down to Dawkins & Gable as the legal men. Otis had charged at Dawkins only for Angelo to leap frog impressive overly the Academies' big man. Otis going flying over the top rope as Montez came flying over the top with a high-risk dive bringing him down to the outside. Dawkins in the ring then went for the finish - missing Gable who was in the corner with the NBA SLAM!! Dawkins crashing into the turnbuckle leads Gable to gripping him and bringing him down with the ALPHA-PLEX!! Gable then rolls through before locking in the ANKLE LOCK!! It's a matter of time before Dawkins is forced to tap in the middle of the ring as Referee John Cone calls for the ring bell.

Alpha Academy (W) - 07:37 Match Time.

"ANNDDD YOUR WINNERS! REPRESENTING THE ALPHA ACADEMY! OTIISSSS! AND CHAD GABLE!" - Greg Hamilton

Montez had slid in the ring to try and rescue his partner Dawkins but wasn't in time and the damage was done. Chad Gable quickly sliding out of the ring and pointing towards his head and brain to suggest he outsmarted the Profits tonight. Gable then grabs Otis before kissing him as he shouts "AH, THANK YOUUUUUUU!" at the fans in the front row as the show moves on.

1683904840217.png

The Titantron is live as a vignette begins to air on Smackdown. We see a backstreet alley way, gritty and decked in graffiti as we see a masked woman with a hood zipped up over her head hiding her identity. A black bandana hangs from her back jean pocket as a baseball cap hangs from the side of her jeans, clipped to her belt across her waist. Next to her a trash can that's burning and illuminating some of the alley.

"August 22, 2009. 18 years of age I made my debut inside a wrestling ring. Independents, taking every booking I could to put some food on my plate and money in my pocket. Fire in my eyes and a desire to prove everyone who thought I would amount to nothing.. WRONG! These streets, they will eat you up and spit you out unless you know how to fight. Fighting is the only thing I know how to do and I've fought all my LIFE! I fought in the Combat Zone, I fought for Honor, I've fought to Shine! I've fought to make an IMPACT! I've done everything I had too, jumped through every hoop to make something of myself in this business and I did it MY WAY! Then I get the call.. It's the big corporation. They want me to come down and be an extra, a rose bud. Hell, I want my foot in the door - I'll do it. Mae Young Classic.. Twice! Hell, maybe they'll sign me - I'll do it.

NOTHING! Back I go to the streets where I made my name, down the road of those independent shows, scratching and clawing for the bigger oppertunity and to make some real money. Then.. I get the call. My chance of Retribution? They wanted a reckoning.. and the reckoning was their creation.."
- ???

The vignette then ends and the footage returns to ringside.

"I think I have an idea who that might be, Cole! And I'm not talking about the Gobbledy Gooker!" - Pat McAfee

"I think I have an idea too, Pat. It seems somebody has a story to tell and I am hearing that part-two of this story will air next week on Smackdown when we're LIVE from Minneapolis, Minnesota!" - Michael Cole

"MINNESOOOTTTAAAAAAAA! We'll be seeing you real soon!" - Pat McAfee

"Pat I'm getting some HUGE breaking news in my ear, and I'm sure you can hear it too? WWE Universe, you're not going to believe this but it appears that Paul Heyman as promised did indeed approach management earlier, and via confirmation from both Adam Pearce & Sonya Deville - We have a HUGE, HUGE MAIN EVENT THIS EVENING! The Smackdown Tag Team Champions of Jimmy & Jey Uso will get this! Face the team of the 'Rated R Superstar' Edge! And the 16-time World Champion! The man himself - JOHHNNN CEENNAAA!" - Michael Cole

"CLEVELAND OHIO! WWE UNIVERSE! WE'RE FEASTING TONIGHT ON THE GLORIOUS BANQUET OF A WRESTLING SMORGASBORD FOR THE AGES! JOHN CENA AND EDGE VS THE USOS! UNBELIEVABLE!" - Pat McAfee

"As you can tell, Pat is Excited! I'm excited! This to come and more as Smackdown returns from the break" - Michael Cole

>> COMMERCIAL BREAK <<

1683904901863.png

FEEL THE POWER!!

Smackdown returns from the break and there's a HUGE pop for the 2021 male Money in the Bank winner and Smackdowns own; Big E! Big E powering out from behind the curtain clutching the briefcase as he raises it for the crowd who respond with a huge cheer and begin chanting "BIG E! BIG E! BIG E!" over and over as the New Day member begins to shuffle down to ringside with the commentary duo of Pat McAfee & Michael Cole putting his performance at 'MITB' over and the hard work that has gone into his career and how much he deserves this moment right now!

1683904933734.png

Mr Money in the Bank then enters then ring via the steel steps, picking up the microphone that was placed for him before entering the ring and letting out a scream of positive energy before holding up the briefcase with pure joy. Cleveland again responding with huge cheers as Big E takes in the applause before speaking.

overcome with emotion as you can tell by his voice at what this means to Big E, he starts by talking about the Money in the Bank match and calling it the BIGGEST victory of his career! Big E then quickly thanks his brothers of the New Day, Kofi Kingston and Xavier Woods!

New Day pop and chant from the fans in attendance.

Big E says that without their support and brotherhood, always supporting and pushing each other, none of this would be possible right now and this isn't only for him.. It's for them too! Big E says but it's not just for me, it's not just for them, it's for all of you too as he points to the WWE Universe before thanking them for always believing in him from his days of NXT to right here on Smackdown!

"YOU DESERVE IT!" retorts the WWE Universe as Big E smiles before continuing on.

He says that now comes the serious part. Who does he choose? Does he pick the 'Almighty' - The fighting machine that is the WWE Champion Bobby Lashley?! OR does he pick the so-called 'Head of the Table' - The WWE Universal Champion and the seemingly unbeatable Roman Reigns?!

Big E places his hand on his chin as he pretends to think for a moment as the crowd have their say, boos and cheers for the mentions of Big E possibly facing either Bobby Lashley or Roman Reigns as Michael Cole calls either a mouth-watering prospect to see such a match for either the WWE Universal or WWE Championship! Big E then looks like he's ready to answer the question when all attention turns to the stage..

WORLDS APART!!

Boos rain down on the conspiracist Sami Zayn as he ruins the moment of Big E. Sami has a microphone in hand and quickly cuts off his own theme music before saying he doesn't mean any disrespect to Big E right now, he knows that E is happy, and everyone is so happy for him, it's a wonderful time! Yay! Everyone is happy that Big E FINALLY has his moment! Phew! But when does Sami Zayn get his moment, eh? Sami asks when does he get a shot at the big time? Sami says he's SO close to exposing the system around here that he wasn't even allowed to enter the 'MITB' match! So Mr Big, the only reason you have that briefcase in your clutches is because I wasn't in the match!

Sami now reaches ringside and has fired himself up, clearly believing his own conspiracy theory. Zayn then enters the ring and continues on.

I can beat you! says Sami as he says that as a matter of fact, he's challenging Big E to a match right now to prove to everyone that had he been in the match, he would be standing here as Mr Money in the Bank! Sami Zayn demands a Referee as Big E smiles and shrugs that he accepts the match. Referee Official Ryan Tran comes running down as Cole & McAfee confirm that it looks like we've got an impromptu match here on Smackdown!

1683905000223.png

MATCH TWO l SINGLES MATCH
Big E vs Sami Zayn.

Summary:
Sami Zayn is fired up and immediately attacks Big E after the sound of the bell. Despite the quick start from the conspiracist Zayn, Big E battles back and the match momentum swings back and forth between both men as the fans in attendance are fully behind Big E and booing Sami's every move. Sami Zayn at one point had Big E in a position where he looks to land the HELLUVA KICK! Running at E with real speed only to return into a oncoming freight train in the form of Big E who exploded out from the turnbuckle with the E-TRAIN!! A running body block that crumbles Sami like paper down to the ring canvas. Big E then scoops up Zayn like waffles before bringing him back down to the canvas with the BIG ENDING!! Big E then scrambles across for the cover, hooks the leg and.. One! Two! Three!

Big E (W) - 08:52 Match Time.

"ANNNDDD YOUR WINNER! BIG! E!" - Greg Hamilton

Referee Ryan Tran raises the hand of Big E in the middle of the ring as the 'MITB' winner beats his chest before holding up the briefcase once again. Sami Zayn is now on the outside, holding and shaking his head in disappointment as the commentary team talk about how good Sami is and could be again, but that he can't see to escape this world of conspiracy he's warped himself into and it's holding him back. Attention then turns back to Big E for the commentary team as they speculate a huge future to come for Big E in the WWE! The footage then heads backstage.

1683905096190.png

"Yes, sir! No I understand completely, Sir! Okay, Understood. Yeah, I'll let Sonya know! Okay, speak soon!" - Adam Pearce

Sonya Deville had entered the GM office catching the very back end of the phone conversation as Adam Pearce takes a deep breath before putting his mobile down on the GM desk.

"Tell me.. What? Tell me what, Adam?" - Sonya Deville

1683905121128.png

"It was Mr McMahon! And he was calling to let us know that after speaking with the Board of Directors that he has decided that it's time for a Shake Up in the WWE!" - Adam Pearce

"OKKKAAAYYY, AND?" - Sonya Deville

"AND.. A Superstar Shakeup will take place on Monday Night Raw and will finish on Friday Night Smackdown following the conclusion of SummerSlam!" - Adam Pearce

Sonya shrugs wondering why Adam is speaking with worry in his tone.

"Okay, Superstar Shake Up! Fine! We can get to work on that.. And I was think-" - Sonya Deville

"NO, SONYA! You don't understand. Mr McMahon said that along with the Shake Up of Superstars, there will also be a Shake Up of Management and that includes ME and.. YOU!" - Adam Pearce

Sonya's face has now dropped as she throws up her arms and her tone is more aggressive.

"ME? WHY ME?! I've made both Smackdown & Raw better since becoming a CO-GM and I have so many plans, I have so many things I want to do.. THIS.. THIS CANNONT BE RIGHT, PEARCE?! YOU'VE GOT IT WRONG- YOU'VE GOT IT WRONG!" - Sonya Deville

Adam Pearce shakes his head calmly. Adam clearly taking the news better than Sonya is.

"No, Sonya. There is no mistake. Mr McMahon, the McMahon Family and the Board of Directors appreciate the job we have done and will continue to do till SummerSlam but want the draft to go back to being more strictly enforced to encourage competition, and in the spirit of competition - only one of me or you are going to continue on as a General Manager and that more will be explained to both of us this Monday at Raw!" - Adam Pearce

Sonya is now in full panic mode. Shaking her head. Sonya then throws her hands up before slamming the desk and leaving the General Managers office as the footage heads to a commercial break.

>> COMMERCIAL BREAK <<

1683905159600.png

Smackdown returns to ringside from the commercial break where Greg Hamilton is waiting in the ring to announce the next match of the evening!

"Ladies and Gentleman! This next match is set for one fall, and will be contested for the WWE Smackdown Woman's Championship!" - Greg Hamilton

1683905230971.png

MATCH THREE l WWE SMACKDOWN WOMENS CHAMPIONSHIP l SINGLES MATCH
Bianca Belair (C) vs Carmella W/ Zelina Vega

Summary:
The ring bell sounded and immediately Carmella hugged the ropes as Bianca went to attack. Carmella staring early with the mind games and tricks to slow down the contest and get into the head of Bianca Belair. Carmella even exiting the ring on multiple occasions to talk strategy with Zelina Vega on the outside who also attempted to get into the mind of Bianca with some heckling and trash talk. Eventually the games and childish antics would draw to a close, with Carmella having to put her money where her mouth is and compete with Bianca in the middle of the ring. Despite an impressive showing from Carmella and coming close on one or two occasions, even using the ropes for leverage at one point before official Jessika Carr would notice and break up the count. The class of Bianca would show as the 'EST of WWE' landed with a huge spear that folded Carmella inside out before picking her up in position of the K.O.D!! Zelina knew what was coming next and tried a desperate attempt to interfere only for Bianca to use Carmella like a ram and knock Vega off the ring apron and to the flooring before delivering the KISS OF DEATH!! Bianca then scoring with the pin! One! Two! Three!

Bianca Belair (W) - 09:38 Match Time.

"YOUR WINNER! ANNNDD STILL! WWE SMACKDOWN WOMANS CHAMPION! THE 'EST OF WWE' BIANCA! BELLLAAIRRR!" - Greg Hamilton

1683905370707.png

The crowd cheer for Bianca as Referee Jessika Carr raises her arm in victory! On the outside Carmella is being consoled by Zelina Vega and you can already see that both ladies are plotting some instant revenge. 'Mella & Vega now stirring before sliding into the ring and circling Bianca who doesn't stand down. Just when it looks like Carmella & Zelina are about to make their move, cavalry shows up in the form of the WWE Women's Tag Team Champions!

NEW FOUNDATION!!

Tamina & Natalya quickly make their way down the ramp, and before they even reach the ring - Mella' & Vega have backed down and begin exiting via the crowd. The last show we see is the three Champions of Tamina, Natalya & Bianca standing side by side as the WWE Universe shows their appreciation before the LIVE footage heads backstage.

1683905453230.png

We the 'Rated R Superstar' sat down on a chair as he's taping up his wrists with a steel eyed expression on his face. There's then a knock on the door as it breaks the focus of Edge who tells the knocker to come in. It's John Cena.

"John!" - Edge

"...Adam!" - John Cena

A brief moment of their famous rivalry flashing before themselves as John Cena & Edge come face to face backstage. A small moment of tension with enough time for the Cleveland crowd to dream about seeing these two once more in the ring one on one as John Cena then breaks the silence.

"I just wanted to come in here and personally thank you. I appreciate you having my back tonight, and it looks like we're teaming against the Usos in the Main Event. I just want you to know, I've always respected you as a performer, I respect you as a man, and I've got your back tonight in the Main Event" - John Cena

Edge nods before smiling and replying.

"Me and you, John. It's fair to say we've had our differences, our fights, our rivalries.. but I respect you too! I appreciate you coming in here and saying that. Look, I've got my own issues with Roman and his Bloodline, so I'm not going to pretend I came out there just for you, because I didn't - I'm a different man then the Edge you knew back then. Morals, principles, call it whatever you want but tonight it's my honour to team with you and take down Jimmy & Jey a peg or two!" - Edge

It's now John Cena's turn to nod in appreciation as he extends his arm out to Edge. Edge looks down at Cena's offer before shaking his hand as the scene ends and returns to ringside.

1683905480800.png

"Ohhhh man! Edge and Cena on the same page, Cole? We might be looking at the NEW! MEGA POWERS! I don't think we've seen a team like this since Hogan and the Macho Man! And I tell you.. I DIG IT! OHHHH YEEAAAAAHHH!" - Pat McAfee

"It's going to be quite the scene folks! Hall of Famer; Edge! Teaming with the 16 time World Champion and guaranteed future Hall of Famer; John Cena! They will take on the Usos in tonight's Main Event of the evening!" - Michael Cole

TO THE TOP!!

Before the commentary team can say anymore they're cut off by the arrival of the 'Naija Prince' Apollo Crews! The Intercontinental Champion flanked by his giant Commander Azeez as the duo make their way down the ramp to a chorus of boos from the Ohio fans in attendance.

1683905574932.png

Apollo & Commander Azeez now stand in the middle of the ring. Apollo with a microphone in hand and the Intercontinental Championship shining across his waist begins to speak, addressing the WWE Universe. Apollo talks about being the 'IC' champ since April 11, 2021. WrestleMania 37. Apollo says he's bringing prestige and honour back to the Intercontinental Championship was indeed lost before him! Crews goes on to remind people that the person who came out here earlier bragging about their Money in the Bank briefcase - Big E! He's the man that he BEAT to win this championship in the first EVER Nigerian Drum Match! Apollo says that makes him above the 'MITB' winner and the greatest 'IC' champion of all time! Crews says he's so confident in his own abilities that he's issuing an open challenge.. right! now! Apollo says it can be anyone from the back, or anyone walking the streets of Ohio to face him one on one in the middle of this ring!

Apollo then hands the microphone, his scarf and his Championship to Azeez as Michael Cole asks who's going to answer the open challenge? Smackdown then rolls to a commercial break.

>> COMMERCIAL BREAK <<

1683905606372.png

1683905847375.png

MATCH FOUR l WWE INTERCONTINENTAL CHAMPIONSHIP l SINGLES MATCH
Apollo Crews (C) W/ Commander Azeez vs ???

HERO'S WELCOME!!

1683905724196.png

Cleveland pops for Ohio's own; Kassius Ohno! Ohno bursting out from behind the curtain with emotion across his face as Michael Cole tells the fans at home that this man Kassius is a veteran of the industry and has had two stints down in NXT and now it appears he's here on Smackdown and looking to win the Intercontinental Championship! Pat McAfee then chimes in and says that we've had the Milan miracle! Why not the Cleveland miracle? He says what a huge oppertunity Ohno has to burst onto the scene here in the WWE on Smackdown by becoming the 'IC' Champion!

Summary: The crowd was HOT for the surprise return of Ohio's own, Kassius Ohno! This being played up by Greg Hamilton as he was introduced and with Apollo so easily hateable, it made for a interesting dynamic! The match proved to be solid with both men able to go from bell to bell in the middle of the ring. Crews of course not shy from trying to take advantage with his Commander Azeez on the outside watching his back. At one point it looked like the shock result was on! Apollo leaping from the top rope only to be caught with Ohno's CYCLONE KICK! The discuss big boot taking Apollo of his feet and down to the canvas. Ohno then readjusting the elbow pad as he signalled for the KO! Commander Azeez then up on the ring apron as Ohno would drive him with a forearm to the face knocking the big man down. Apollo had now stumbled to his feet and right into the discuss elbow smash! KO! Apollp was lights out as he fell backwards to the canvas. Ohno then scrambling across the ring and calling the Referee to make the count! One! Two! Thr-NOOOOOOOOO! Commander Azeez pulling the Referee by his leg and breaking the count before reaching in and dragging the 'IC' Champion out of the ring. Azeez then picking up the unconscious Apollo before slinging him across his shoulder and exiting to the back giving Ohno the count-out victory!

Kassius Ohno (W) - 08:21 Match Time.

"ANNDDD YOUR WINNER! KASSIUS OHHNNNOOOOOO! BUT STILL.. YOUR INTERCONTINENTAL CHAMPION! APOLLOOOOOOO CREWWWSSSS!" - Greg Hamilton

Cleveland boos as Ohno shrugs and looks frustrated in the middle of the ring. Apollo starting to come around as he reaches the top of the stage, still being carried by Azeez with a smile across his face as he comes around to the idea that while he probably doesn't remember what happened - he's still the 'IC' Champion!

Pat McAfee calls it a screw-job as he says we SHOULD be standing here with a NEW Intercontinental Champion tonight had Commander Azeez not rescued Apollo from losing his Championship. Michael Cole agrees before praising Ohno on his first performance here on Smackdown! The Smackdown footage then leaves ringside and heads backstage.

1683905949851.png

We're backstage in the locker room where it appears that Dominik Mysterio is having a heart to heart with his father, clearly disappointed as he took the pin at Money in the Bank against the Usos.

"Papi, I lost the match, I'm the one that got pinned, and I let us down.." - Dominik Mysterio

"Dominik, my Son, Mi hijo. Being Rey Mysterio, being your Father, my life, my career - it's always been about the ups and the downs, Son. But wins or losses, they've never determined who I am.. It's the heart! It's the never quitting, that's who I am, that's who Rey Mysterio is, and that's what a Mysterio is, Dominik. I don't blame you, Mi Hijo. We both lost that match at Money in the Bank, but look how far you've come Son! Orgulloso! You make me proud to be your Father, Dominik" - Rey Mysterio

Dominik nods, trying to accept the encourage and inspiration from his Father but clearly the loss has affected him.

"I know, Dad.. I just wish.. I just wish that I would have seen it coming, and then I could have-" - Dominik Mystero

"It's okay, Son! You have done amazing but you're still learning! And that's okay, I've been in this business a long time, and I'm still learning too, Son. We'll earn our shot again, and we'll beat the Uso's and take back our WWE Smackdown Tag Team Championships and it starts next week!" - Rey Mysterio

Dom then nods his head, more receptive and believing to what Rey is saying. The Father and Son duo then embrace as they shake hands before hugging as Smackdown fades to the final commercial break of the evening.

>> COMMERCIAL BREAK <<

1683905978350.png

Michael Cole & Pat McAfee welcome the WWE Universe back from the final commercial break of the evening as they recap the episode of Smackdown till now. Cole talks about the two successful Championship defences albeit in questionable circumstances in the case of Apollo for the Woman's and Intercontinental Champions! Cole also speculates on the breaking news that Mr McMahon himself has called for a SHAKE UP! That will not only change the landscape for the superstars of WWE but also for the careers of either Sonya Deville & Adam Pearce! Cole reminds everyone to tune in Monday Night for Raw as we're going to get some more information regarding that situation.

McAfee then says enough with the Raw talk, tonight it's about the A brand, the blue brand and tonight's Main Event is going to cause a shake up of a earthquake seismic proportion! It's the WWE Smackdown Tag Team Champions; Jimmy & Jey Uso! Vs the 'Rated R Superstar' & the 16 time World Champion; John Cena! It's then over to Greg Hamilton who announces the Main Event of the evening is up next!

1683906029518.png

MAIN EVENT l FIRST TIME EVER l TAG TEAM MATCH
Edge & John Cena vs The Usos (Jimmy & Jey Uso)

Summary: The stage was set and the match was ready to go. Perhaps the biggest Main Event of Smackdown ever since being on the FOX network and there was a real big fight feel with the crowd on their feet in anticipation for this one. Despite John Cena and Edge being the better wrestlers, as a unit the Usos took the advantage and had large shares of offense in the match. Cutting off their opposition and reacting with quick tags, in and out to keep each other fresh as they went to work on their opponents through out the match. Then came an old school HOT TAG! Cleveland blowing the roof of the place as Edge finally made the tag to Cena who stormed in and started cleaning house. Jimmy & Jey bumping all over for the 16 time Champion as he was fired up to be back in action. Cena had Jimmy up on his shoulders and was looking to plant him down with the ATTITUDE ADJUSTMENT!! Jey though ran in, trying to make the save only for Edge to roll in and.. SPEAR!! Edge cutting through Jay and sending him rolling out of the ring as Edge follows suit. Edge now leaning against the crowd barrier as he catches his breath while in the ring.. ATTITUDE ADJUSTMENT!! John Cena hitting the 'AA' as Ohio pops and John Cena scrambles for the cover.. ONE! TWO! THRR- WHAT THE HELL?!

John Cena & Edge (W) - 15:08 Match Time

Senior Referee Charles Robinson is calling for the bell as out of the corner of his eye as he was counting the Cena pin attempt of Jimmy Uso, Edge was pulled over the barricade by a menacing brute of a man covered by a hood. Edge almost yanked out of his boots in a real naked choke hold as he's dragged into the crowd. The camera crew trying to scuffle past the fans so they can get a glimpse of what just happened with the man rises up with Edge now out of the cold flooring. A small figure arriving from behind him as the two now reveal themselves..

1683906111164.png

There's a small pop among the carnage for those who know the names as Cole says "That's KARRION KROSS, AND SCARLETT FROM NXT - WHAT THE HELL ARE THEY DOING HERE?! " Pat McAfee calls Kross a "Killer" and says that it looks like they've just took the oppertunity to shock the world and the whole WWE Universe by attacking Edge! Edge remains down as staff now rally around him as he begins to choke trying to catch his breath. John Cena now rushes to the barricade as Karrion Kross stares menacingly while Scarlett smiles and blows John Cena a kiss. Kross & Scarlett then vanishing through the crowd as John Cena calls for help from the back as medical staff rush down to aid the Hall of Famer, Edge!

Jimmy & Jey Uso though are now back on their feet, and they have the words of Paul Heyman and the message from 'Head of the Table' Roman Reigns no doubt ringing in their ears as they see the oppertunity and they jump John Cena like two starving wolves and begin beating him around ringside. Throwing him into the crowd barrier before launching him into the steps. Referees and staff try to stop the attack but the Usos are hell bent on sending a message and they do so. Kicking and putting boots to Cena before eventually Sonya Deville & Adam Pearce come down and break off the attack.

With the Uso's now standing on the top of the ramp looking down pleased at their attack on John Cena who's being treated, and with Edge still in the crowd being treated after the attack from Karrion Kross. Smackdown comes to a clause in chaotic fashion as Michael Cole & Pat McAfee sign off not believing what they've just seen, and the attacks on Cena & Edge.

Last edited:

Jam

Reaction score
Raw-Logo.png

Monday Night Raw
(Episode #1470)
July 26, 2021
T-Mobile Center - Kansas City, Missouri

Opening tonight’s show in the T-Mobile Center in Kansas City, Missouri, is the the new #1 contender for the WWE Championship, Keith Lee! The Limitless One comes out to cheers from the crowd, slapping hands with those in the front row. Keith is given a microphone, but before he can speak, he takes a look around the arena. The camera goes to a wide shot, showing the support from the crowd to Keith. He explains how he didn’t think he’d be at this point in his life ever again after having heart complications. He says this moment means everything to him and thanks the crowd for their support. Getting down to business, Keith says Lashley has what he wants - and that’s the WWE Championship! He knows opportunities like this are rare, so he won’t be wasting his chance to become WWE Champion!

This brings out Mr. Money in the Bank, Big E, drawing the curiosity of the #1 contender. Smith, on commentary, is quick to point out that Big E is a guest tonight as he’s a Smackdown superstar. The ovation from the crowd was clearly more than the cheers Keith received earlier. In the ring, Big E sizes up Keith, prompting Keith to step up to Big E. Before long, the two shake hands, embrace, and engage in a quick conversation. Big E gets on the microphone and hypes up the Kansas City crowd like only he can. Big E says he couldn’t be happier for Keith to have this opportunity because he knows how hard he’s worked to get back. He turns serious not long after telling Keith not to be complacent because if Keith takes care of Lashley, he’ll be around with his briefcase. Keith smirks, even slapping the briefcase, much to Big E’s surprise. He tells Big E they would tear the house down if ever the WWE Championship came down to the two of them. Big E agrees as they share a handshake once more.

The mood instantly changes with the arrival of The Hurt Business. Yes, that’s correct, the entire Hurt Business, complete with Cedrick Alexander and Shelton Benjamin. Saxton, on commentary, points out that The Hurt Business seems to have figured out their issues. Graves cuts in, saying the Raw locker room needs to be put on notice now that the Hurt Business are functioning at 100%. The cameras pick up the shine coming from the WWE Championship on Lashley’s shoulder with MVP getting ready to speak. MVP reminds Keith and Big E of the dominance Lashley has shown since becoming WWE Champion.
“It doesn’t matter who is put in front of the All Mighty because they’ll fall like the rest of them,” MVP stated.

In the ring, Keith and Big E smirk at the statement MVP just made. Keith makes a proposition to MVP. He explains that he is free tonight and to his knowledge, Lashley is free tonight as well. He proposes a tag team match between Keith and Lashley with partners of their choosing. Keith slowly turns his head to Big E as the crowd begins to buzz, knowing what’s happening here. Keith explains that Big E is a guest to Monday Night Raw tonight and asks if he’s not busy, if he’d like to be his tag team partner tonight. The crowd cheers at the proposal and of course Big E accepts! MVP tells Keith that’s not how things work, but he applauds Keith’s initiative. The cameras pick up Lashley wagging his finger at Keith. Instead, MVP proposes Keith and Big E take on Cedrick and Shelton instead, garnering boos from the crowd. However, Keith and Big E aren’t one to back down from a challenge and accept the match right away. It’s a staredown between the two teams as Jimmy Smith on commentary talks about his excitement to see that match later in the main event.

We go backstage to the GM’s office with Adam Pearce massaging his temple and Sonya Deville sighing heavily. Suddenly, HHH walks into the room with Pearce and Deville changing their tunes to happy ones. They each shake hands with HHH and welcome him to Monday Night Raw. HHH thanks them for the warm welcome as they all exchange pleasantries. Pearce remarks his excitement for the Superstar Shakeup while Deville says it’s a fantastic idea to change things up from time to time. HHH responds saying he’s glad they’re excited because he came to inform them that moving forward, only one of them will remain as Raw’s General Manager. Both Pearce and Deville’s eyes widen, with Deville instantly bringing up the fact that Raw has been better since she’s come on board, even bringing out her cellphone to show HHH some analytics. Pearce is quick to call Deville’s analytics BS and points out certain liberties Deville has taken that have been reckless, resulting in a mess that he’s had to clean up. They begin talking over each other, pushing HHH to the side.

Before things could escalate, HHH gets in the middle of them, saying he knew this would happen, so he came prepared with a plan. He commends both of them for their service as co-General Managers, but only one of them can stay. To decide who gets to stay, HHH announces there will be a 5-on-5 tag team match at Summerslam where Pearce and Deville will assemble their teams. This will show HHH who has an eye not just for talent, but to see who can assemble a winning team. Pearce and Deville stare each other down but offer each other a handshake, agreeing to HHH’s terms, as we head to commercial.

Raw Divider.png

The cameras pick up the entirety of New Day welcoming Big E to Monday Night Raw. E says it’s good to be back with the boys and that he misses them a lot. Kofi says if they knew Big E was coming to Raw, they’d have come up with some shenanigans to get into. Woods says the night is young and they should enjoy the time they have together before
Big E has to go back to Smackdown… as they all get sad for a moment. Suddenly, they look off-screen and it’s Keith with a trombone! Keith says he appreciates Big E having his back earlier before handing the trombone to Woods, nodding his head. Knowing what to do next, the quartet begin dancing as Woods plays the trombone like only he can.

[1] Drew McIntyre vs. Shanky w/ Jinder Mahal and Veer: In the first match of the night, Shanky was given the tall task to fend off a pissed off Scottish Warrior. With Jinder and Veer at ringside, the trio did their best to frustrate McIntyre. Well, that worked out in Drew’s favor as the Scotsman turned it up and in the end, delivered not one but two Claymores for the victory. As soon as the bell rang, Jinder and Veer entered the ring and the 3-on-1 assault began. Jinder brought in a kendo stick and went to town on McIntyre’s ribs, drawing loud boos from the Kansas City crowd.

Raw Divider.png

Returning from the break, we are shown a video taking place in a dark, desolate desert. The rough terrain fills the scene for miles and miles. In the distance, smoke coming from a nearby fire is seen as a pair of boots stomp into focus. We are not shown the owner of these rugged, dark boots. Instead, the camera follows the stranger towards the fire. Suddenly, a guitar melody begins to play, seemingly from the stranger himself. We hear short, subtle hums with each step the stranger takes. The camera stays in place, slowly zooming out to reveal footprints, the many steps the stranger has taken. Finally, we are at the fire, the loud cracking of the branches is heard. The guitar melody plays once more until it fades out.

[2] John Morrison vs. Ricochet: These two combatants are back at it for round two after an exhilarating first match. The second match was no different as the two athletes dazzled the Kansas City crowd with the moves they were able to hit along with the creative counters seen in this match. However, the turning point came when Morrison missed his patented corkscrew moonsault, Starship Pain. He was able to land on his feet, but the force on his right knee was enough to bother him the entire match. Like smelling blood in the water, Ricochet began working on Morrison right knee. Trying to get away, Ricochet wouldn’t allow that as he hit an amazing Springboard Shooting Star Press to Morrison on the outside! Looking to put Morrison away, Ricochet went for the 630 Senton, but it misses! With Ricochet now in a seated position, Morrison hits a devastating knee smash right on the kisser for the pinfall victory.

On commentary, Graves says the referee could count to 100 and Ricochet wasn’t kicking out of that devastating kick. Saxton chimes in saying these two put on another hell of a match and hopes the Kansas City crowd appreciates their efforts. Smith says he doesn’t think it’s over between these two as they’re now tied at one match a piece.

The cameras cut backstage where Mandy Rose and Dana Brooke are having a conversation. Dana says things have been rough lately, they’re due for a win sooner rather than later. Mandy doesn’t seem so certain, contemplating if this partnership is worth pursuing further. Dana pouts, but assures Mandy things will go their way, they just need to persevere through the difficult times. She grabs Mandy by the shoulder as she does this, prompting Mandy to look at the “vision” Dana has. Mandy let’s out a big sigh, saying she hopes Dana is right about all that.

Raw Divider.png

Sarah Schreiber welcomes us back to Monday Night Raw. She has an interview to conduct with her guest - John Morrison. After defeating Ricochet in a hotly-contested battle, Morrison is still breathing a little hard as he takes a sip from his water bottle. Sarah asks him about his thoughts on the match. Morrison says his win tonight proves Ricochet’s win against him last week was a fluke. There’s no one more athletic than him in this business. That’s when Ricochet interrupts the interview. Ricochet tells Morrison he’s full of bullshit and he knows it. He proposes a third match between them next week because they can’t leave things tied 1-1. Not sounding convinced, Ricochet says if he loses, he’ll put up $50,000 of his own money. But if Ricochet wins, all Morrison needs to do is raise his arm in victory. They shake hands, making things official for next week.

[3] Kay Lee Ray vs. Mandy Rose w/ Dana Brooke: Being new to Raw, KLR wasted no time getting her offense in against Mandy. However, with Dana Brooke at ringside, she would get involved on more than one occasion to get Mandy back into the match. To combat this issue, KLR went after Dana and clotheslined Dana over the barricade. Back in the ring, KLR set up Mandy for the KLR Bomb, but the theme music of Charlotte began playing. KLR dropped Mandy, looking towards the stage to see what was going on. The Queen’s music stops playing, much to KLR’s confusion. As she turns around, she gets blasted with a Bicycle Knee from Mandy who pins KLR in her debut match.

Mandy quickly rolled out of the ring, celebrating with Dana. They’re all smiles as they make their way up the ramp. On commentary, Saxton speculates the whole thing was orchestrated by Charlotte, who didn’t like it when KLR tried to step up to her on her first night on Monday Night Raw. Graves says that’s all theory, but if true, then KLR deserves it after treating Charlotte the way she did. In the ring, KLR is seen checking her lip for any blood after that vicious knee by Mandy as we head to a commercial break.

Raw Divider.png

In a cinematic scene, we are in a dimly lit room. The camera shot zooms out, showing us a man sitting on a chair. The man looks up - it’s T-Bar! He gets closer to the camera, saying we haven’t seen the real him. The real him is a punisher and he will punish those who looked down on him. He gets up in a fit of rage kicking the chair away. He looks over his shoulder, removing his mask, and throwing it on the floor. He swears he will get his vengeance.

[4] Nikki A.S.H. vs. Nia Jax w/ Shayna Baszler: Going into the match, Nikki had a plan to topple the much bigger Nia Jax by working on her legs, her left leg to be specific. However, Nia was able to thwart most of her plans. After a Samoan Drop, Nia thought that was the end of Nikki, but she kicked out! Now building momentum on her side, she had Nia on her toes. Nikki landed a picture perfect Crossbody from the top rope on Nia Jax to put her away! That’s when Shayna Baszler pulled her out of the ring and decked her with a right hand, causing a disqualification.

Shayna brings Nikki into the ring where Nia can join in on the beat down. It’s a 2-on-1 assault with Saxton on commentary saying there is no need for this. Shayna instructs Nia to get to the top rope and perform a splash onto Nikki. That’s when the Kansas City crowd begins buzzing as Piper Niven comes down to the ring. She throws a quick right hand to Shayna before going towards Nia, who is slow to retreat. In a feat of strength, Piper gets Nia on her shoulders and brings her back down with a flapjack! The T-Mobile Center roars into cheers for that. Piper looks at Nikki before leaving the ring and exiting through the crowd. The cameras also catch Shayna and Nia regrouping yelling at Nikki that this isn’t over.

Raw Divider.png

Back from the break, we are taken to the beach where the 24/7 Champion, Akira Tozawa and his ninjas are seemingly on vacation. The ninjas are dressed in their black tops but this time, they’re in shorts to match the tropical setting. Tozawa, dressed in a blue Hawaiian shirt and white shorts, is on a beach chair sipping on a drink with an umbrella on it, letting out a refreshing “ahhh.” He requests for one more drink, to which, the accompanying ninja near him bows to. Tozawa puts up his feet and has his hands behind his head, enjoying the setting he’s currently in. When the ninja comes back with his drink, he bows towards the ninja and grabs the drink. However, the ninja doesn’t let go of the drink, prompting Tozawa to look up. Now unmasked, it’s Reggie! He gets Tozawa into a small package pin where referee Rod Zapata comes out of nowhere to count the pin - 1! 2! Kickout! The rest of Tozawa’s ninjas come running to get rid of Reggie, who high tails it out of there. Tozawa fixes himself, annoyed at the whole situation, before another ninja brings him a drink. Tozawa is hesitant to take the drink, but does so eventually, with no hiccups this time. He gets back to his beach chair to enjoy the rest of his beach day.

In the GM’s office, Pearce and Deville are with Raw Women’s Champion, Rhea Ripley, and Charlotte Flair standing across from one another. Pearce thanks both of them for being civil at the moment, saying they have an announcement. Deville cuts in, informing both superstars that they will once again do battle at Summerslam. Rhea is outraged, citing that she’s beaten Charlotte already, but still getting title shots. Pearce understands Rhea’s frustrations, which is why a stipulation has been put in place - if Charlotte loses, she cannot challenge for the Raw Women’s Title so long as Rhea is champion, which obviously puts a smile on Rhea’s face. However, Deville interjects, saying she had a feeling Pearce would pull something like this, so she got the blessing from Mr. McMahon himself, allowing Charlotte to choose the stipulation of the title match. Both Rhea and Pearce are irate, especially Pearce, who glares are Deville. Charlotte’s spirits perk up, assuring Rhea the title will be back around her waist with the stipulation she has in mind. Rhea dares Charlotte to bring it on.

As she’s about to announce the stipulation, Kay Lee Ray enters the office and attacks Charlotte! After costing KLR her debut match earlier, KLR rains down punches onto Charlotte, much to the delight of Rhea. Pearce tries his best to break up the fight as Deville calls for security. Before long, security finally arrives on the scene and is able to get KLR out of the office.
“Whatever match you have in mind, this title isn’t going anywhere,” Rhea says, leaving the room as Pearce and Deville check on Charlotte.

Raw Divider.png

As we return from commercial break, Smith informs us regarding the situation between Sheamus and Damien Priest last week. Because of the carnage their brawl caused, they have been suspended this week with no pay. Further, each of them were fined $20,000 for putting their hands on backstage personnel. However, they won’t be gone long as they’ll be back next week in Pick Your Poison matches.

[5] Randy Orton vs. AJ Styles: In a matchup of two greats, the action was hard hitting from the get go. Styles was the aggressor and because of his aggression, Styles had to be told multiple times by referee Darryl Sharma to knock it off or he’d be disqualified. Orton swung things his way after a snap power slam that got him a near fall. That’s when Omos came to the ring to be by his partner’s side after getting an earful from the referee. Styles instantly started arguing with the referee and with Orton in the corner, this allowed Omos to inflict damage without the referee seeing. That’s when the crowd started to buzz, signaling the arrival of Riddle! Omos and Riddle brawl it out into the crowd with Styles looking into the crowd, pissed that Omos wasn’t ringside anymore. That’s when the Viper struck with a RKO for the pinfall victory!

Raw Divider.png

The cameras are backstage with Piper Niven about to exit the arena before being stopped by Nikki A.S.H. Nikki thanks Piper for coming to her aid earlier against Nia and Shayna, saying she was dead meat if Piper hadn’t come around. Piper, still unsure of Nikki’s intent, replies with a simple “welcome” before turning to leave the arena. Nikki stops her again, repeating what she said last week that if she ever needs a friend, she’ll be around. Piper acknowledges this, nodding her head, and cracking a smile towards Nikki before turning to leave the arena.

[6] Bobby Lashley (c) w/ MVP vs. Drew Gulak: We are told on commentary that the WWE Champion himself requested for this match, seemingly to stay in shape to be ready for his title defense against Keith Lee. With the signal of the bell, things went from bad to worse for Gulak as the WWE Champion showed his MMA prowess by taking down Gulak easily and raining down punches. This match was the definition of a squash as Gulak never got going, falling victim to a vicious spear, much to the applause of MVP.

After the match, MVP hands Lashley a towel, wiping what little sweat it took to put Gulak away. The WWE Champion whispers something into MVP’s ear and MVP is all smiles, praising the idea he just heard. They walk towards the commentary table and demand for chairs to sit on and headsets to put on. While that’s being set up, Smith says we’ll be right back as they have special guests at the commentary table.

Raw Divider.png

Smith welcomes them to the commentary booth to which MVP retorts by commanding all of them to stand and clap because they’re in the presence of the All Mighty. Graves follows MVP’s directions, receiving handshakes from MVP and Lashley. Smith and Saxton reluctantly do so, thus, not getting any love from MVP and Lashley.

Smith gets straight to the point and asks them why they’re at ringside. MVP laughs, saying he likes Smith’s straightforwardness. MVP replies to that question by saying they’re here to cheer on their Hurt Business brethren. Citing issues in the past that have been solved, they’re all on the same page now. Further, the WWE Champion chimes in saying they’re there to make sure nothing silly goes on because we know New Day is around and those guys always mess everything up.

[7] Big E and Keith Lee vs. The Hurt Business (Cedrick Alexander and Shelton Benjamin): Early in the match, THB would be in control, showing no rust after not teaming for a few months. Shelton has Big E isolated in the corner, making frequent tags to Cedrick. However, Big E finally gets going when Kofi and Woods come down to the ring and hype up the crowd to cheer on Big E. Keith joins in on the fun and is finally tagged in, turning the momentum in their favor. Immediately, MVP gets up from his seat and gets on the apron, telling referee Chad Patton to toss Kofi and Woods for interfering in the match. Keith made the mistake of approaching MVP allowing Cedrick to attack him from behind. Further along in the match, Kofi and Woods obstructed MVP and Lashley’s view of the match, prompting MVP to yell at them. The All Mighty was a man of few words and immediately took them both out with a lariat. However, in his peripheral, Big E comes soaring through the middle rope with a suicide dive that takes out the WWE Champion!

Back in the ring, Cedrick and Keith are the legal men. Keith sets up Cedrick for the Spirit Bomb, but Shelton enters the ring to save Cedrick. Big E picks himself up and splashes Shelton in the corner. Keith and Big E stare each other down before turning their heads to Lashley, who is being helped up by MVP. Keith has Cedrick and Big E has Shelton - they both hit their finishers! Spirit Bomb to Cedrick! Big Ending to Shelton! Keith and Cedrick are the legal men, but Big E joins in on the pin attempt - 1! 2! 3!

After the match, Keith and Big E stare each other down once more before being joined by Kofi and Woods, who raise their arms in victory. Keith and Big E share a fist bump as each man takes a turnbuckle and poses to celebrate with the Kansas City crowd. The cameras look towards the top of the stage where THB stand, licking their wounds. Lashley holds the WWE Championship in the air to remind Keith and Big E what they are working towards as MVP yells at them in the ring. Smith closes the show by putting out the question if it’s smart to give your #1 contender and the prospective WWE Champion all this motivation and if The All Mighty, Bobby Lashley is in jeopardy of losing his WWE Championship.

END.

BTB'ers Note:
Hello again! Apologies that this episode took so long to post, but I'm glad it's posted now. Going with an even more recapped style for the weekly shows. As for how the PPVs, or well, PLEs now, will look like, I'm not sure yet. But for now, please enjoy an episode of Monday Night Raw.

Last edited:

Deco90

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Sports Team
53tBXAk
w7W51gcaNcAi0e8snJE2vuancpAdh1qX7sS8MRYgiN5yVrSxIyHYQtY-gb-s7M_S6k9xtwhu97NmSO2mejh8tgDwdPi4fx2Dywdzr5dcqr1iWmtS87vZ6ozqjZvRq5a4H2ShJvFHCkGM0nyKn2kFbD8

WWE Smackdown - #Battlelines
Episode - #1145

Target Center - Minneapolis, Minnesota.
July 30, 2021

"Are You Ready" by AC/DC blares from the speakers as the pyro pops and explodes around the Smackdown stage. Minneapolis, Minnesota welcomes Smackdown to the Target Center with cheers, chants and the various signs on display!

ous1HMB34zkKXrMGF-_6oy5W9uMf8QAPgF7BkaD6RwNm6a4yxjG9VzgMdCQ2E15oLDneaJHxmgfa9PwmfZHf3oB3seeXQ1QK43EiOOkkGjLbVVOsMb_16G4brYySyQBI9hf_cD6nY_s0MrvDjJRxu0E

We're soon greeted by the voices of Smackdown as Michael Cole welcomes the WWE Universe to Episode 1145 of Friday Night Smackdown LIVE on FOX! Cole then introduces his partner and friend at the commentary table; Pat McAfee! The always excited and energetic McAfee thanks the WWE Universe for tuning in tonight before talking about how excited he is tonight to see the fall-out from last week's Smackdown! Cole piggy-backs on Pat's words before the footage from last week's Smackdown begins to play as we're reminded of the challenge laid out to Roman Reigns for SummerSlam by a returning John Cena! The next video slide shows us Edge & John Cena teaming in the Main Event against the Usos; Jimmy & Jey! The Smackdown Tag Team Champions! Finally the last bit of footage shows the surprising and shocking attack confirmed once again by Michael Cole as Karrion Kross alongside his Wife; Scarlett! Cole informs the WWE Universe that Kross was originally in NXT but has seemingly joined the 'Blue Brand' and has targeted the legendary Edge!

Pat McAfee then finishes the segment by telling us that the Kross attack on Edge wasn't the only attack of the evening as Jimmy & Jey Uso beatdown John Cena in the middle of the ring! Seemingly sending a message directly from the 'Tribal Chief' and the WWE Universal Champion; Roman Reigns! Cole then chimes in and says that speaking of Reigns - Roman Reigns will be here LIVE tonight and is going to address the challenge from John Cena! Michael Cole reminded us this will be the first time Roman has appeared since successfully defending his Championship against Edge at Money in the Bank!

Michael Cole then draws attention to the ring where the first match of the evening is to be announced by Greg Hamilton who's ready and waiting in the middle of the ring.

aQZVFKb9w0ON5zZx6N1Cj1KIo7-mF1DeFGJj1YkLVZanLxur-QWg8kz8u_jsyLjCIRgAjp7SDDWRuYk5Z2y3dGuNPNCOHRkjQIDcVZGzeRzq292IyyhTu0HIP3UOkprMd2l9E2n_MTBqhhV997YDejI

MATCH ONE l TAG TEAM MATCH
Rey & Dominik Mysterio vs The Dirty Dawgz (Dolph Ziggler & Robert Roode)

Summary:
The match starts with some early nerves from Dominik who appears to still have his mind on Money in the Bank where he was pinned to lose the Smackdown Tag Team Championships. Rey provides a quick pep talk as the Dirty Dawgz sense an opportunity to exploit a weakness, and they do! Dolph & Roode use their veteran experience to play on Dom's nerves as they taunt him and keep him separated from his corner as the Minnesota crowd stamp their feet and clap in encouragement for Dominik who badly needs to make the tag! Dolph & Roode have Dom in the middle of the ring and look to deliver a double team suplex! Dom, though using the crowd's energy to fire up one more time, floats over and lands on his feet before landing a double leg split dropkick to Ziggler & Roode knocking them down! The HOT tag is then made as Rey Mysterio enters the match and the momentum quickly changes! Rey & Dom soon back on top. Rey hitting Dolph with a seated Senton from the top rope before Rey & Dom both hit 619's on Robert Roode! Rey then goes to the top rope, shimmies his shoulders as the name of "Eddie! Eddie! Eddie!" rings out and the legendary Luchador hits the FROG SPLASH! Rey Mysterio then hooks the legs as Dom plays defence - One! Two! Three!

REY & DOMINIK MYSTERIO (W) - 7:36 MATCH TIME.

"ANNND YOUR WINNERS! REY! AND DOMINIK! MYYSSSTERRRIIOOOOOOO!" - Greg Hamilton

-ZXyNpxm2khI-09Bw90p7bTfLykFQpb_ogVZeg4k1YWvUy-ADkNuadNrMNarc1PXCbkkO0A0oJhtuBIUnFbY5nyzcQiGHyOO7cWKU3hjUYj5y7Z96ooOCU9gM7VnuRqiw13enFCleqHUu2apaxXMHXI

Rey quickly grabs his Son Dominik, and appears to offer some words of encouragement. Dom all smiles as he appears relieved to quickly return back to winning ways, bouncing back after the loss at Money in the Bank. The Mysterios pose for the Minneapolis, Minnesota crowd before the camera cuts to backstage.

1691267778267.png

We see Chad Gable & Otis of the Alpha Academy watching a Tv monitor as they're reflecting on the win moments ago from Rey & Dom Mysterio. 'Master' Gable looks less than impressed as he turns to his 'Apprentice' Otis.

g6IXc7gDAu_bUZKv237To3lKAySIuQnRidUcgv2YJHN13r1b8lMChT5er4uZGTrqtQi0JOYfnyjEbvBZgQZGaBg5W5ucSQjRLWb1uuLML5S79iGrFLtiBEJwobyF82bDORInU8mm8E9-st5-jUSg-1A

Gable compares the Mysterio's victory this week to the Alpha Academies last week and says it's far less impressive! Gable tells Otis that the Mysterios only have SPEED and FLIGHT! While the Alpha Academy has BRAIN and BRAWN! Gable then quickly follows up by suggesting that his superior brain moves quicker then any move Rey or Dom could ever do! And that's why the Academy is ALWAYS going to be one-step ahead in the ring! 'Master' Gable says that Dominik is still learning - BUT he's not learning under the tutelage of an OLYMPIAN like his prize pupil; OTIS!

Gable kisses Otis on the head as Otis quickly flashes a smirk and stares wide eyed, nodding along with Gable's every word as Chad Gable continues on.

Gable says Dom is learning from a washed up Luchador that couldn't lace his JOCKSTRAP! Gable chuckles to himself for a moment before confirming that next week he and Otis prove they're next in line for the Smackdown Tag Team Championships when they BEAT Rey & Dominik Mysterio!

The footage then fades as we head to the first commercial break of the evening.

>> COMMERCIAL BREAK <<

1691267853316.png

Friday Night Smackdown returns from the break where we're greeted by the sight of Baron Corbin making his way down the ramp and heading to the ring. Corbin looks very sombre and dejected as he continues to be down on his luck. Michael Cole welcomes the WWE Universe back from the break before suggesting that Baron has the perfect chance to change his luck around as he's in action next against the 'Swiss-Superman' Cesaro!

uhAjqb6SVD4jI5-QBcBIx5-fMJKchkVppwhdPE85ikckdkuVybYQvD8P2P1hlTapW9ctZKgtoiqOn_hNvSW8nPz0u41mNM2qHM9TglVwjwT2igCtoYm35IxjPSgARPJR3pDIbtgCFwCo4O7IC9ZMqCs

MATCH TWO l SINGLES MATCH
Cesaro vs Baron Corbin

Summary:
The stark comparison between a fresh faced and jacked looking Cesaro against a Baron Corbin that looks like he's been sleeping rough for the last couple of weeks is very evident and the Minnesota crowd are on Baron's back as they're heavily booing him while Cesaro shrugs and smiles, secretly revelling in the joyous humour while Pat McAfee on commentary states that he can smell Baron Corbin from ringside and it's not good. The match then gets under way and Cesaro is quickly on top! Dominating Baron with his explosive style and superior strength. Baron has a short spell on top of the match, raking at the eyes of Cesaro before swinging him into the ring post that causes some shoulder pain for Cesaro throughout the match but the 'Swiss-Cyborg' quickly overcomes the pain and gets back on top of the match. Cesaro avoided a big boot from Corbin as Baron got himself caught up in the turnbuckle only to be greeted with a train of EUROPEAN UPPERCUTS! Each one seemingly harder than the other and getting a larger pop from the WWE Universe! Cesaro then grips Baron with the CESARO SWING! Round and round goes Corbin as he looks ready to vomit before Cesaro puts him down for good this evening with the NEUTRALIZER!! One! Two! Three!

CESARO (W) - 06:43 MATCH TIME.

MRrlwblI5LoIgR6Ld5b3oYMj_rUY-nJ2TPVTyyvw1n3GePDfiOC2ANs8Ve-Jn5v-ovUfhDZuFfGeGZHfwMC3rQ3V0sHpgV1JxMxCn3dztR6PAX1e60WLSH5bCvi5sktuCZJqChGR1sS-IsvROY3IyJM

"AND YOUR WINNER! CESSSAAARROOOOOOO!" - Greg Hamilton

Cesaro stands tall in the middle of the ring but attention turns to the outside where Baron Corbin is stumbling around as he looks like he's about to vomit at any moment from the Cesaro Swing.

"GET AWAY BUM-ASS CORBIN! WE DON'T WANT YOU SPEWING UP ALL OVER OUR ANNOUNCE TABLE AND SPOILING THE VIBES! Come on! Someone get this BUM outta' here!" - Pat McAfee

"Another ROUGH night for Baron Corbin and it appears his luck is going from bad to worse, Pat? Another loss for Corbin tonight via the hands of the always impressive Cesaro! Where does Corbin go from here?" - Michael Cole

"Back to his homeless shelter? Hopefully to get a shower and a change of clothes? I don't know, Cole. Once a BUM.. Always a BUM and that's a BUM-ASS Corbin right there! Couldn't have happened to a more deserving guy, trust me, I know this man and he doesn't deserve anything more than this humble pie he is feasting on right now!" - Pat McAfee

"Well folks, changing gears here on Smackdown. We have a pending incoming to the 'Blue Brand' and the Reckoning might be upon us! This is part two!" - Michael Cole

1691268004449.png

The Titantron is live as part two of the vignette from last week begins to air on Smackdown. The same scene from the backstreet alley way, gritty and decked in graffiti to the masked woman with a hood zipped up over her head hiding her identity. A black bandana hangs from her back jean pocket as a baseball cap hangs from the side of her jeans, clipped to her belt across her waist. Next to her a trash can still burning with the flames high and illuminating some of the alley.

"September 21, 2020. Monday Night Raw. What should have been the ultimate dream, quickly became a nightmare! They called it Retribution? The world called it a mockery. To them I was Reckoning. To me I was Regretful. This was the moment I had waited for all my life? I finally reach where I want to reach and I'm placed under a mask, muted, and told to play my part like an extra in a bad movie! There was another one just like me - they called her Retaliation. I called her a Survivor! She managed to escape and salvage what she could while the rest of us were left to sink and decay into obscurity!" - ???

The female figure then can be heard unzipping her hooded jacket as the camera focuses on the bottom half of her appearance as we see the bin still burning and illuminating the graffiti alleyway. We hear an unclipping as the female figure raises her one arm and once it's lowered again we see the mask that was worn by 'Reckoning' during Retribution.

"I didn't work this DAMN HARD, for this DAMN long for that to be my legacy! Now, I do things MY WAY! I show everyone who I really am and I ain't letting anyone or anything HOLD me DOWN again! I write my own rules and I do as I please. My NAME IS MIA.. YIM! And I'm the HEAD BITCH IN CHARGE!" - MIa Yim

The female figure now shown to be Mia Yim takes the Reckoning mask and throws it in the trash as the fire engulfs the mask and begins to incinerate it as Mia Yim walks across the camera and out of the picture.

PsqWk3xEy6JRD6whrhNjGG82OGAmr4smY5jAuaU494lYqejQKIDBUPeH80w-Sn7FyOwWnR8v68BOTiRpw9J0-Dbt2atJOftQSHHE3gLhw3a_IJPQo-b05wmxwSN-A_xGWQQ74MW0emaQlNAtt9hccnU

DEBUTS NEXT WEEK ON SMACKDOWN.

>> COMMERCIAL <<

1691268078269.png

Friday Night Smackdown returns from the break and the live footage takes us backstage to the General Manager's Office as we see Adam Pearce & Sonya Deville already in full flow in conversation. The audio isn't audible enough to catch the conversation but you could only imagine that they're reacting to the news of the WWE Shakeup! And the announcement from Triple H that only one of Pearce OR Sonya would be moving forward as either GM of Raw OR Smackdown.

Suddenly their conversation is cut by a continued knock on the office door as Adam Pearce responds.

"Not right now, please! We're kinda busy!" - Adam Pearce

Both Adam Pearce & Sonya then continue muttering as the office door swings open and in steps..

1691268133386.png

..SETH ROLLINS! Seth with a beaming smile across his face as he walks into the office. Adam throws up his hands while Sonya just shakes her head as the two are clearly feeling the pressure.

"You know, Seth.. I didn't actually say to come In. Me and Sonya, we're kinda' in the middle of something very important and so.. You know what, you're already in here, it doesn't matter - how can we help, Seth?" - Adam Pearce

"Woah! Woah! WOAAAAAHHHH! Mr Pearce, you sound so.. Stressed. You know, if I didn't know any better, I'd say that stress sounded like somebody about to lose his JOB!" - Seth Rollins

Seth begins to laugh as Adam Pearce just looks at him blankly, completely no-selling Rollins' attempt at a bad joke. Rollins himself then cuts the laugh and becomes serious.

"THE ONLY ONE AROUND HERE THAT SHOULD BE STRESSED IS.. ME! I SHOULD be standing here Mr MONEY! IN! THE! BANK! BUUUUTTT.. It's okay! It's okay because the VISIONARY has seen a new plan! Another calling! And that calling is crying out for me to lead and CAPTAIN the winning team at SUMMER! SLAM! Can you see the vision, Adam?!" - Seth Rollins

Seth now clutches his arm around Pearce and pulls him close. Motioning with his other arm to the sky above to the vision that he can see. Adam looks and begins to shake his head. Pearce then goes to speak but before he can even have the chance, Sonya has now stepped in front of Adam and has grabbed Rollins free arm with both hands and begins to shake his hand. Adam Pearce looked shocked by Sonya's actions.

"Sonya?! I thought we agreed we would talk about this before taking any actions?" - Adam Pearce

Sonya though just shrugs before smiling as Rollins now stares at Adam Pearce.

"SNOOOOOOZE, YOU LOOOOOOSSEEEE, PEARCE-Y BOOOYYY! I'll see you at SUMMERSLAM, BABY!" - Seth Rollins

Seth shakes hands with Sonya once more before strutting out of the office as Adam Pearce continues to look at Soyna and the betrayal despite what they had agreed as Soyna begins to smile, knocking she's got a coup with officially confirming Seth Rollins as the first member of Team Sonya and her Captain going into SummerSlam!

1691268171305.png

"Well what about that, Pat? Captain Seth Rollins! Sonya Deville taking the first major step in this battle to keep her job against Adam Pearce for control of either Raw or Smackdown!" - Michael Cole

"A VISIONARY! A REVOLUTIONARY! AND NOW CAPTAIN-AIRY?! I got to say Cole, I know Pearce wasn't happy but you've got to strike when the moment calls and Sonya acted fast to secure Seth FREAKIN' Rollins! Big move!" - Pat McAfee

The Titantron then goes live and we see some action from last week's episode of Smackdown! Bianca Belair successfully defended her Smackdown Women's Championship against Carmella when after the bell Carmella & Zelina attempted to attack Bianca only for the WWE Women's Tag Team Champions; Natalya & Tamina to make the save! Michael Cole then confirmed that following that altercation last week - Carmella & Zelina will take on Nattie & Tamina in a non-title match tonight! Cole then hands the proceedings to Greg Hamilton who's ready to announce the third match of the evening!

S1QDMHJrttOxhcSq9_UZw8H9q8vqoF5dp2gyeWK4KHzh5EPzBaotUsAIE1qXNZWfKzXMSjQoaYDRgmxfhyGGQhcKM4J-3FzF5o4dec3PgXCou0inmxnlv5xnf40r6-jQOBKjF0xarXgszRvQAPeUFq4

MATCH THREE l TAG TEAM MATCH l NON-TITLE
Natalya & Tamina W/ Bianca Belair vs Carmella & Zelina Vega

Summary:
Smackdown Women's Champion Bianca was ringside to support Natalya & Tamina as the veterans looked to take the action to Zelina Vega & 'Mella! Carmella & Vega though were scheming and stalling. Exiting the ring before the ring bell would sound, perhaps trying to get into the heads of the WWE Women's Tag Champions and even attempting to leave and be counted out early in the match! Natalya & Tamina were having none of it though and moved quickly to end the games of Carmella & Zelina by taking the action to them and hitting them with some strong offence! 'Mella & Vega spent most of the match fighting from underneath despite the odd trick and cheat to try and steal the match but on one occasion it looked like the cheating was going to result in a big victory! Zelina Vega was the legal woman alongside Nattie and Carmella could be seen removing a heel from a bag she had carried to ringside. Bianca saw it coming, running around ringside and yanking the heel out of the hand of Carmella before throwing it into the crowd as ‘Mella would throw a fit. Back in the ring and Vega was waiting for the plan to come to fruition, only to realise it had been spoiled by Bianca! Vega then turned around and ran at Nattie to be brought back down to the canvas with a SPINEBUSTER!! Natalya then locked in the famous SHARP-SHOOTER and it wasn't long before Zelina was screaming and tapping out to hand Nattie & Tamina the victory!

NATALYA & TAMINA (W) - 05:28 Match Time.

"ANNDDD YOUR WINNERS! THEY'RE THE WWE TAG TEAM CHAAAMMPPIIOONNSSSS! NATALYA! AND TAMINA!" - Greg Hamilton

izwTPgoE3FIqY2fN9XDj9pQVzCzBuHzHgwAIV-Hv1W2AMyijvbzSOH6OGgagvDn_PVDXIyv3Akz-kCKRrPZTslZq9NTOt-1Xz9rtS17_blxxiw5sld22z3NoPocydS5s451VM2iEXueOEUSCuPgN8Dk

Bianca Belair joins Natalya & Tamina in the ring as the three women embrace as the crowd applaud. Bianca then waits for Zelina & Carmella to leave ringside, and for Nattie & Tamina to make their way up the ramp before asking for a microphone and addressing the WWE Universe.

qyrSQ2RgucBxzt-nvOdzxp3_EzrMmQFAMy5KZwnhQbomVKwVVbXfuNIhtBWAvSiT4WppE1UjGNGDgqut8zSFYRgxAdaiDpd0a4LUZE4O4tBJCiaDVl9pB86OaD2uwfN0b2M-RPx62xuCRSQjhHf0Iso

Bianca says that as of day she's celebrating surpassing 100 days as Smackdown Women's Champion! Bianca thanks the fans and the WWE Universe for their support and says that without them, this would not be possible! Bianca continues on to say that she stands here so proud to be the Smackdown Women's Champion and that she wants to deliver the BEST matches for the WWE Universe!

Babyface pop from the crowd in attendance.

Bianca then talks Bayley! A mixed response follows from the crowd. Bianca says that she was meant to face Bayley at Money in the Bank and that despite what she might think of Bayley - Bayley is a great wrestler and a great WWE Superstar! Bianca says that the WWE Universe was ROBBED of a HUGE match at Money in the Bank! And that is why she's turning her attention to Summerslam and the EST of WWE wants to have the BIGG-EST! BEST-EST! match on the show! Bianca finishes by saying that next week LIVE on Smackdown she will have a contract for a WWE Smackdown Women's Championship match at SummerSlam and all that somebody needs to do is come down to this ring and sign their name on the dotted line and we can make it OFFICIAL for the hottest party of the Summer!

"I don't care if you're from Smackdown! If Ya'll are comin' from Raw! Or if you are stepping up from NXT! All you gotta' do is bring your A-Game because you already know I'm gon' bring mine!" - Bianca Belair

The crowd are cheering and perhaps speculating at the open challenge for SummerSlam as Michael Cole & Pat McAfee remind us that SummerSlam! "Your Summer Vacation Destination" will be emanating from the Allegiant Stadium, Paradise, Nevada! On August the 21st! Bianca Belair then looks set to leave the ring when..

LIV GONE MAD!!

asHi34dpGDfSi_0zZeEyPo9enyyhbfKCYO5MMmt9eW3yljnO98-YeA-9hpOuNc74431YfYX1xhOIoosEHJcw0pNNJjD3NsNckLkWBrXQIirTDl7216s4JuGp-9T5iuKCSUA1jvZsTejczdi9U8LiXcI

Minneapolis, Minnesota pops for the first appearance of Ms Money in the Bank on Smackdown! Liv Morgan now standing on the stage and taking the applause as she holds up the Money in the Bank briefcase for the world to see. Bianca meanwhile in the ring is nodding her head and applauding Liv Morgan in acknowledgment of what she achieved. Liv Morgan then reaches from her back pocket and pulls out a microphone before addressing the Smackdown Women's Champion.

"Bianca! I'm not out here to disrespect you! I'm out here because I respect you! I'm out here because I, like the WWE Universe appreciate how great of a Champion you have been for Smackdown, and the WWE! I mean that. Your rise here in the WWE since coming from NXT has inspired many, many women including me!" - Liv Morgan

Babyface pop again as the crowd cheers for both women.

"And Bianca, I'm not out here to answer your challenge for SummerSlam either! But I am out here to remind you, and to remind everyone that I am.. Miss MONEY IN THE BANK! And while I'll be watching you! I know that all eyes are going to be on me and what I choose to do when the time is right. So, WATCH ME!" - Liv Morgan

A jovial smirk and cheeky smile cuts across the face of Liv Morgan as she sticks her tongue out before blowing a kiss to the Smackdown Women's Champion in the ring. Bianca continues to nod and smiles back before mouthing "Okay, Okay, I see you" and holding up the Championship as the show cuts to a commercial break.

>> COMMERCIAL BREAK <<

1691268412093.png

Smackdown returns back from the break and we're shown a pre-taped vignette from Karrion Kross & Scarlett. We see a smoke filled room with candles illuminating Kross & Scarlett among the darkness.

"Actions have consequences" - Karrion Kross

KY9CH5KeDVFn5nbb1CvPFnT9AR7md_1dUvMN_k7_vqw2UjDURWxLvcnA7IyFMPoMeEc09qgAW9iUnCbV4veAsPuJTuiq69dY9yTqfovMaeZUd-nSBSS4HmwVlI6O3jd6WU7HbOw4dGOkMdeO6sdv_n0

"Our actions start a timer that we cannot see or feel till time runs out and it hits us! Last week Mr Edge you got hit by the sands of time emptying by something you set in motion - February the 4th, 2021" - Karrion Kross

Kross stares steel eyed into the camera, motionless while Scarlett can be seen dealing out tarot cards in the background.

"WWE universe, let me tell you a story. In 2020, I had to relinquish a Championship that I never lost. Fast forward a little time and I'm back - chasing my Championship when a man named Adam Copeland the WWE Royal Rumble winner came to MY.. Show, and made threats that he was going to take MY Championship before I even had a chance to get it back. I confronted Mr Edge like a man, face to face and I warned him that I was going to take my Championship back and he would have to deal with me. Edge told me that should that happen, Should I get back my Championship he would come back to NXT and face me, and mentioned that I wouldn't like that" - Karrion Kross

Scarlett now picks up a tarot card off the table and plays with the card in her hand before sliding it across her lips and kissing the card before standing up and approaching Karrion Kross. Scarlett then runs her hand across Karrions shoulders before handing him the card and then standing behind him with a look of deviance in her eyes.

"Mr Edge, you're wrong! I did like that.. I liked that sound of that a lot. I liked the sound of that so much that I did get back my Championship but where were you? You didn't come did you?! You never stuck to your end of the bargain, Edge. So, it soon became clear to me that if you wasn't going to come to find me.. I WAS GOING TO FIND YOU! And I found you, Edge! Your back to me as I SQUEEZED the life out of your limp, helpless, broken body! And it felt so good, Edge" - Karrion Kross

Kross holds up the tarot card in front of the camera and begins to laugh as Scarlett begins to smile.

lal8oLjVz9dWdYHC4oM6vz5Adq-FYlYmnTSB704XMmyYrc15QEnchXzI025MXZuJ9DpZ1DQ_snoSFiUQefCykC3RPDs0Kcpls1s-7YNmlDOnVOV5asDGN_oyAaZ1MRTHDQOhAl0arXrQJUk0d_7bQrw

"February the 4th, 2021 - Your actions created a timeline that heralded the arrival of your Doomsday! And Doomsday has arrived for you Edge!" - Karrion kross

The vignette then ends and the footage returns back to ringside.

1691268504616.png

Michael Cole & Pat McAfee react to the warning from Kross & Scarlett. McAfee says he had the oppertunity to see Kross during his NXT run and calls him a frightening man! Pat then says and with the 'Angel of Doom' Scarlett at his side, they're going to cause a storm here on Smackdown! Cole then transitions and says that speaking of a storm - Kassius Ohno almost caused a storm last week when he answered the 'Open Challenge' to face Apollo Crews for the WWE United States Championship and thanks to his Commandeer Azeez - Apollo managed to hold onto the US Championship and escaped losing the match via count out meaning that while Kassius Ohno technically won the match - Apollo holds onto his Championship! Cole then confirms that our next match of the evening gives the chance of redemption to Ohno as he takes on Commander Azeez! Next!

OoxXsloIMwdZoKk9Hrmbv8u8ERJY0Sz4W_rzihW2hrfCXOuJwOT3SkBxyLcmPX6ht2WXw_wv_ezYavfzZtqqgIkA3wn7wvruxts2jWl-jWfof-av7ekkoeWhmfr4HZrVuesS_XXE6EtPSOBbT2EzZ1A

MATCH FOUR l SINGLE MATCH
Commander Azeez W/ Apollo Crews vs Kassius Ohno

Summary:
The 6ft4 Veteran of the ring Kassius Ohno stood and stared up to the 6ft9 giant; Commander Azeez! The ring bell sounded and the two men went at it in the ring. No wrist holds, headlocks or your traditional wrestling as this match was a wild brawl from the jump and soon spiralled out to the ring side. Azeez using his strength and size to throw Onho into the crowd barricade and steel steps! Ohno fires back though, driving Azeez back first into a ring post before slamming the giants head across the commentary table as McAfee calls the match a slobber-knocker in homage to the legendary Jim Ross! The match rolled on and the ending came with Azeez applying a claw across the skull of Ohno! Using his strength and hand mass to crush Ohno's skull as Apollo watches on from the outside. Azeez then grabs Ohno by the throat and looks to pick him up with a chokeslam only for Ohno to chop away at Commander Azeez's arm and then spin out with a Discuss elbow smash! KO! Ohno smashed the giant Azeez but he's only wobbling. Ohno then goes a step further with a jumping rolling cutter! Michael Cole acknowledged the move as the SUPER HERO'S WELCOME! The giant is down and Ohno hooks the legs! One! Two! Three!

KASSIUS OHNO (W) - 08:15 MATCH TIME.

"ANND YOUR WINNER! KASSIUS! OHHHNNOOOOOOO!" - Greg Hamilton

The Target Centre applauds Ohno on his victory as the veteran has his hand raised in the middle of the ring by Referee official John Cone. On the outside Apollo Crews is not pleased; talking at his Commander as Azeez is trying to wipe away the cobwebs after the loss as the two head up the ramp while Smackdown cuts to a commercial break.

>> COMMERCIAL BREAK <<

1691268617707.png

Friday Night Smackdown returns from the break and we're backstage where Apollo is still talking down to Azeez about his loss as the Commander just nods his head in agreement, holding his jaw from the KO rolling elbow from Ohno. Apollo says that Azeez losing to Ohno reflects bad on him and the Kingdom of Nigeria and all our people! Apollo continues with his words but is forced to up his voice as you can hear a guitar strumming in the background along with a screeching voice in song as Apollo finally stops trying to fight it and turns around to see who's making the noise..

6w1J8AxnYqsHK5Vi6S0RyDVv7Gd5u0VT4AOwcxpcMdhtQEF9RiqPzkYXNNf-eXaWIKjIB0EY6NW1IXUMlQGvTG7KYr7QJV5yhmEgFDeLYlOgrJQyESol7yVeqfzrboUQKJHSdM4mvTcx_7K__AH-pYo

Rick Boogs is rocking out while Shinsuke Nakamura is vibing and dancing along until the Intercontinental Champion Apollo Crews and his Commander Azeez take exception to the noise. Apollo tells Shinsuke & Boogs to stop the noise because he's trying to teach his Commander some wisdom! Shinsuke then smiles before suggesting that Azeez only lost because he was following Apollo's lost week against Ohno! Boogs then chimes in and says that together they're out of sync and are losers that need to find their groove back! Boogs them strumming his guitar and looks to carry on singing when Azeez grabs his guitar and snatches it away from him as Boogs & Nakamura now get their backs up and are ready to fight.

"It is okay, Commander - give them back their guitar! They're no harm to us" - Apollo Crews

Commander Azeez then forcefully drives the guitar into Rick Boogs sternum.

"Gentleman, gentleman! You have learnt a valuable lesson today! This time we will give you a pass for your lack of respect but next time, I will have your tongue!" - Apollo Crews

Apollo delivers his last words staring directly at Nakamura who's staring right back and showing no sign of backing down. Apollo then orders Azeez and then both men leave as Nakamura continues to watch them go as the footage switches.

1691268685009.png

From the backstage, now to the parking lot. We're shown two Blacked out SUV Escalades pulling up. From the first SUV out step the WWE Smackdown Tag Team Champions; Jimmy & Jey! The Uso's! Decked in Day-One Ish attire the Samoan twins then circle around as they await those in the second SUV to exit.

First out and it's the 'Wiseman' Paul Heyman! The 'Special Counsel' to the 'Tribal Chief' is quickly on duty as he waddles around the SUV with the WWE Universal Championship over his shoulder and opens the door as out steps Roman Reigns! His presence instantly impressive as struts out of the vehicle in a Nike Tracksuit wearing the latest Air-Jordan's. Roman then gives the nod and the Usos flank him while Heyman stands slightly behind him - gazing at his 'Tribal Chief' as the Bloodline have arrived.

"THE BLOODLINE.. ARE.. HERE, COLE!" - Pat McAfee

"A remainder to the WWE Universe that we will here from the WWE Universal Champion Roman Reigns tonight as he will address the challenge from none other than the 16-time WWE Champion! John Cena!" - Michael Cole

1691268713740.png

We get a quick WWE SummerSlam commercial as we're reminded that "Your Summer Vacation Destination" will take place at the Allegiant Stadium! Emanating from Paradise, Nevada! August 21, 2021!. The footage then returns to ringside where Michael Cole & McAfee announce it is now time for the Main Event of the evening! Cole says that this match-up is so good that it could even Main Event a SummerSlam or any Pay-Per-View as the 'Visionary' Seth Rollins takes on the 'King of Strong Style' Shinsuke Nakamura! Cole then hands over to Greg Hamilton for the final time this evening.

PcsPeJQ_JZgGPK-oZ7fIR53U9NuORPL3sAcXapLgBy3-TjK303S7Sg9-T4h_GTGCi_QSTsH5uej1qkPTEqiByfZQiuYckqe5RTqe772uTl8iblfvrrriHAkVmkgdgvMoorzp1e5Z3Z9KnJgGTz7VXNw

MAIN EVENT l SINGLE MATCH
Seth Rollins vs Shinsuke Nakamura W/ Rick Boogs

SUMMARY:
The WWE Universe was ready and excited to see Rollins & Nakamura grace the ring. Two of the best wrestlers in the world today locked up and the crowd were gripped for the ride to come! This was comfortably match of the night as Seth & Shinsuke showed their in-ring ability but also their in-ring psychology as they took the Minneapolis Minnesota crowd on a journey of close falls and near finishes as Sonya Deville's now Captain Seth Rollins began to get frustrated with not being able to put Shinsuke Nakamura away as Rick Boogs played the role of male cheerleader outside of the ring - encouraging Nakamura and the WWE Universe to get behind Nakamura who used the support as motivation and energy. The match clock is ticking and as things stand Rollins & Nakamura are both in the ring trading strikes! Rollins manages to break away before going for a super kick! Shinsuke though dodging the kick before feinting with a roundhouse kick then transitioning into a spinning wheel kick that knocks Rollins down! Nakamura begins to feel this is his moment as heads to the corner of the ring and yells "COOMMMEEEEE ONNNNN!" as he motions for Seth to stand up!

Just when he's about to run across the ring - out of the corner of his eyes he spots Apollo Crews & Commander Azeez walking down the ramp as Cole & McAfee ask what they're doing out here?! Rick Boogs then turns around to cut them off when Azeez knocks down Boogs with a stiff forearm strike! Nakamura's attention has fully deviated and it proves costly as Seth Rollins connects with the RIPCORD KNEE! A short-arm high knee to face out of a wrist lock that completely knocks Nakamura down and in position for Rollins to capitalise with the.. CURB STOMP! Seth drives Nakamura's skull into the canvas before scrambling for the cover! One! Two! Three!

SETH ROLLINS (W) - 14:47 MATCH TIME.

"ANNDD YOUR WINNER! HE IS THE VISIONARY! SETH! FREAKIN'! ROLLIINNSSSS!" - Greg Hamilton

Seth Rollins stands with his arm raised in victory as he takes in the mixed response from the WWE Universe. Attention then turns to ringside where Nakamura is now checking on his partner Rick Boogs as Apollo Crews is smiling from at the top of the ramp with the towering Commander Azeez behind him as Smackdown heads to the final commercial break of the evening.

>> COMMERCIAL BREAK <<

1691270828294.png

HEAD OF THE TABLE!!

Friday Night Smackdown returns from the final commercial of the evening as the theme song of the WWE Universal Champion blares from the speakers as the Minneapolis, Minnesota crowd are on their feet. Some cheering, most booing but either way they're responding to the biggest draw in wrestling today as Roman Reigns steps out from behind the curtain and onto the stage with a smirk across his face as the wall of noise hits him with the Bloodline trailing behind him.

4jBxzfyinPFy3T4GvNRtDY2zFOoJgEq2Q_2YIbyUWm3jgthCWjG_d7jbBTPBDNFMklATltRGGkwcNO_Eua0qL7-_HXZTrhtKXJAp2ADhKzLDUFdVlClreewa3VRhD3Ct_2LBN1DcPvGiBva3-HGVwKc

The Bloodline slowly makes their way down the ramp and into the ring where Roman stands tall. The Uso's stand behind him with their WWE Smackdown Tag Team Championships in the air as the 'Special Counsel' Paul Heyman calls for a microphone before handing it to the 'Tribal Chief' Roman Reigns and everyone knows what's coming next..

"Minneapolis, Minnesota! ACKNOWLEDGE ME!" - Roman Reigns

The noise cranks up with mostly boos among a smattering of cheers as Roman smirks at the reaction. The 'Tribal Chief' has the WWE Universe in the palm of his hands and is truly operating on a different level of greatness right now and it shows in his facial features as he's unmoved by the noise. Roman Reigns then speaks.

John Cena! Reigns utters the name of the future Hall of Famer and the crowd give a pop as Reigns scowls before continuing on with his words. Roman asks why John Cena is even back? The Usos & Heyman shrugging at the rhetorical question as Reigns presses on with his comments. Roman asks if John has another movie that's coming out straight to DVD soon and maybe he's trying to promote it? Reigns again looking at the Usos & Heyman for the answer as the Bloodline indulge Romans attempt at humour with smiles and a laugh. Roman then gets more serious in his tone - suggesting that the world has moved on from John Cena! That there's a new MAN around here and he runs this place NOW! Reigns calling himself the FRANCHISE player of the WWE and he's calling the SHOTS around here! Roman says that John Cena doesn't make the challenges; He does! Reigns says the 'Tribal Chief' chooses who he allows on the 'Island of the Relevancy' and he doesn't see why he should let a now Movie Star come to his show, SummerSlam! And share the spotlight with him! Roman then turns to the camera in the ring and says so the answer is simple, John! It's NO!

Roman Reigns makes his stance clear and it's not the answer the WWE Universe wanted to hear and they're now booing the WWE Universal Champion who couldn't care less as he gets ready to leave with the rest of the Bloodline. When..

FEEL THE POWER!!

The crowd pop as the theme song of Mr Money in the Bank Big E stops the Bloodline in their tracks from exiting the ring as all attention turns towards the stage! Big E with a smile across his face as he clutches the briefcase close to chest and is gyrating and dancing to the response from the WWE Universe. Big E also has a microphone in hand and is ready to speak.

J4iEQGU896GjA1fYnCJqOtHBIUPrF4wK7-AaE1g0sWvW73pMgqSiNfUYJOcQHWij1NzCs8QV7s68jW3nkT6hGacW7sf0dkTmzmiDLC5OtU2TtBd32mstyl4NnKYtpESIsTGLxW8-8-hOeA_O7A_HDLk

Big E says that he was backstage listening to what Roman had to say and honestly, it sounds like Roman is SCARED of John Cena! The crowd pops as Roman Reigns just shakes his head and shrugs it off before motioning for Big E to get on with what he's come out here to say. Big E then says but what really intrigued him was Roman mentioning about picking his own opponents and deciding who he wants to make relevant. Big E then holds up the 'MITB' case and smiles before saying that doesn't apply to him because Roman can't choose him - but he can CHOOSE Roman any time he decides! Big E finishes by saying his moment is coming! And maybe it happens at SUMMERSLAM! Maybe he will become the NEW! WWE UNIVERSAL CHAMPION AND BEATS ROMAN REIGNS!

The WWE Universe pops once more while the Usos have seen enough and are ready to pounce. Roman motions for them to stay in the ring before keeping his composure and smiling. Smackdown then draws to a close with Big E holding up the Money in the Bank Briefcase while Roman takes the WWE Universal Championship from the 'Wiseman' Paul Heyman and holds it up as the crowd speculate on what could happen between Big E & Reigns! Michael Cole then signs off from Friday Night Smackdown before telling the WWE Universe he will see them again next week! LIVE from Tampa, Florida!​

Last edited: