WTF Happened to the GFX Business?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

BigSil

Reaction score
I remember a time when high quality, free to cheap GFX work used to be easy to come by.

Now, you got people charging $150-$300 for some sketchy to decent work.

Social media changed the GFX world. That's my only assumption.

I have no issue with people getting their money for services they provide, and ill gladly compensate someone for a service that they provide me. But after I've had some great graphic designers make me some amazing work for nothing more than some added reputation to their screen name, I can't even bother to give somebody big money for some work that may not turn out the way I wanted it to.

Hats off to the ones that still offer their services for free. I would gladly give you gratuity if you offered your services, and seeing some of the work I've seen lately from these $100 graphic designers is a disgrace to the ones who still do this for no charge, and only for their love of doing it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Vegeta

Marty McFourth

Trying to figure out this life thing, what about you
Reaction score
I still do it for free on here
anna-kendrick-pretty.gif

• Love
Reactions: BigSil and Vegeta

Vegeta

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
Use to be on a forum with this dude who would charge money. Least his work was good. I never paid for anything as I didn’t wanna buy anything but :lol yeah. But like I don’t think his prices was high or anything.

Reactions: BigSil

RDK

All glory to God
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wadebarrett
Favorite Sports Team
eZIPN8K
I remember a time when high quality, free to cheap GFX work used to be easy to come by.

Now, you got people charging $150-$300 for some sketchy to decent work.

Social media changed the GFX world. That's my only assumption.

I have no issue with people getting their money for services they provide, and ill gladly compensate someone for a service that they provide me. But after I've had some great graphic designers make me some amazing work for nothing more than some added reputation to their screen name, I can't even bother to give somebody big money for some work that may not turn out the way I wanted it to.

Hats off to the ones that still offer their services for free. I would gladly give you gratuity if you offered your services, and seeing some of the work I've seen lately from these $100 graphic designers is a disgrace to the ones who still do this for no charge, and only for their love of doing it.
Back when I helped run the gfx league on WF in the 2008s we had some phenomenal designers that would fulfill requests within hours. I remember making Rajah business cards for his painting company for free, something that he'd probably fork out hundreds for now. A lot of websites have made it easy for designers to monetize their work so that's the main reason.

BigSil

Reaction score
I still do it for free on here
anna-kendrick-pretty.gif
That's awesome! I'd have to at least cash app you something though, because I do respect the hard work you all put in. After seeing THIS work from somebody that charges $100 for a business logo, I had to drop a Hail Mary to the GFX Gods.
received_1097511207728279.jpeg

You heard that right, THIS is what somebody paid $100 for...

• Wow
Reactions: Vegeta

Vegeta

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
That's awesome! I'd have to at least cash app you something though, because I do respect the hard work you all put in. After seeing THIS work from somebody that charges $100 for a business logo, I had to drop a Hail Mary to the GFX Gods.View attachment 13570

…. Damn :lmao

• Haha

RDK

All glory to God
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wadebarrett
Favorite Sports Team
eZIPN8K
That's awesome! I'd have to at least cash app you something though, because I do respect the hard work you all put in. After seeing THIS work from somebody that charges $100 for a business logo, I had to drop a Hail Mary to the GFX Gods.View attachment 13570

That's ugly as fuck

• Haha

RDK

All glory to God
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wadebarrett
Favorite Sports Team
eZIPN8K
You need something? I gotchu

• Love

BigSil

Reaction score
Instagram is flooded with people that do artwork for $100-$200. It's insane. I feel like I'm in the wrong line of work if people are making that kind of money off GFX today. But if people don't know how and where to get good work done for nothing close to that, there's only going to be more people offering their "professional" artwork for insane amounts of money.

My biggest mistake was going on Hack Forums, and having someone from Saudi Arabia make me an e-fed RP layout for $60. Probably the first one he's ever done. Well, dude made it a .JPEG image where I couldn't edit the text, then he wouldn't fix it unless I paid him another $80 because apparently I agreed on it only being an image. I was FURIOUS!