Wrestling Revolution

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
6a0120a721c2d7970b014e8b640a20970d-800wi

If you haven't heard Wrestling Revolution was created by Jeff Katz and he financed this show by raising $100k plus on the net through donations by the public where I believe they buy a percentage of the company. He is running it like a tv series where it has a story arc through the season and has a proper ending rather than normal wrestling which never ends.

ROSTER
Scott Colton (Colt Cabana)
Len Olsen (Dr Luther)
Ken Doane (Kenny Dykstra)
Alex Zikos (Alex Reynolds)
Tyson Smith (Kenny Omega)
Hassan Assad (MVP)
Sam Johnston (Sami Callihan)
Dara Daivari (Shawn Daivari)
Emil Sitoci
Drew Hankison (Luke Gallows)
Fergal Devitt (Prince Devitt)
Ben Muth
Jonathon Figueroa (Amazing Red)
Michael Oberegger ("Psycho" Mike Rollins)
Adam Pearce

Producer
Lance Storm
Tommy Dreamer

pwinsider said:
The Wrestling Revolution project, headed by Hollywood film producer Jeff Katz (who worked for WCW prior to his Hollywood exploits), has signed with a distribution deal with Image Entertainment, who also distribe the Criterion Collection movie label.

The Revolution project, a planned 13 episode self-contained series, will be distributed via DVD as well as number of digital media platforms, including Netflix, Hulu, iTunes, and more. The series will be filmed this October in Los Angeles, featuring a roster of 22 wrestlers.

This is actually a huge deal as Image Entertainment is one of the largest independent distributors in North America, so the project will be extremely well placed in major retail outlets.
Variety covered the deal in today's edition, which you can read online at this link. The Variety piece noted that music composer Brian Tyler ("Fast Five," "The Expendables") will be providing the soundtrack for the series, while Gary Frutkof ("Shoot Em Up," "Hawaii Five-0," "Prison Break") will handle production design, while Colin Strause, co-founder of f/x shop Hydraulx ("Battle: Los Angeles," "Iron Man 2") will be assisting with the visuals.

Positive sign for this company as it sounds like it will happen. I like the idea of a 13 episode season that works like a tv series. Looking forward to seeing the roster, it won't be big names at all due to the budget but I have confidence that this will turn into something good.

Last edited:

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Think it is a dumb idea, wrestling works best when it is treated like a sport or entertainment which just happens to be on TV, rather than a TV show which happens to feature wrestling, part of WWE's poor ratings is because they turned raw into a television show rather than a wrestling show.

Also having a season and select amount of episodes, works for something like Tough Enough because it is a contest, but within the week week in Pro Wrestlng set up it makes no sense, as you have characters that need time, and feuds, and then you want to see who they move onto after that feud, if people know when the feud is going to end, then the feud is not going to get over. Its another slap in the face to wrestling, from a guy who knows very little about it.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Each day this week they announced one member of the roster. Good looking roster so far with a mixture of known names and up and comers.

Scott Colton is a great guy to base the promotion around and I am so glad Ken Doane will finally be back on television because I find it ridiculous that he doesn't have a spot on any major companies roster. I am a fan of Kenny Omega as well so I like that signing. Looking forward to the rest of the roster being announced next week.

I still really like the concept. It is a good idea to have a complete season where it builds to a finale and all storylines are wrapped up in episode 13.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I am really liking the roster. Other big names to be announced over the past week were MVP, Luke Gallows, Daivari, Amazing Red and Prince Devitt! Plus Lance Storm is involved as a producer for the show.

I am very interested in watching this now and I have high hopes for this. The tape it all in about a months time so I can't wait for that.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
A bunch of new wrestlers have been added, the most notable is Adam Pearce. The second producer has been announced as well and it will be Tommy Dreamer. With Lance Storm and Tommy Dreamer producing this should mean that the product is of a high quality as both are great wrestling minds.