Wrestling dominoes

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Sky

TOTAL NONSTOP ACTION
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
velvetsky
Or: how unlikely the current situation in wrestling is when you think about it. Post insignificant things in wrestling that caused bigger things to happen.

I'll start: if WWF were in possession of the Women's Title belt when Alundra Blayze was released, there wouldn't be a TNA or AEW.
  • Alundra Blayze doesn't leave WWF while in possession of the Women's Title belt
  • She doesn't throw it in the trash on Nitro
  • Vince has no reason to fear Bret Hart will do the same thing when his contract comes up
  • No Montreal Screwjob
  • Owen Hart is not the only Hart left in WWF and isolated backstage
  • No return of the Blue Blazer
  • No Over the Edge 1999
  • Jeff Jarrett never becomes IC Champion
  • He's never able to hold Vince up for money when his run ends while still champion
  • He never finds the money to found TNA
  • Okada never goes on excursion to TNA
  • He never meets the Young Bucks there
  • He never recommends the Bucks to NJPW
  • No Bucks in Bullet Club
  • No Elite
  • No AEW

• Wow
Reactions: Chris

Jay-Ashley

The War Dog Rebel
Reaction score
All happened because of Jay White

RDT

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
rvd
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Sports Team
K12LIMS
Favorite Sports Team
bMIeUcR
Or: how unlikely the current situation in wrestling is when you think about it. Post insignificant things in wrestling that caused bigger things to happen.

I'll start: if WWF were in possession of the Women's Title belt when Alundra Blayze was released, there wouldn't be a TNA or AEW.
  • Alundra Blayze doesn't leave WWF while in possession of the Women's Title belt
  • She doesn't throw it in the trash on Nitro
  • Vince has no reason to fear Bret Hart will do the same thing when his contract comes up
  • No Montreal Screwjob
  • Owen Hart is not the only Hart left in WWF and isolated backstage
  • No return of the Blue Blazer
  • No Over the Edge 1999
  • Jeff Jarrett never becomes IC Champion
  • He's never able to hold Vince up for money when his run ends while still champion
  • He never finds the money to found TNA
  • Okada never goes on excursion to TNA
  • He never meets the Young Bucks there
  • He never recommends the Bucks to NJPW
  • No Bucks in Bullet Club
  • No Elite
  • No AEW

I'm going to counter this at point #3. I don't believe the Blayze deal is entirely (or even the main) reason Vince had no reason to think Bret wouldn't do the same thing. I believe just the idea that the WWF World Champion signed with WCW was enough. Even if the title belt was a concern, there are four other clear factors that were apparent: Bret thinking about leaving in '93 (documented in Bret's book), Bret outright refusing to job to HBK at Survivor Series with the clock ticking, the WWF doing this to WCW in 1992 with Ric Flair and the legal issues Eric Bischoff ran into when he did this with Alundra Blayze. I feel confident the Screwjob is still on regardless if the Blayze situation happens.

I also will counter the Jeff Jarrett holding up Vince point. Jarrett certainly made far more in WCW than he did holding up Vince (which was said to be around $350K) and Jarrett's family was on the wealthier side of things anyway. Saying he'd never find the money to found TNA just because of holding Vince is off.