Wrestlemania is for marks; the next night is for us

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
We all need to keep this in mind w/ WWE's new-found cycle.

The build up and event itself for Mania is for the casuals. Dust off the old stars, have lame storylines and phone it in.. then starting last night, the night after, for the past two years WWE clearly shows that they know what they are doing by throwing us a bone, and it tends to last for a couple of months in what we've all become accustomed to as the 'experimental phase' if you will, where they test out pushes on superstars they normally wouldn't when the spotlight is shining brightest.

So next year when the build sucks and the matches are predictable, I will just grin and bear it because I know the night is always darkest just before dawn, and it is actually AFTER Mania we should all be looking forward to, not the event itself.

And this is far from an original thought, I know last year we had a thread discussing post-Mania, but it is true.

I'll bump this thread next year when we are all suffering through another shit RTWM

Reactions: Farooq and mh0707

Senhor Perfect

Bulletproof
Reaction score
Fair enough, but there used to be a time when WM was for everyone. Stars for casuals and great moments for the rest of us. There's no reason Vince and co. couldn't have made the first half of WM as good as the first half of RAW and leave the ME's as is for the marks. What's done is done though, it worked out better for me anyways as I couldn't watch WM live and watched RAW live.

Reactions: Laura

Beefy

Jobber
Reaction score
I'm just glad I didn't pay for WM, the only good match was Undertaker's/Punk's.

Roi

Champion
Reaction score
Road to raw post wm