Would You Give Daniels A Run?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Big Red Jericho Punk

Reaction score
Christopher Daniels has been one of the most entertaining wrestlers over the past year or so. He’s getting a title shot against Jeff Hardy in a week. Would you like to see Daniels get a title run even if it’s only for a month?

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Without a doubt YES! one because he's once of those guys that has stuck with TNA since '02, plus he was pretty much the only reason why people cared for the Claire Lynch angle. Now I don't watch TNA like i use to but lets be honest Daniels drinking apple martinis, acting like a sleazeball/scumbag and dancing every week is clearly the best thing TNA has going. Plus he can't be any worse then Hardy. RIGHT?

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Yeah, Daniels has been a real sleeper in wrestling the last year with this scumbag heel gimmick, and I'm so glad he's getting featured more instead of just forgotten like I figured he'd be after him and Kaz lost the belts. Dude is without a doubt the most entertaining part of TNA, can't believe how awesome he's been during this heel run, really ran with it.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
I think he's fine as the comedy midcard, jobber to the stars kind of guy but I just don't see him being the guy to carry the brand. Saying that though, if Aries can be handed the belt then there's no reason really why Daniels couldn't be given it.

The New F'n Show

Reaction score
I don't see him carrying the brand but he doesn't have to. Their is no February PPV so to award how great he has been for the company over the years and in general this last year, you can put the belt on him for a month and it hurts no one. Plus he'd be even better as his irritating smiley self with the title. I'm all for it.

Big Red Jericho Punk

Reaction score
Basically I agree with all of you. What’s so wrong with rewarding a guy for a month? Giving Daniels a run with the title is like giving Bully Ray a run. Don’t see what they have to lose plus Daniels can carry Hardy to a couple of great matches.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
All I get from this thread is "guy should have a pity run for not jumping ship".

Rather give it to a star, like Matt Morgan.

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
I've always been a Daniels fan and I believe he deserves the belt.

Hardy should just fuck off, that's my opinon.

Wouldn't mind seeing Daniels hold the belt for ages then face AJ Styles at BFG... Yep, see what I did there?

Big Red Jericho Punk

Reaction score
All I get from this thread is "guy should have a pity run for not jumping ship".

A star knows how to cut a promo and actually has believable offense for his offense. Something Morgan has neither of. Just because he has a beard and likes to just stay pissed off doesn’t change the fact that he’s garbage. No idea why the few people that I know are high on him. He’s just got a look that’s it, nothing else.

A star knows how to cut a promo and actually has believable offense for his offense. Something Morgan has neither of. Just because he has a beard and likes to just stay pissed off doesn’t change the fact that he’s garbage. No idea why the few people that I know are high on him. He’s just got a look that’s it, nothing else.

AZUCAR!

Reaction score
I would most definitely like to see Daniels get a run with the title. Jeff's not going to be on the UK shows, including Impact for the next 4 weeks after next week, so it makes sense IMO to have Jeff drop the title to Daniels. TNA IMO needs to have a World Champion representing them on the UK shows, and since Jeff can't because of his past, then it should be Daniels.

I can see TNA going with a Daniels/Hardy feud going forward too. Especially since Roode and Aries have found a mutual respect for each other, and I wouldn't be at all shocked if they went after the TNA Tag Titles.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
The answer is sort of yes and no for me. In some ways the time has passed for Daniels to get that sort of push, as talented as he is he has never quite had that something special to be top dog. On the other hand for a short term reign he is a capable safe pair of hands, his promos alone would make him a solid champion.

Have to say at the moment I don't have the problems with Hardy that many here do. Yes it was wrong for TNA to give him the belt so soon after his return, but fairs fair he has cleaned up, and seems to be producing some good performances in the ring again. Also from TNA's perspective he is a brand name to build the company around.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Daniels is old enough to get a TNA title.

But that being said, he wouldn't affect ratings either way. He should just stick to his team with Kaz, seeing as this has been the best run of his career and shouldn't be broken up just because some people think he needs a singles title to justify his career, he clicks with Kaz and generates some of the best segments in TNA. Why would you fuck.

Gimmick

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Although I don't watch TNA any more I'd like to see it happen personally. He's a very good wrestler that can step up top the plate whenever needs be. They probably should have given it to him years ago, but from what I hear his latest character is entertaining enough to warrant a main event slot for a while.

Plus, I don't think a title run for him would affect ratings or PPV buys all that much. It's not like WWE where you see people tune out depending on who's the latest champion, in TNA the ratings have been more or less the same number for years. Hardy is obviously more popular, but a Daniels run wouldn't harm TNA in any way.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
He seems to have really found his niche with his latest heel gimmick but I don't really think it is World Title reign material. Bully Ray in 2012 was TNA World title material and that is who I think should have been given the opportunity. Daniels is good and is a reliable hand but I agree that it makes more sense to keep Bad Influence going and focussing on that.