Would TNA be worse if Kurt Angle left?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Sabretooth

Reaction score
Kurt Angle is a gold medalist and an invaluable superstar to TNA. After 8 years in WWE, he left in 2006 and has been with TNA since. He's been involved in some of their biggest feuds, best matches, and arguably have them a lot of recognition. With his recent 4th DWI arrest, his future could be in jeopardy. If Kurt left tomorrow, how would TNA hold up?

The Viper

Reaction score
No. If they do become worse, that's a problem. They have their own homegrown talent they should be focusing on and try to make as popular as Angle is/was. Can't rely on WWE "rejects" all the time.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
No. If they do become worse, that's a problem. They have their own homegrown talent they should be focusing on and try to make as popular as Angle is/was. Can't rely on WWE "rejects" all the time.

Well he's not a reject. :lol: he chose to leave but you can't argue the fact that he's put on some fucking great matches in TNA and is a huge star

The Viper

Reaction score
Well he's not a reject. :lol: he chose to leave but you can't argue the fact that he's put on some fucking great matches in TNA and is a huge star

That's why I put it in quotes. The only word I could come up with. Yes, he has a huge library of great matches in TNA. Does not mean he's not expendable when it comes to stardom in TNA. I do think someone can easily replace him. Storm, Roode and AJ, etc. Maybe even Aries in a few years.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
That's why I put it in quotes. The only word I could come up with. Yes, he has a huge library of great matches in TNA. Does not mean he's not expendable when it comes to stardom in TNA. I do think someone can easily replace him. Storm, Roode and AJ, etc. Maybe even Aries in a few years.

But TNA doesn't have a few years to wait. They're already on thin ice

The Viper

Reaction score
But TNA doesn't have a few years to wait. They're already on thin ice

That is true. Still, though. Publicity wise and investment wise, what does Kurt bring to TNA other than great matches? He can totally be replaced by next week.

Wangman Page

Cowboy Shit
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
hulkhogan
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
boots2asses
I don't see the company losing anything if he was let go or didnt come back. Now he is a great talent and someone that can do things.

I don't think even TNA knows how to fix their issues and one person will not make or break them unless they somehow stole Cena away from WWE.

Now I do agree with Vips that he can be replaced but if they advertised better Kurt will still draw along with Hardy and Sting.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Alex Scott

Metrosexual New Owner
Reaction score
They wouldn't be worse without him, but he does add a lot to the product. He is one of the few dependable veterans and a true bad ass. He brings legitimacy to the product. Wrestling Kurt Angle still means something and getting a win over him is still considered a huge boost for any up and comer. He can still help a lot. But, they don't get worse from his absence alone. It's just one less guy they'd have to pay.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
He is one of the few dependable veterans
Yes, he's very dependable when it comes to those DWI's. You can bank on him getting at least one a year. :lol:

The company may very well be worse off if he was to leave, but that would be their own fault for not building up new stars properly.

Retarded Duckling

TNA is in jeopardy anyways. But if Kurt left, TNA probably would'nt be here.

Sent using my Rockstars Samsung galaxy mini!

Wangman Page

Cowboy Shit
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
hulkhogan
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
boots2asses
TNA is in jeopardy anyways. But if Kurt left, TNA probably would'nt be here.

Sent using my Rockstars Samsung galaxy mini!

I can't see TNA letting him go especially since Spike is footing the bill for his contract.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk