Will Ferrell, Adam McKay Producing ‘Manimal’ Movie at Sony Animation

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Wangman Page

Cowboy Shit
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
hulkhogan
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
boots2asses
Sony Pictures Animation is going animalistic, developing a movie version of “Manimal,â€￾ rebooting the TV series as an action-comedy combining animation and live action.

Producers are Jimmy Miller’s Mosaic, Will Ferrell and Adam McKay’s Gary Sanchez Productions and original series co-creator Glen A. Larson.

The original series ran from Sept. 30 to Dec. 17, 1983, on NBC and starred Simon MacCorkindale as a man possessing the ability to turn himself into any animal and using that ability to help police catch criminals.

Jay Martel and Ian Roberts are writing the script. The duo are the showrunners on “Key & Peeleâ€￾ and wrote the screenplay for Warner Bros.’ upcoming comedy “Get Hardâ€￾ starring Ferrell and Kevin Hart.

Sony Animation’s Michelle Raimo Kouyate and Michael Lachance will oversee the project.

Mosaic’s comedy credits include “The Other Guysâ€￾ and “Step Brothersâ€￾ with Ferrell along with “Bad Teacherâ€￾ and “Talladega Nights.â€￾

Larson is best known for creating “Battlestar Galactica,â€￾ “Knight Riderâ€￾ and “Magnum, P.I.â€￾

“Like ‘The Catcher in the Rye’ or ‘The Sound and the Fury,’ ‘Manimal’ has always been one of those elusive projects every producer dreams of taking to the silver screen,â€￾ McKay said. “I know the movie will be funny and entertaining but will it be the first film to win a Pulitzer? We’ll just have to see.â€￾

I don't know much about Manimal so I don't know what to expect here.

Swinny

Reaction score
Wait... this was a thing? There was a show in the 80s where a guy turned into animals to catch criminals? Why did I not know about this? It sounds fucking amazing :lol: