Why Does TNA Have KO Tag Team Titles?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Phenomenal1

Reaction score
So I was watching Xplosion 11/17/2010 and Taylor Wilde comes to the ring to face Sarita and is wearing a Championship. At first I figured maybe it was a SHIMMER (or other womens indy promotion) championship but as the match went on JB mentioned she was one half of the Knockouts Tag Team Champions along with Hamada. Now I have many many problems with this.

1. What ever happened to the defend your title within 30 days or be stripped of the championship rule from years ago? Which leads me to...

2. The last time these titles were defended (on TV anyways) was on the 9/23/2010 edition of Impact which was 70 days ago.

3. Hamada has not even been on TNA programming since that title defense and Wilde just recently returned on the 11/11/2010 edition of Impact leaving both of them off TV for 49 days.

4. When was the last time that TNA even mentioned those titles on Impact?

5. Did she even wear the belt to the ring on the 11/11/2010 Impact?

So in closing I have to wonder why the hell TNA keeps these belts around when they have a strong ass Singles Knockouts division?

I'd appreciate if somebody could explain this to me.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Those titles never had a chance to succeed. I think the only reason they even came about in the first place was because their singles KO division was actually kind of weak at the time, and they wanted to have an excuse to cram all their KO's on the show in one match. I'm pretty sure Love was injured, Gail was long-gone, Kong was on hiatus, and Taylor was never really over. Probably thought they were doing something original too. Someone must have whispered in Russo's ear and told him WWE tried the same thing in the 80's and it didn't work.

Reaction score
I don't see the point of keeping them if they won't be defended either. I hope they get rid of them considering that Taylor Wilde and Hamada are never on Impact. If I'd see them on Impact next week, I wouldn't realize that they're the KO tag team champs. That's how ridiculous it is! The titles have no significance in TNA right now.

Jay

Reaction score
Two things.

1) JB is doing commentary?

2) They need somethign for all these women to do. And having a tag title match is the best they can.

The Flash

Reaction score
I don't see the point in the KO Tag belts anymore. It seems like more of a curse than anything. Hamada won the belts 2 times with 2 different partners and both times, Hamada and her partner disappeared from Impact for weeks. Angelina and Winter have them now, and even their tv time has dwindled down. Its almost like the Tag titles are a punishment or something.