Why Are Modern Buildings So Ugly?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score

I love architecture and seeing different styles of homes and buildings is something I often enjoy. This video shed light on something pretty interesting.

I never really questioned this but his explanation makes sense. The simplification of "beauty" almost looks empty and boring. The lack of shapes and curves doesn't reflect nature but something synthetic and chaotic.

Interestingly enough, living in cities increases your risk of mental disorders and mental stress. This is in part believe to be because of the lack of "natural" surroundings. Repetitive shapes alter mood and hinder creativity.

Another point he touches on is that people don't look to preserve modern buildings and homes because they don't appeal to us. They aren't viewed as beautiful but functional. This is why you often see abandoned places that are trashed and run down in cities and surrounding areas. We went from making stunning works of art built to last a very long time to something we are lucky to see last 60 years that looks, honestly, depressing.

What are your thoughts? Do you like modern buildings or are you a fan of pre-war architecture?

Reactions: Vampire Quinn

bullyballmm

babeball
Main Eventer
Reaction score
I'm a utility man, not an aesthetics man.

To answer your title question: because the great potential architects of our time are too busy being import/exporters, looking for the eventual mothers of their children, and competing in athletic combat for fruit roll-up looking championships.

giphy.gif

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
I'm a utility man, not an aesthetics man.

To answer your title question: because the great potential architects of our time are too busy being import/exporters, looking for the eventual mothers of their children, and competing in athletic combat for fruit roll-up looking championships.

giphy.gif
Builders of the past had to worry about raising families too, as well as disease, war, and the like. I mean really us modern sack of potatoes have it easy in comparison. lol

• Wow
Reactions: bullyballmm