Who would you like to see TNA hire?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
We all know that TNA recently cut a decent number of wrestlers, and backstage staff, from the payroll and we have all had our say on who else we want to see fired. Check out that discussion HERE Thought that it would be nice to look at the other side of the equation and find out what wrestlers members think TNA should hire.

Who do you think could add to the overall product without actually breaking the bank? Would you target a top indy star or maybe a former midcard WWE star that didn't reach the heights that they should have in WWE?

Maybe select one wrestler that you think could fit into the TNA World title scene, another in the X-Division, a tag team and a Knockout. Overall five people that TNA should hire.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
1. Kevin Steen - Big versatile, can talk and is still to hit his peak. Could be part of a group or built as a Goldberg style monster.
2. Project Ego (Mary Scurll and Chris Travis) - UK indie team, who look the part, know how to work the crowd and have some very exciting double team moves. Would be a big boast to the very fine TNA tag ranks.

3. Prince Devitt - If there is a chance of returning the X Division to its past glory then this guy could be it, might be a bit of long shot, but as a all rounder who has all ready worked in front of crowds bigger than TNA's normal turn out the guy is ready.

4. Lacey - To add a bit more depth to the KO's, can be a tough, nasty heel or a brave babyface.

5. Dave Mastiff - Another monster with a great look but can also work a number of different styles effectively in the ring. Again would be believable as either a face or heel.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
World title contender - Goldberg
This is just personal preference, I don't think he'd be a draw and his days as a huge name are shot, but he looks like a big deal and is easy to book as one. Plus I still want that Goldberg v Angle match ffs.

X Division guy - John Morrison
Athletic spotmonkey in the same vein as AJ but a tad more charismatic IMO. Plus you could build him up to a main event guy fairly easy I'd think.

Tag Team - Carlito & Masters
I'm not doing much to shake the 'WWE rejects' tag with these picks but I loved them in WWE as a team anc thought they still had milage. Really funny guys.

Knockout - Stacy Carter
Honestly I don't care for womens wrestling so just went with the chick who I had the biggest boner for when I was 12.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
World title contender - Goldberg
This is just personal preference, I don't think he'd be a draw and his days as a huge name are shot, but he looks like a big deal and is easy to book as one. Plus I still want that Goldberg v Angle match ffs.

Athletic spotmonkey in the same vein as AJ but a tad more charismatic IMO. Plus you could build him up to a main event guy fairly easy I'd think.

Tag Team - Carlito & Masters
I'm not doing much to shake the 'WWE rejects' tag with these picks but I loved them in WWE as a team anc thought they still had milage. Really funny guys.

Knockout - Stacy Carter
Honestly I don't care for womens wrestling so just went with the chick who I had the biggest boner for when I was 12.

Some decent ideas there. Carlito I would like to see as long as he is motivated. Morrison too with the right gimmick could work.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Wrestling talent is not going to fix this company, TNA needs to hire upper management who are not failiures, but again there are not many of those. Atleast hire people who are not stooges or politickers, because that doesn't help anyone else out. Hire upper management who have balls enough to take the reigns of this company and make sure your talent actually do their job. Sick of this whole "lack of motivation" shit I hear about TNA talent.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
World title contender - Chris Masters
Don't know why WWE hasn't brought him back in. In his first stint with them he had a good run but lacked some inring polish, his second run he was actually putting on some quality matches on secondary shows but never received that big push. He has improved a hell of a lot in the ring, he can talk, he has a great look and is a likeable guy that could easily become a very over face.

Really like this selection by Cork and I agree with it. Morrison could really help put the X-Division back on the map. He has the moveset required for an X-Division wrestler and is over enough to be more than just another bland spot monkey in the division. Would be a perfect choice to cash in the X-Division title and win the World title as well.

Tag Team - The Young Bucks
Yes I realise that TNA had them under contract and they asked for their release but I think that they should go after them again. TNA used to have such a strong tag team division and they need a bunch of new teams in there to revive it. These guys are talented and it really shouldn't be too hard to get them over in TNA.

Knockout - Beth Phoenix
I know that she is another ex-WWE choice but she would excel in the Knockouts division facing the likes of Gail Kim and Mickie James. Would be an instant title contender and make add some strength back to that division which has few options besides the two I mentioned.

I have picked three ex-WWE wrestlers but I think that they are the best options available right now for TNA and would actually add something to the product.

Wrestling talent is not going to fix this company, TNA needs to hire upper management who are not failiures, but again there are not many of those. Atleast hire people who are not stooges or politickers, because that doesn't help anyone else out. Hire upper management who have balls enough to take the reigns of this company and make sure your talent actually do their job. Sick of this whole "lack of motivation" shit I hear about TNA talent.

I realise that but it is still interesting to hear who fans would like to see hired by TNA. Sometimes there is too much negativity surrounding TNA, although they bring a fair bit of that on themselves, but it is nice to have a more positive thread looking at what potential is out there and who people want to see in TNA.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
OK then, TNA should hire Karl Anderson.

ThatGuyFromNukemHigh

Reaction score
Honestly they should hire some writers and bookers and use the in ring talent they already have an abundance of but cant figure out what to do with.

Bring in some guys to help out backstage that have a proven track record in other companies. Not Russo, or any of these young idiots who think Russo booking is a great way to do things. Get some guys that can book a superstar, who can keep up a compelling storyline that wont be fizzled out. They may be the #2 company in North America, but they really need to think like the #3 promotion from the 90's.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
OK then, TNA should hire Karl Anderson.

This would be a real good hire. The dude's damn good in the ring and I think he could be a pretty big guy in TNA.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Honestly they should hire some writers and bookers and use the in ring talent they already have an abundance of but cant figure out what to do with.

Bring in some guys to help out backstage that have a proven track record in other companies. Not Russo, or any of these young idiots who think Russo booking is a great way to do things. Get some guys that can book a superstar, who can keep up a compelling storyline that wont be fizzled out. They may be the #2 company in North America, but they really need to think like the #3 promotion from the 90's.

Russo and Ferrara were not terrible writers, they just needed a guy to keep them serious when they were getting too heavy into the comedy segments and the "it's never been done before" mentality. They also were heavily into giving the undercard guys storyline focus, not been done since. That had nothing to do with this thread, but I think Russo gets too much shit for no real reason.

Also, refer to KFC's reply to me.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Personally, i'd just like to see them go out and hire another 3-4 top Knockouts to bolster an already decent division. The reason why I didn't suggest any males is because I don't watch Indy Wrestling and TNA seems to have a habit of making awful signings. I think the last real good signing they made was probably Aries and that was quite some time ago now. It's not even as if there is an influx of recently released WWE talent who i'd like to see them snap up.

Go get Kong, Beth, Ivelisse (if not already under contract) and maybe one more and you've got a quality lineup of Knockouts.

CGS

Reaction score
TNA scooping up women like Beth would be a huge boost for them. Dunno if Kong would wanna return though but if she did that wouldn't be so bad either.

In terms of male talent I would love to see Morrison, I can see him competing in the World title picture tbh let alone the X Division. Would love to see Carlito back as well, hopefully with a retuned attitude. Shame MVP never went their though, As much as I like the guy it would be a waste of time them employing him now since the guy is pretty much hitting 40. Reckon a few years back he would have been a decent edition to the roster.