Who is the shittiest wrestler ever deemed a legend?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
?

I have to go with Andre The Giant, Giant Baba or Mick Foley.

I keep hearing that Andre was 'great, back in the day'. I find Youtube vids of his earlier matches. They sucked, even for that era of bearhugs and headlocks.

Foley has a great rep for taking bumps. Thats all I can think of tbh. Pretty shit promo guy, IMO, and his matches were awful bar the significant bumps and sick weapon shots he absorbed.

I would probably say Baba without question though. I used to think Hogan was bad, but when I first saw Baba I was blown away - one of the worst wrestlers I had ever seen, if not the very worst. And what a freakish look too - I thought he was CGI when I first saw him.

okgo

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Okay your assessment of Foley is completely abysmal and horrible. Foley isn't the prettiest wrestler for sure but he tells a great story in the ring. A very good one. And of course I'm referring to his earlier years as Cactus Jack. Those days in WCW and ECW. Even his early tenure in WWF. And as far as promos go... the guy is one of the best. "Cane Dewey" his anti hardcore promos... his early Mankind promos... and by early I mean the ones when he was a real dark mysterious character and feuded with Taker with the purple gloves back in 96. Foley is damn good. He is a lot more than just a guy that can take a bump and weapon shots.

But as far as bad wrestler deemed legend... well I think Warrior is deemed a "legend" and he SUCKS!

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Foley a shitty promo guy? What the fuck are you talking about his ECW cactus jack promo work alone makes him one of the best mic workers let alone the rest of his career. Can't comment on Baba and as far as Andre he gets deemed a legend because of how much of a draw he was because at the time we've never seen someone that big in wrestling in the WWF. Aside from that yeah didn't really bring nothing to the table from what I've seen.

Prodigy

Banned
Reaction score
I would say Hulk Hogan but to be honest apart from in ring skills he had it all and deserves the legend Status. This is a real tough topic but I'll have to agree and go with The Ultimate Warrior. I did think of The Rock here at one point but I still feel he is a legend, just a very overrated one.

Deuce

Reaction score
Ultimate Warrior for sure, his promos were far from understandable and he was hugely overrated. The guy talked gibberish and had alot of energy so he gets a title shot... fail by the WWE, he shouldn't be deemed a legend, he was just flat-out horrible.

SAL

Reaction score
Foley was never meant to be a mainstream company's #1 guy. From that angle, I can see where Cork is coming from. Foley doesn't belong next to Hogan, Austin, Rock, etc. Tony Schiavone was kinda right: Foley never put a lot of asses in seats. But I can still talk about how FUCKIN WRONG Cork is seeing as how he framed the argument and used the word "shittiest." Every single gimmick Foley ever had, every character twist, he was unique, memorable, and genius. As a deathmatch wrestler who embraced everything ECW stood for, as the guy who turned on ECW and begged Uncle Eric to take him back, as the boiler room freak, as the Corporate Champion who never had a shot of pulling it off, and as a muppet who lived off cheap pops. I know you tried to cover it up by throwing in an "IMO," but I'd love to know more about that opinion.

As for shitty legends? Kevin Nash is a borderline legend, right? God, he was worthless. This was a guy who couldn't wrestle, couldn't build drama for a feud, and couldn't cut a promo until he got to WCW and they let him get a buzz on and play himself.

rcoot93

Reaction score
Warrior and Andre, can't stand any of their matches at least with guys like Hgan I can usualy sit through it but these guys no

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
I'll go Hogan, I could never understand why he was that damn popular and all he did was a big boot followed by a leg drop.

I absolutely despise him, I know some will love him but this is my opinion and nothing will change it ever.

Lewb

Reaction score
Im gonna ignore the last comment. Too much Hogan love to respond to it.

I agree The Ultimate Warrior, he was just awful.
If I had to pin my own down on this I guess it would be Sergeant Slaughter? Hate hate hate him. But maybe he's not enough of a "legend"..... I don't know.

Chriss

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
austinaries2
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Hogan was actually good wrestler. He was shitty just in WWE. Try to watch a couople of his matches from Japan.

For me the shittiest one is Sergeant Slaughter.

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
That Japan argument for Hogan is always misleading and hilarious.

Chriss

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
austinaries2
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Maybe, but it´s still true.

Deuce

Reaction score
Sergeant Slaughter actually made sense with his promos while Ultimate Warrior on the other hand, just talked about animals and random things. Who's worse? Ultimate Warrior, by a long shot.

The New F'n Show

Reaction score
I'd say Warrior except he actually got mad over. I would say it's impossible to be a shitty legend. While a few guys may have had serious weaknesses. Hogan and Andre in the Ring, Others on the mic, they all had something, in these cases mainly drawing power.