What's With All the Animated Gifs?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Reaction score
I hope I don't get crucified for this but I noticed that there's a whole lot of member with several animated avatars or sigs. Some, like NinoBrown, (sorry man), cause a stand still when I'm trying to move up or down a thread. I have Road Runner high speed and have no issues uploading, downloading, you name it. But some of these animations are causing my computer to lag and it's really annoying. Does anyone else have this problem?

There's another forum I was on that banned them because of the slowdowns. I hope that's not the answer here but can we have a limit on the number for one member?

xtremebadass

I used to have that problem using Internet Explorer. I dowloaded Google Chrome and the GIFs just appear, not lagging at all. I checked IE after getting chrome and it still lagged, so Chrome has better speed I guess, for me anyways don't know how it would work for you.

Wordlife

^No Chrome is the EXACT same as me, shows me the whole gif/sig at full speed

Wordlife

^That is true actually, just DLed Opera the other day and it's hella fast!!!

If you don't want the gifs, just block them or turn sigs off I guess

monkeystyle

Reaction score
Opera wins out for me just because of the mouse gestures for closing tabs, minimizing, maximizing and opening new tabs. Can't imagine surfing without them.

Reaction score
I'll try the other browers first. I don't want to turn off signatures but if it comes to it I'll have to. Thanks for the input.

Axis

Some thing happened to me, since Safari is awful with GIFs. I turned off signatures, but every now and then there's an annoying avatar that fucks shit up. Mizmaster, I'm looking at you <_<

MizMasta3000

turn off avatars, sigs, and
. Makes it go faster

THE Brian Kendrick's Biceps

I turned off sigs/avys becaue of certain members. For example, XBA has a gif in his sig that is ridiculously large.