What's the deal with GFW?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Wacokid27

The Dark Master
Reaction score
GFW still exists?

I think it still technically does, but is on something of a "technical hiatus" until they get TV or something else that will bring in some money.

It makes one wonder if Jeff Jarrett has any of the business sense (we know he doesn't have the booking ability) of his daddy.

wk

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
I think it still technically does, but is on something of a "technical hiatus" until they get TV or something else that will bring in some money.

It makes one wonder if Jeff Jarrett has any of the business sense (we know he doesn't have the booking ability) of his daddy.

wk
They still run shows. Mainly in the minor league baseball/fairground circuit where Jarrett can find some money mark who's willing to pay them a lump sum for them to perform for the people who are already there to watch something else.

Their next set of shows according to their website is in Canada in October. So I guess DeAmore negotiated some shows for them there

RedDwarfTechy

WWEF's Resident Hologram
Reaction score
I remember GFW about to be revealed some years back and thinking that it could do well. Hopeless optimism I guess lol

Rosie

Dark Side
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
Wait, it's still around? I thought it was left for dead in a back alley in Mexico.

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
Wasn't there something around Jarrett shilling for a pyramid scheme? That's the last I've heard of GFW.

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
Wasn't there something around Jarrett shilling for a pyramid scheme? That's the last I've heard of GFW.
Yeah, he was part of a gold selling pyramid scheme and used the GFW wrestlers and whatever fanbase they have to further it. Was luls

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
There are advertisements for GFW shows all the time around here. I haven't been to one mainly because I really haven't had the time. I obviously have a higher opinion of Jeff Jarrett than the rest of you. But it's still around and it runs shows.