What ROH vs CHIKARA Matches Would You Like To See?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Castiel

Reaction score
With Hallowicked and Jigsaw coming in to ROH against the tag champions in a Proving Ground match earlier tonight at 'Homecoming 2012' it was quite possible that we could see more matches pitting wrestlers of both companies against each. Simple, random, fun matches.

Before 'Homecoming 2012' started ROH posted on their Facebook

Chikara and ROH officials are in closed door talks about 4/28 in Chicago Ridge right now

If that didn't give you hope for more interactions between the two, then what happened during the show definitely must have! Now we can be certain that we will see more ROH vs CHIKARA matches!

*Homecoming Spoilers coming up*

ROH posted on the following message on their Facebook page earlier tonight during Homecoming accompanied with this picture:

It's a CHIKARA invasion at HOMECOMING

404964_10150515536926328_71739451327_9004711_486153347_n.jpg

The CHIKARA Invasion is on!!! Any ROH-Chikara matches you've ever wanted are now possible! What matches would you be interested in?

For me I'd love Green Ant vs Jay Lethal, I just think the two would work really well together for some reason. Eddie Kingston or UltraMantis Black would be good choices for a brawl with Kevin Steen. Tim Donst vs Eddie Edwards would interest me, a nice technical-ish match up that could have great potential. Even both the world champs Kingston and Davey could be a good stiff match.

Catfish Billy

Reaction score
Eddie Kingston vs. Kevin Steen would be too much awesome for one ring to hold.

I love this CHIKARA/ROH thing though. ROH hasn't been great for a while, hopefully this helps.

Castiel

Reaction score
That might be true, I really don't think they could pass up Kingston/Steen, it's likely number one on most peoples list. Either this has gotten me really interested in ROH again as I haven't really consistently watched the show for awhile.

Postman Dave

Reaction score
Oh snap, CHIKARA vs. ROH?

I assume this is a one off thing to build to the April doubleshot the two companies are running together. As much as I'd love Steen vs. anyone, Steen wouldn't fight on ROH's behalf against anyone at this time.

The matches I want to see;

Richards vs. Kingston (unlikely though, since I reckon each champ will have their own title defence)

Quack vs. Edwards

The Colony vs. ANX

Lethal vs. Donst

That's assuming it is a one off meaning the Briscoes & Jigsaw/Hallowicked are already spoken for.

Castiel

Reaction score
I wouldn't really look at it as Steen fighting to defend ROH he would just want to kill some CHIKARA guys! Eddie/Davey is really one of those matches I can see but can't see happening also. Both are champs, champ vs champ writes it's self, but only one of them can go over... unless it ends building up to the real big ROH vs Chikara show and the match it's self ends with a brawl between superstars of each brand! Hopefully Rhett's injury is done with soon so we can get Colony vs ANX though, if not maybe Colony vs Future Shock!

Postman Dave

Reaction score
Re: that pic.

I recognise everyone but whomever that is with the star on their trunks. Any ideas?

Castiel

Reaction score
I believe that would be Saturyn, the masked woman that partnered with Dasher at Joshimania. Different angle shots:

398645_10150516253326328_71739451327_9006972_1542989618_n.jpg

393932_10150515808286328_71739451327_9005566_1250555951_n.jpg

Postman Dave

Reaction score
masked woman eh?

*runs to draft section*

I keed, I'd need to know more about her, but cool. Wrestle factory graduate?

Also, I forgot to mark at seeing Frightmare without a crutch. Hopefully he's back soon :D

Postman Dave

Reaction score
ROH shows aren't as quick to make it to DVD, and since this ain't an iPPV, I doubt you'll see it for a while.

Castiel

Reaction score
masked woman eh?

*runs to draft section*

I keed, I'd need to know more about her, but cool. Wrestle factory graduate?

Also, I forgot to mark at seeing Frightmare without a crutch. Hopefully he's back soon :D

I've only seen her in highlights of Joshimania videos so I can't really judge her but she seems decent. I can't find anything on her though so I have no clue if she's a graduate. Hopefully so about Fright though!

Related to the show not being out on DVD for awhile, sense they've already got their next set of tapings done I'm sure that means we won't see this angle play out on ROH TV for awhile....

Castiel

Reaction score
I was just thinking, it would make sense if Green Ant went up against one of the two unstoppable monsters in ROH Michael Elgin or Tommaso Ciampa. It seems more likely though that there would be some 6 man tag match, what 3 men would you like to see them against?